Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I use the quad coils and have had no problems with them. They sometimes last me almost a month.
Yours seem to work fine for 5 days so not a problem with wicking. I would guess that you are using a sweet juice that gunks up the coils. You could try a different coil head and see if it will last longer or change to a different juice. If you don't want to do any of that, you may want to try a different tank and coil set-up.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
@Eskie is on to it. Don't measure coil life by time elapsed. Measure instead by quantity of liquid consumed. I agree that 50ml of vape sweetness is not bad.

Also:
  • Baby Beast coils are thirsty little boogers and go through juice in a hurry
  • Vaping the tank dry or nearly so increases the risk of dry hits
  • The needle trick can improve wicking performance
You're probably at the right wattage for good coil and battery life. Despite their thirst for juice and persnickety behavior when not treated just right, those coils are hard to beat when they're fresh.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
Agreed on building own coils. This is my third coil that I built last night after getting a coil-building kit yesterday. I don't know what it's called (other than "a coil") - but it's two kanthal strands twisted around each other.

Gives a lot of flavor, even at low watts.

Wire and cotton are almost free and the kit, with an RTA, and an 18650, were under $70 shipped. I figure it will pay for itself in a couple months. Plus it's actually fun winding coils and experimenting with how they affect flavor, etc.
92dc987060e7bbc8976a7dca3bbf83c1.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Agreed on building own coils. This is my third coil that I built last night after getting a coil-building kit yesterday. I don't know what it's called (other than "a coil") - but it's two kanthal strands twisted around each other.

Gives a lot of flavor, even at low watts.

Wire and cotton are almost free and the kit, with an RTA, and an 18650, were under $70 shipped. I figure it will pay for itself in a couple months. Plus it's actually fun winding coils and experimenting with how they affect flavor, etc.
92dc987060e7bbc8976a7dca3bbf83c1.jpg

Twisted coil

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

That's called a twisted coil. Vape language isn't all that terrible.:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I probably go through 10 ml a day. A couple tanks. I also vape pretty sweet juices

50ml, with that Tank, using that Wattage, using a pretty Sweet e-Liquid... That sounds about right.

BTW - When you Prime and Fill Up tank with a New Coil, you really Don't need to wait an Hour before you use it. If the New Coil doesn't become Fully Saturated by priming and sitting in a full tank for a Minute or Two it probably isn't going to wick right when in Normal Use.

It Doesn't hurt anything to let it sit for a Hour. But if you want to use it Immediately, like you are getting ready to leave for work, I should work fine.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
That's called a twisted coil. Vape language isn't all that terrible.:)
Lol, thank you.

I ended up not being able to use it. The cap that seals my tiny deck away from the e-juice in the RTA was touching it in an inappropriate fashion. Causing my mod to complain. Causing me to think about getting a better RTA!

[emoji3]

Reactions: stols001

zuuuus333

Moved On
Nov 8, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread