Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @KyleK2793 and welcome to the forum!
Here a few pointers to avoid burnt taste.

• Prime your coils
    When you fill your tank (or clearomizer) with liquid after putting in a new coil, take a few primer puffs (puff on the tank/clearomizer without hitting the fire button). Then let it sit for about 5 minutes. This will get the wicks and coil nice and wet and ready for vaping. If you don't prime, your wicks aren't yet wet, and you will get that burnt taste.
  • Don't draw like a cigarette
    Taking short, hard draws one right after the other quickly depletes the wicks of juice and can lead to a dry hit and burnt taste. Use gentle, long draws (4-5 seconds). This will give you plenty of vapor while keeping the coil and wicks wet. Also give the unit a few seconds between draws to let the wicks bring more liquid to the coil.
  • Watch the power
    High power, either watts or volts, vaporizes more liquid than lower power does. The best way to find the "sweet spot" of any atomizer/juice combination is to start with low power and take a few draws. Then bump up the power a little and take a few more draws. Repeat that until the flavor starts to go bad or you start to get a dry hit. Then lower the power a notch.
  • Clean or Change your coils
    Coils get gunked up with unvaporized juice. It's just a fact of vaping. You will notice a decrease in vapor production first. Then an off-taste. and finally a burnt taste. When you first get the lower vapor production, it's probably time to either clean your coil head or replace it. There are many ways to clean a coil head. Some folks use dish soap and hot water, others use PGA (Pure Grain Aclcohol) and some use denture cleanser tablets followed by a water rinse.
Hope this helps and Happy Vaping!

Reactions: hanzo.esq

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
I have had one of my iclear 16 clearos have that problem. I swapped it with another coil...same thing. Swapped it with another...same thing again. Finally swapped it with another from a different box and it was fine. I think sometimes you just get duds. To be fair, when the coils are around 1.25 a pop, you sort of have to expect that from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread