Burning Coils, is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
I'm using an ego one clr rebuildable head on an evic vtc mini. I'm using .38mm SS316L with 5 wraps on a 3mm screwdriver, and the coil reads at 5ohms (approx).

Firstly, it just doesnt seem to work on VT at all, i'll have it set at 30w and 420f and it just tastes burnt. When I used ti wire (4mm), I would have it set at 65w and 510f and no problems at all.

On power mode, it's generally fine but I cant seem to go above 30w without it burning. Even If I have it at 25-29w it will burn if I vape for more than 2 or 3 seconds. I'm used to taking long slow draws (on vt mode) so this is quite frustrating.

I'm new to using stainless steel so just wanted to make sure if this sounds normal or I'm doing something wrong.

Advice would be much appreciated, thank you

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'd start at about 15W and play up to about 22-23.
Plug your details into Steamengine/coil wrapping: Heat flux above 25W is in the RED.
It's not gospel... but is very useful.
se.JPG

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
If you are using high VG liquid you may want to try a few drops of distilled water in the tank to aid wicking. It may be that the build you have in there just needs some tweaking.(less cotton).
Burning cotton is not normal.
If one starts at low power/temp. and edges it up slowly until the flavour starts tasting a "little" burnt then backs the power down a little, one should never have to experience a full on burnt hit. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread