Bulldog "888r2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I'm brand spanking new here and figured I'd start by sharing something that I've noticed seems to be missing from all of the forums and help sites I've search over the last couple days.
(all my searches kept leading me here so I figured might as well join and share with all of you lovely folks.)

I found my way here because I recently bought a "Bulldog" branded auto-battery starter pack for $10USD from my local smoke shop. typical kit from what I can tell with the auto-batt, a prefilled cartomizer and the USB charger. I figured it seemed pretty cheap comapaired to other similar kits so "why not?".
My carto ran out in about a day and a half but did do the trick of keeping me off the anolog cancer sticks for that time. (yay!)
So I looked for juices and cartos for it only to find that nobody other than the bulldog wholesale site had any info on them and ofcourse they make no mention to thread type and compatible model #'s.

Long story short, I got frustrated and bought another kit.
I grabbed the njoy "NPro Express/Mini". I've seen that many don't like these but turns out it's mechanically identical to the "888r2" that I had gotten from Bulldog. Polarities test the same and now I Know they sport the same 4081 carto fittings.

Not sure if anyone else finds this helpful or relevant but I figured it was worth mentioning since nobody else has this model's compatiblity info listed.
"Bulldog 888r2" = "njoy NPro express/mini"
Chargers are cross-compatible and cartomizers are 4081.
As a quality note on that I did notice the njoy carto is platic and sealed at the mouthpiece end. The Bulldog ones have removable caps on a stainless tube so they are far more friendly for reuseability for about the same $.

Hope I don't get in trouble by mistakenly posting in the wrong place. Just wanted to co tribute to this already stellar forum and knowledgebase :)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Randymizer :)

So sorry to hear you got caught out paying $100 dollars for an RN4081 kit :( There are so many far better & far cheaper e-cigs available.

Don't worry about posting in the wrong place, as a new member this is the (& only) place you can post :D

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't pay $100 for the original kit. It was only $10. I thought I made a typo and looked it over but the USD definitely makes it look like 100 at first glance. LOL
Thankfully I'm not quite naive enough to get snagged on that big of a ripoff.

So far for generic auto-batteries they seem to do the trick. I don't feel the need for a huge amount of vapor production so these little 3.7v things actually work well IMO for the money. I've seen some of the other kits out there. My girl has a manual eGo setup but with the atty and juice she uses it's just too much vapor for me. Heavier vapor seems to make me wheeze for some reason.
I hear that some are actually allergic to higher PG juices. Think this might be the case for me?
I believe the prefilled cartos I got are 50/50 PG VG but they don't really say :/

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
RN4081 cartomizers are metal as far as I know. RN4081 can also use atomizers and the cartridges for those are plastic.

If Bulldog is at least 9.2mm diameter and has female recessed thread on battery and protruding male threads on cartomizer then it most likely has RN4081 or 510 threading (does not mean it IS an RN4081 or 510 so only ever use Bulldog's own charger on it)

To find 4081 cartos
Smokstik Hendu is an RN4081. Some other places you may find RN4081 cartomizers are Njoy (their Npro cartos, aka 2-n-1 at some 7-11 shops), AZSmokefree, Vaporkings.com

For 510 cartos - there are few decent prefilled ones. 510 can use any blank single coil 2.5-3 ohm 510-threaded or 306-threaded cartomizers (most use Boge 3 ohm blanks). For prefilled - LiquidXpress has a small badly stocked selection of prefilled 510 cartos. Vaporkings.com sells Chinese juice filled Boge 510 cartos. Volcanoecigs may sell some prefilled cartos for their Magma (510).

Thanks for the info, Dormouse.
But I was saying that I now KNOW that these two specific brands and models are 4081.

I realize that most cartomizers for the 4081 are metal but I was merely saying that the ones sold under the NJoy brand for the NPro as "2N1" have a plastic shell. I actually pulled one apart to make my comparison.

All the info you gave is great and helpful. You just missed the mark a bit on what I was saying.

The ones that come with the NJoy NPro kit are this:
duo_angle2.png

There is a tiny bit of the brass, about as thick as a dime with teeth on the edge that bites into the plastic but that's about it for metal construction.
the filler wrap and atty pull out in one nice piece and actually went back in with no trouble.

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
good prophets has 4081 cartos also.

The nJoy carto is a bit odd, a little longer then a standard carto, and being plasti and all that.
They can be hard to refill. I've used the syringe at the mouth oprning to fill it. I also used the pop the plastic shell from the connector to expose the batting material method. Sometimes, if you compleatly pull off the plastic, the batting unraps and you cant get it back into the plastic shell.
At 19.95 for 5, the nJoy cartos aren't the best choise to continue useing long term. But its nice to know I can stop by (my) wal-mart and pick some up if desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread