Burning coil legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoigloo2

Aug 2, 2014
San Antonio
So I last night I took a hit on my TOBH Atty and felt a pretty bad taste. I popped the cap to drip and found it wet.. I fired it to see and noticed a leg from one of the two coils was getting red hot. Later I tried firing to see what was up and it went away entirely.. Today I had the TOBH on my Hana mod and I hit it, WORST thing I've done. It was like burnt juice with a splash of acid flavor. I pulled the cap off again to see what was going on but the mod only says "Chen atomizer" I'll be ripping these out clearly but anyone have info on what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So I last night I took a hit on my TOBH Atty and felt a pretty bad taste. I popped the cap to drip and found it wet.. I fired it to see and noticed a leg from one of the two coils was getting red hot. Later I tried firing to see what was up and it went away entirely.. Today I had the TOBH on my Hana mod and I hit it, WORST thing I've done. It was like burnt juice with a splash of acid flavor. I pulled the cap off again to see what was going on but the mod only says "Chen atomizer" I'll be ripping these out clearly but anyone have info on what happened?

This happens to me sometimes when I make contact coils. 'Contact' meaning the coils are really close to each other and preferably touching. When that happens I heat up the coils a bit, let go of the button and squeeze the coil together with tweezers for a few seconds. It usually only takes a couple of repetitions of this process to get rid of the hot leg(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread