Burnt taste - Stardust and ego battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
Deff a result of liquid not wicking fast enough and because it was firing without being totally wet it has burned the little bit of juice that was on the wick onto the coil because the coil was dryish and was allowed to heat up quickly. You may be able to save the coil with some dry burning but my guess is that the coils shot. This was most likely caused by your juice being a little thicker then normal and that issue will be solved with youe evod I use very thick juice in mine with never an issue. :) while your waiting for the evod you can continue to use ur stardust by turning it on its side or upside down between hits to rewet the wicks. It will be annoying but should hold you over.

Happy vaping :)

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

lol beat me to the punch

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Exactly - that's why I asked the question if it was an on again/off again burnt taste or constant. Plus one from me

Deff a result of liquid not wicking fast enough and because it was firing without being totally wet it has burned the little bit of juice that was on the wick onto the coil because the coil was dryish and was allowed to heat up quickly. You may be able to save the coil with some dry burning but my guess is that the coils shot. This was most likely caused by your juice being a little thicker then normal and that issue will be solved with youe evod I use very thick juice in mine with never an issue. :) while your waiting for the evod you can continue to use ur stardust by turning it on its side or upside down between hits to rewet the wicks. It will be annoying but should hold you over.

Happy vaping :)

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
Well, the coil looks shot...guess I wasn't patient enough to let the wicks soak up enough juice initially. Lesson learned - should have bought some replacement atomizers while I was at the store! Luckily, I have two other tanks to tide me over until my EVODs get here. Thank you all!

With the evod the wicks are at the bottom so u can chain vape with no worries. Just dont run out of juice ;) haha

Un-Loco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Ft Bliss, TX
www.facebook.com
Honestly check you ego make sure its real

Can you explain the process in which a fake ego will burn a coil and a real one will not with normal usage?

Bhswmc01: The coil is still salvageable, but it depends on how bad its burnt, and how much labor you want to put into it.

If you have the kind which you can take the tank off the unit, take it off and the rubber tip to expose the coil. clean it out under running water till the wicks are looking pretty clean. (May not ever look fully white, depending on the juice color)

Then begin a dry burn. The goal is to get the coils red and hot enough to turn the burnt gunk into "ash" which is then washed away on consecutive washes/dry burns. Dont hold the button over 5-6 seconds at a time, and it will drain your battery by the time it is cleaned, so be prepared with a second battery so you can vape on while the other is charging. Just keep burning until the gunk turns white/ashy and rinse

It is not a complex process, there is little risk of damaging anything or killing your battery, as your unit should have a 10 second cutoff. It can save you some money in the long run, but ultimately its up to you if you want to take the risk/labor for a less than 5 dollar replacement head.

I would recommend searching around for videos on dryburn/cleaning heads for your tanks if you want to do it, but are hesitant. I know i was nervous to do it my first few times, but i becomes a normal part of the process. You can not BURN the silica wick and it is not what is tasting burnt, its just burnt juice gunked up

Last edited:

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
Ugh - I didn't see this before I threw the burnt one away - there was a lot of black gunk on the coil. I'll remember this for the next time it happens!

Can you explain the process in which a fake ego will burn a coil and a real one will not with normal usage?

Bhswmc01: The coil is still salvageable, but it depends on how bad its burnt, and how much labor you want to put into it.

If you have the kind which you can take the tank off the unit, take it off and the rubber tip to expose the coil. clean it out under running water till the wicks are looking pretty clean. (May not ever look fully white, depending on the juice color)

Then begin a dry burn. The goal is to get the coils red and hot enough to turn the burnt gunk into "ash" which is then washed away on consecutive washes/dry burns. Dont hold the button over 5-6 seconds at a time, and it will drain your battery by the time it is cleaned, so be prepared with a second battery so you can vape on while the other is charging. Just keep burning until the gunk turns white/ashy and rinse

It is not a complex process, there is little risk of damaging anything or killing your battery, as your unit should have a 10 second cutoff. It can save you some money in the long run, but ultimately its up to you if you want to take the risk/labor for a less than 5 dollar replacement head.

I would recommend searching around for videos on dryburn/cleaning heads for your tanks if you want to do it, but are hesitant. I know i was nervous to do it my first few times, but i becomes a normal part of the process. You can not BURN the silica wick and it is not what is tasting burnt, its just burnt juice gunked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread