Burnt my throat while sub-ohming, don't be like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Definitely man. I'm just shocked that i'm the 1st to say the little I did. Still waiting for the troops to read this thread & spout off their own warnings and scoldings. Definitely not a good thing. We try to teach anyone asking about rebuilding the best we can and we strive to keep members here from attempting to go below 6-7 or ideally, .8 negative ohms. Just gotta be careful. this is definitely a learning experience for you, for me, and hopefully new sub ohmers.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I was able to get a breath in just in time to maintain consciousness but continued to cough in agony for the next few minutes. After I recovered, I realized what I had done wrong.

Sounds to me that quite possibly you received a huge dry hit to experience all those symptoms, that's where the real danger lies in any sub ohm build, using up the juice faster than can be wicked and vaping wick instead of juice.

pretty sure you started doing wrong the moment you set out to wrap a .3 ohm coil. Surprised no one has come in to seriously condemn this whole idea of a coil so low. This is sticky material. This is news worthy, and if something is news worthy, it's bad news for all of us. If a 16 year old kid did this and went to his family doctor for the throat pain & told the story, e-cigs would be banned within 2 months.

There is nothing wrong with vaping a good built .3 ohm setup, as long as one knows what they are doing and hasn't jumped in to fast. Besides the basic understanding and knowledge about batteries, one needs to be able to build a consistent coil, test it and wick it properly. Not all atomizers are suited for low sub ohm vaping, they must be able to wick enough juice and supply enough air to keep up the demands of 50 watts being passed through the coil. The main mistake the OP took was taking a huge hit before a sample taste, and possibly jumping up his build game to fast. I have rba's with builds from .3 ohms to .8 ohms 1.4 ohms and one at 1.8 ohms. Being able to optimize the build on a given rba is part of the experience, recognizing what a specific atomizer can and can't handle comes from learning and experience. It's kind of like throwing your 15 year old child behind the wheel of a supercharged nitrous powered funny car when they want to learn to drive, not recommended. Funny cars, mechanical mods and rebuildable atomizers are inherently dangerous, and driving any of these devices is not recommended unless you know what the frak you are doing. Says so on every venders web site that sells them.

Hey im new here, just wanted to highjack this thread and ask, how would you prevent the vapor to get to hot if you wish to do lunghits? Larger coils? Higher ohms? What do you suggest?

Lung hits require an atomizer that can produce enough vape and supply enough air to maintain a sane temperature of the vape while giving an easy draw. I personally don't like lung hits that much, lose out on a lot of favor, and the nicotine seems to hit me harder. I like to enjoy a satisfying flavorful vape and draw it into my lungs after tasting and smelling my juice.

One must learn to vape properly and get decent quality atomizers and damn, for got my train of thought, just took a lung hit off 4 different mods ranging from 15-50 watts and have a serious buzz on, so all I can think to say is..

Vape long and Prosper!!!

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
There was no motivation for the foolishness, just overconfidence and inexperience. The mouth to lung would have been a good idea at the time. Too bad I didn't think of it then, huh. Like I said, I'm just sharing the story because I thought it would help someone else. But thanks for the advice anyway.

I believe all experiences should be shared (good and bad). I have a part of my signature that sums it up. Things like this shared can help others not make the same mistakes and learn from yours. We all do things that make perfect sense at the time but find later that maybe if we spent a little more time in the thought process and less in the action process we would have been better. I personally appreciate your experience and the ability to share. Maybe you just saved someone from the trouble you experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread