Butterfly Bait, initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
My "travel bottle" varies between the 10ml and 30ml bottles already. And I use tanks and 6ml bottom-feeders already. At any given time I have between 6 and 36 ml of juice within hand's reach (if I only have one mod available). Right now, sitting at the laptop, I have five mods and about 150ml of juice I can reach without standing up.

I was just making an observation on the new packaging :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Well you should know by now that I'm a metaphorical kind of guy...

;)

Edit: And I really only use "travel bottles" when I'm sporting the GG since I can't get a tank to work on them. There's something about the center pin on them that evidently wicks juice through the carto since I can fill the tank and let it sit upright on a plate for three days without seeping a drop, but put it on the GG and it will lose about a ml every 12 hours. Usually I'm packing a Hog or the Prodigy with one of M&P's tanks...

Last edited:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
I have to post this before i go out. BB is winning 5 layer by a buck and change rotfl

Laughing.gif

Last edited:

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I just had to revive this thread. I recently tried M&P for the first time and I absolutely love this flavor. I get peach and pineapple mixed with some other stuff that I just can't identify. To me, it reminds me of some tropical fruit buble gum(Trident, I think) I've had before. I'm not sure how this juice changes as it steeps because my 10ml bottle that I ordered to sample is already almost gone. I'm going for a 60ml bottle next time. That is the only way it may last long enough to actually steep some.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I tend to order enough to have it be steeped by the time I get to it--down to between 40 and 50 ml now and have already been getting nervous the last couple days :lol:

That means I don't get the initial fruity phase of the steeping process anymore--but I have notice something else. When I am fiddling with voltage (in either the Mom and Pop's Variable Volt Mod Butterfly Bait Special Edition, or my homemade monstrosity)

bbse.jpg
monstro.jpg

Or when I'm playing with 6volts in a tube and the carto starts to run dry, just before the juice gets to be burnt the flavour becomes predominated by a strong and distinctive taste of banana. At the point that a burnt taste makes it into the juice, the banana is gone again--and even more interesting is that it does not happen under 4 volts.

Curiouser and curiouser...

And thanks for the bump--been meaning to post the picture of the Variable Volt BBSE for Pop for a while now :)

Attachments

• monstro.jpg
    monstro.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 19

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I tend to order enough to have it be steeped by the time I get to it--down to between 40 and 50 ml now and have already been getting nervous the last couple days :lol:

That means I don't get the initial fruity phase of the steeping process anymore....

I re-ordered today. Went with the 60ml bottle this time. I really like the flavor the way it is now(fresh) so I'm a lil worried about it changing after it steeps. Of course, maybe I'll like it better. We will see and if I like it better freshly mixed, I will just order maybe weekly for the 30ml bottle to use it before it steeps.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
That was initially my plan, but it had fail worked in from the start. For me, ordering in small enough batches that I could experience the entire steeping process ended up meaning that I would inevitably run out before more could make it to me. And since trying to anticipate when I would run out and order for that only seemed to guarantee that the steeping process would be at least partially done I decided just to order so I don't run out.

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
Pwyll, reading this thread has me so excited, lol. I thought my first taste of this juice would be tomorrow night-as it stands-
It's sitting at the mail post right now! Hubby will be bringing it home within the hour! I can't wait to fill a carto and see what all the buzz is about! If it's even close to how well you write up a post, and how excellent Tami is at mixing, I'll have another 'to-die for' flavor very quickly! ;)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com

That means I don't get the initial fruity phase of the steeping process anymore--but I have notice something else. When I am fiddling with voltage (in either the Mom and Pop's Variable Volt Mod Butterfly Bait Special Edition, or my homemade monstrosity)

bbse.jpg
monstro.jpg

Or when I'm playing with 6volts in a tube and the carto starts to run dry, just before the juice gets to be burnt the flavour becomes predominated by a strong and distinctive taste of banana. At the point that a burnt taste makes it into the juice, the banana is gone again--and even more interesting is that it does not happen under 4 volts.

Curiouser and curiouser...

And thanks for the bump--been meaning to post the picture of the Variable Volt BBSE for Pop for a while now :)
s

pwyll that's awesome how'd i miss this one. have you seen this chip yet

0J2566.600.jpg

0J2600.600.jpg

specs
output voltages from a wide input voltage range of 4.5 to 42 V. They are switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and have a typical efficiency of 80%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. The output voltage is set using the board’s trimmer potentiometer, with the two D24VxALV versions having an available range of approximately 2.5 V to 7.5 V and the two D24VxAHV models having an available range of approximately 4 V to 25 V. Versions with 300 mA and 600 mA maximum output currents are available.

The regulator has under-voltage and short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown prevents damage from overheating. The board does not have reverse-voltage protection.

you might know more about this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread