burnt coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Man

Jul 26, 2014
Dickinson, ND
So a problem I've been having is that my coils birn too quick and not sure why. What I have right now is the iTaste with 2.2 ohm coils. I seem to burn through coils within the day dispite priming the coils and set at the lowest setting. I have an Aspire tank. Never had this issue before with a Lotus tank till recently which is why I bought a new tank. Not sure if it's the brand or not. The local shop used to sell Evod coils which were great then switched brands. That when I notices it. Would it be the quality of coils at thos point?

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have a few questions:
What is the PG/VG blend you typically vape on? High VG is thinner and heats more quickly so its a possibility that the wick is getting burnt because of that.
Also, have you checked the on a multimeter?

It may be due to the quality of the wire used for the coils. Or the type of wire.
High VG is actually the really thick stuff. But I know what you meant, thinner high PG juice does seem to burn quicker. I'm puffing on some juice that doesn't say the PG/VG ratio right now, but judging by the thickness is at least 80% VG and I'm noticing the coil burning if I take too many hits too quickly without letting the juice get onto the wick. Which could also explain his coils burning out if he's using high VG.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
If it started right when your supplier switched brands I would say there's your likely culprit. If it were me I would go find myself some genuine aspire heads to see if things get better.

What model Aspire tank do you have? If it's a Nautilus do you know if you are getting BDC or BVC coils? I've used both and the BDC coils didn't last a fraction of the time the newer BVC coils do.

EDIT: If it's the Vivi Nova or the one that looks similar-ish to an evod tank and use those little cylindrical coil heads then I'll tell you now I didn't like those either as they didn't last long and leaked like crazy.

Last edited:

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
Most of the time the coil is just all gunked up but the actual wick and wire are just fine. I've heard you can just soak the coil head (in water?) overnight and let it dry out for a day or so and they come right back to life. Someone else can probably give you more complete instructions. By the time I found out about soaking coils I had moved on to building them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread