Burnt taste – what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Maine, USA
I’m new to this vaping thing. It’s going great for the most part. I have been using an ego twist and an ego 400 mini battery. The ce4’s I’ve been using taste and vape great. Any other tank I try tastes like crap. Like burnt metal. I’ve tried 2 different sizes of the vini nova, and a GS-H2 – I’ve tried 1.8 and 2.4 ohm in all 3 non- CE4 tanks. No matter now low I set the voltage they all taste burnt except the ce4s -these all taste good at 3.4 volts to about 4 volts –
I have some Vision DC V3s and a 5 pack of 2.2 ohm coils on order– I think these are like a ce5? – I hope they taste like the ce4 – What am I doing wrong with these other tanks?
Thanks
JJK

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi jjk - hard to say without knowing a bit more, a couple of possibilities here. The wicks may need a rinse before first use. Or the wicks on are not primed with ejuice. I've used vivi novas a lot and they do have to be tipped and swirled gently every so often in use to keep the wicks wet.
I'm assuming you have Vision vivis? I'm not familiar with the GS-H2. If you have this problem with both then possibly wicks not primed, or your volatge setting is a bit high for them. Hope that may be some help for you.

Last edited:

Yohkos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Texas
my favorite when I was new was the Kanger Evod and it is still one of my favorites for around town and at work. I'm still pretty new. The evod coils are cheap and can be rebuilt. Watch the youtube videos, lots of good information. I never had any luck with ce4's. So, I can't answer you on that. Mini Novas have always been hit and miss for me too. Anyway, try the evod and not other brands. Make sure it's Kanger. I have had bad luck with the other brands. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread