Business practice forced me away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I found a shop in my hometown (I don't live there, I live in another state) that I visited a few times in the past during visits. I've always had good transactions and the like, until the last two weeks.

I bought some flavoring and was able to clone one of my favorite brands/flavors of e-juice. On my next visit, I bought more, and told him that we needed to do something, because I could no longer wait until my visit to buy it. He said that he could help me out, and would quote me some prices that I couldn't refuse.

That was a month ago. This time last week, I contacted him about the pricing, and he said he'd get it for me later that day. The next day, I contacted him again, and he apologized about not getting back to me, and that he would have pricing that night. Again, I contacted him the next day, and he again said he'd get the pricing. 4 days of this go by, and I finally get the pricing. We discussed how we would proceed with the transaction, and he told me earlier today that he would add it to the web page. 12 hours go by, and I see nothing.

I decided to go elsewhere for my needs. I found my products on anther website and I made my order. Because of his business practices, and lack of customer service, he lost an order...and a customer for life. I was willing to pay his higher prices, because it was keeping a business going in my hometown. Instead, I'm paying about $40 less on the same product and amount of flavor, and he's not getting the benefits of that sale.

To all shop owners...if you treat your customers this way, you will lose customers.

Ok...I'm done with my rant.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Customer service is the number one reason alot of shops go belly up within the first year of opening their doors. Now that you know what to get and where to get it, you'll be ok with the juice but don't burn any bridges with them yet as you may need something someday from his shop. I completely understand the frustration of dealing with bad business owners. At least you have the people here to help you out if you need any more info for cloning juice or getting feedback. Vape on.

Reactions: thetrucker

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Pushy much?

Stop everything and take care of my wants.

Maybe you have a point, but maybe he had his reasons for the delay.
25yrs small business and I had to push plenty of small one on one transactions to keep track of and manage the larger day to day business that actually paid the bills.

So......... only knowing what your saying.......No free cookies:|

Reactions: ringling

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I agree customers make a business, but being pushy isn't the way to go about doing it and not using a shop anymore. It's one thing to be disrespectful or to run a bad shop. Now, the part about a month later and contacting him was fine in my opinion. Basically bringing it up daily after that was a bit much. You were that impatient to only wait 12 hours for something to be on a website? Honestly if I was the business owner, I wouldn't be sad to see you go elsewhere. Being upset at the beginning was justified, towards the end, you being upset isn't as justified to me.

My dad has owned businesses. The overall business, bulk orders, inventory, meetings, payroll. All of that takes priority over an order for one person. I used to help my dad run his business. I would spend 3 hours just getting everything ready to order. Inventory took equally as long and the time was doubled when we got semi's of items in. Meetings could last hours and payroll was very tedious and time consuming. Not counting when we needed help in store because employees called in sick. I would ignore phone calls from the office (not the store phone) and emails to assist the customers there in person to shop.

In the end you got it cheaper, and know of a site to get it now.

Reactions: glointhedark

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
its funny how some people seem to believe stores just
magically appear appear out of no where.
oh look a new shop,lets check it out.ooo-aaaa
look at all the pretty box and tube mods.
the clearomiser,tanks drip tips(in all colors),
egos and spinners and rows and rows of juice.
all in shiny glass display cases. look a tasting bar!
why is the price so high they ask.
if they knew what the cost of a decent used display case
was,they would pass a volkswagon.
by the way is your company transparent? the
cutomer is always right you know.:facepalm:
i could go on.
regards
mike

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread