Built up between the inner and outer sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Australia
Hi,

I have noticed lately that i am getting quite a bit of blackish built up in the lowest contact point between the inner sleeve and the outer shell.

After a bit of use this build up happens it make it hard to fire and hard to pull upward.

it can be easily clean with a quick wipe.

Just want to know if anyone else is having this issue as well.
And what might be causing it:confused:.

Thanks

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I think it's just caused by the nickel plated surfaces rubbing together. It could also be leftover residue from polishing causing this buildup. I get it on both the upper and lower contact points between the battery sleeve and main body. Wipes off easily and doesn't build up too much if cleaned regularly.

Of course, I could just be talking out my a**, but that's my theory, anyway :p If I'm wrong I'm sure the correct explanation will be forthcoming shortly

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I think it's because of dust and dirt getting caught in there. I'm a pretty active person and I take my alpha with me almost everywhere I go. I have noticed that when mine gets hard to fire I take it apart and wipe down the contact points, there is a lot of grimy dirt/dust built up. But just to let you know that is a pretty common thing to have happen. But also like you have found, a simple wipe down with a paper towel fixes it right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread