Built in batteries question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgardner23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
nebraska
Ok so I've been going back and forth on getting the cool fire 4 plus with the apex tank or the topbox mini.

I think I decided on the cool fire. But I've never owned a mod with a built in battery and I read that it has a excellent battery life. I'm just curious how many times can these built in battery be charged and drained before it has terrible battery life. I'm just curious because with the topbox once you battery life's not doing great you can always buy a new 18650 or whatever sozed battery. But with the cool fire you can't just buy a new battery.

Just curious if anyone suggest built in batteries or not built in batteries more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: smacuser

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I have the CF4 and highly recommend it - if you're not an all day chain vaper.

I only vape about 4ml a day. About 1ml on nautilus mini 1.8ohm and 15W. Then at night 3ml at 30W and .5ohm. It will last two days before I need to recharge.

If you vape all day long at sub ohm, it will last you about 5 hours or so and then you'll have to charge it which will take at least and hour or two of non vaping unless you are happy vaping it while it is connected to the charger, using pass through mode.

If like me you are a light to medium vaper, it is excellent as the build quality is second to none in the watt and price range and you don't have to fiddle round with changing batteries. No plastic, easy to use, simple interface and the buttons do not rattle. A really solid nice looking PV, which feels great in my hand.

Tried Kanger sub box and Joytech e-vic in stores before I bought my coolfire 4, and they felt cheap in comparison, rattled, made of plastic.... I picked up the cool fire 4 and it just felt awesome in comparison, heavy, solid, snug. Dropped it lots of times and not a scratch. Had it 4 months so far and love it. Works great with my nautilus mini and fits a sub tank nano perfectly and vapes them both very nicely.

I could throw my CF4 at a brick wall and am confident it would still work fine afterwards, it's like the Honda of 40W range VV/VW personal vaporizers at that price range...

Last edited:
Reactions: tgardner23
Hey!

I never bought a device which had a battery that was not supposed to be irreplaceable, or difficult to replace. My reasoning is that many devices that have built in rechargers we are told not to recharge them in the device b/c they have been known to have problems. That is my line of reasoning.

Reactions: KentA

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Part of my mindset when buying now is how much work will it be to repair if things go really bad and regulated devices of the power I like are no longer available for purchase because of regulation and having the extra work of replacing batteries in mods like the istick 50 is just extra for no real benefit. I know most feel we will be able to buy everything but nic base after regulation but I'd rather not rely on the common sense of politicians that's just far too risky and very few felt a couple of years ago things would be as bleak as they are now so my plan is replaceable battery mods that I might have to solder a new chip into.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
The CFIV is a great device and is super user friendly. Just plug it in like your phone. By the time your battery bites the dust, vaping will have moved on so much that the device will be outdated. When considering cost of a replaceable battery mods, remember to consider the battery(not $5 please) and a charger. Then you will need more batteries as those wear out. As far as the possible FDA Regs., we will have a couple of years grace period. I'll worry about it then. The sky has not fallen.

I have several of both types of mods and would highly recommend the CFIV

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
The CFIV is a great device and is super user friendly. Just plug it in like your phone. By the time your battery bites the dust, vaping will have moved on so much that the device will be outdated. When considering cost of a replaceable battery mods, remember to consider the battery(not $5 please) and a charger. Then you will need more batteries as those wear out. As far as the possible FDA Regs., we will have a couple of years grace period. I'll worry about it then. The sky has not fallen.

I have several of both types of mods and would highly recommend the CFIV

I don't know where you buy battery's .......................... you will get an easy 400 or more cycles out of properly charged INR
LG HG2 $5.99 3000mAh High Drain IMR Battery INR18650HG2
18650 Samsung INR18650-25R R5 2500mAh (GREEN) High Discharge FLAT Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers
By the way, what's the Max. Continuous Discharging Current rating of the cool fire 4 plus battery ?

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Ok so I've been going back and forth on getting the cool fire 4 plus with the apex tank or the topbox mini.

I think I decided on the cool fire. But I've never owned a mod with a built in battery and I read that it has a excellent battery life. I'm just curious how many times can these built in battery be charged and drained before it has terrible battery life. I'm just curious because with the topbox once you battery life's not doing great you can always buy a new 18650 or whatever sozed battery. But with the cool fire you can't just buy a new battery.

Just curious if anyone suggest built in batteries or not built in batteries more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a mod with a built in battery?
Or is it a battery with some electronics slapped on ?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    But with the cool fire you can't just buy a new battery.

images

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
    I hear lots of good things about the CF4. I, personally, do not own one, however, as I recall they only go down to 6 watts and sometimes I like a cooler vape.

One other thing to keep in mind about mods with non-replaceable batteries - they're usually charged via a USB connection. I loved my iStick 30W dearly. It was the most compact mod I had. But a couple of weeks ago one of my kittens was playing with the charging cord. Before I could grab the kitten it pulled down the charging iStick, damaging the USB connection. Past experience with damaged USB connectors (about 10 years ago) resulted in a fried computer power supply. Needless to say that mod has been replaced - with one that use a replaceable battery.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    My joyetech vtc mini uses a standard 18650 replaceable battery, but it can charge the battery via usb port.
    As for low limit, it goes down all the way to 1 watt.

The key thing about a 'fixed battery mod' is cost. If you get a really economical buy, even though it starts at 5 watts, only does vv, or only does vw but not both, has a fairly restricted ohm range, it can be worth it for somebody who is just starting out.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    The key thing about a 'fixed battery mod' is cost. If you get a really economical buy, even though it starts at 5 watts, only does vv, or only does vw but not both, has a fairly restricted ohm range, it can be worth it for somebody who is just starting out.
    Or even someone experienced who likes his Istick 30 & 40 W because they can't be beat for cost, small size and still have a decent range for MTL vaping ;)

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'm just curious how many times can these built in battery be charged and drained before it has terrible battery life.

I've always gone with the expectation of 300 charges if it's a quality device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread