RDA Burnt taste from RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
Make sure that your wick is contacting the entire coil. If it isn't, you will get hot spots (the evaporation of the juice cools the coil) and a burnt wick. A coil that is oblong or mishapen can also cause this. Finally, you might want to try waiting a few minutes before going at it with a new wick. Sometimes it takes a bit to fully saturate/expand.

Patrick1500

Mar 22, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg Here's my current build.

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
It looks like your coils do not have the same amount of wraps.
I count one coil with about 8 wraps and the other one appears to have 10 which means one coil will heat substantially faster than the other. The gunk buildup on the faster heating coil, while the other one stays fairly clean (cold) further strengthens my suspicion. The 10wrap coil may also have a hotspot.

Take out your cotton, clean your atty and dry-fire it to see if both coils heat evenly and fire at the same time. If they don't, and it does not easly fix by gently brushing over the coil or tweezing (not likely in this case), redo your build. Always make sure things heat up at the same time and check for hot and cold spots on the coils, else you will be cooking your juice on the hot coil while the other one does not do much.

Remember that power always follows the path of the least resistance, which is why it is important that your coils are identical twins as far as wraps and leg lengths are concerned.

Not cramming the whole deck with cotton might also give you better results, but that is unrelated to your problem and ymmv.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread