Burning taste anything above 60watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDinHD

Apr 24, 2015
East coast USA
Hello everyone this is my first time posting on here and fairly new to vaping. At the moment I'm working with an Atlantis v2 IPV4 mod and whenever I vape at anything above 60 watts for more than 2 seconds I get a burning taste. I prep the coil properly with a few dabs on the hole and on top and let it soak in. Fill the tank take a few dry pulls without firing coil, let it sit for a few minutes. Could it be 80/20 juice that I'm using which is causing the coil to not wick properly? The atlantis V2 has large holes at the base of the coil and I never let the juice get low. Any insight / help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CDinHD

Apr 24, 2015
East coast USA
60 watts is a lot for even a tank -- even a sub ohm tank -- what ohm coils are you using? I use my subohm kanger tank at 15-20 watts max ;)

.3 coil. . I usually vape around 40 to 50w. But sometimes I just want to take it up a notch ;). I will eventually build a coil but I don't know much about that yet I need to do more research.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
thats cool -- even on my rda's i use 35 watts most of the time some times when i'm feeling the urge i bump it up to 50 ;) not getting in to much over that -- my poor ipv3s are being underutilized.
oh... dont get me wrong -- I live in CO and enjoy it :) but the mods may have a problem with your avatar...

mix1983

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Anderson, SC
So I take it that the higher VG juice is really for dripping.
Not really. High VG juice is thick. Wicking is wicking. RDA's or RTA's do tend to have more of it... but at the end of the day, if you're "burning off" more juice than the wick can bring to the coil you're going to get dry hits. It's just a matter of balancing your power with your juice/wicking.

That said, it seems like you're after a warmer vape, and I've noticed the ATLv2 does need more "umph" than ATLv1 for some reason. So, you're gonna have to back down a tad on the ratio of the juice (or the wattage). Maybe try some 70vg/30pg and work down from there and find your sweet spot.

This is my train of thought anyway.

(Just to clarify, ATL = Atlantis)

CDinHD

Apr 24, 2015
East coast USA
Not really. High VG juice is thick. Wicking is wicking. RDA's or RTA's do tend to have more of it... but at the end of the day, if you're "burning off" more juice than the wick can bring to the coil you're going to get dry hits. It's just a matter of balancing your power with your juice/wicking.

That said, it seems like you're after a warmer vape, and I've noticed the ATLv2 does need more "umph" than ATLv1 for some reason. So, you're gonna have to back down a tad on the ratio of the juice (or the wattage). Maybe try some 70vg/30pg and work down from there and find your sweet spot.

This is my train of thought anyway.

(Just to clarify, ATL = Atlantis)

Awesome, thanks a lot.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I cant imagine what you guys find on high watts. I am an old vaper, new to RTAs. Ok they produce more vapour. With my one month Orchid and taifun GT2 devices I hardly go upper 7 - 7.5 Watts and my room looks like foggy. and the vapour is very satisfying with aroma and feels all right. What is the use of 60watts is far beyond my understanding.

Reactions: dhood

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
I cant imagine what you guys find on high watts. I am an old vaper, new to RTAs. Ok they produce more vapour. With my one month Orchid and taifun GT2 devices I hardly go upper 7 - 7.5 Watts and my room looks like foggy. and the vapour is very satisfying with aroma and feels all right. What is the use of 60watts is far beyond my understanding.
1-2 second draws that imitate a cigarette. Thats my purpose, at least.

mix1983

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Anderson, SC

It becomes a hobby. It's like taking a Mustang that is fun on its own, and seeing what you can make it do, just on a smaller level. Some people are just fine with the Mustang getting them where they need to go, some like to see what they can get out of it.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
1-2 second draws that imitate a cigarette. Thats my purpose, at least.
I cant accep this as an answer. Smoking and vaping are different things and you should try to forget smoking. this is something else. As long as you remember smoking, they find a way to get you back. Enjoy vaping and forget smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread