Buying from China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can't say what importing into iceland is like. It's fine in the USA right now.

Chances are if you have no issues importing from USA and EU then I see no reason why importing from China would be different.

As said earlier, though, some sites lost their Paypal accounts in the past 2 months. .

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I have never really had a problem importing from China and still so far, so good. Unless you want to pay crazy shipping fees, well, it may take a llittle longer.

The only thing I have ever had inspected was a big Snus order from Sweden.

But there can be problems I guess. Maybe warranty issues might be the biggest one for now, IDK.

Except for you, Gearbest, except for you. LOL.
    Anna

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I have never really had a problem importing from China and still so far, so good. Unless you want to pay crazy shipping fees, well, it may take a llittle longer.

The only thing I have ever had inspected was a big Snus order from Sweden.

But there can be problems I guess. Maybe warranty issues might be the biggest one for now, IDK.

Except for you, Gearbest, except for you. LOL.
    Anna
    Yeah what happened to Gearbest? I used to buy about 50 percent of my vape stuff from them. Then it seemed overnight they were out of stock and expensive. Oh well c'est la vie I spose

Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I have gotten just about all my hardware (mods, RTA's, wire and cotton) from FastTech. They're in China. Shipping from that company is a pretty low cost, but slow. Don't order anything from them that you need right away, it usually takes close to a month. They can't accept PayPal for vape stuff anymore either.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I have gotten just about all my hardware (mods, RTA's, wire and cotton) from FastTech. They're in China. Shipping from that company is a pretty low cost, but slow. Don't order anything from them that you need right away, it usually takes close to a month. They can't accept PayPal for vape stuff anymore either.
    You can get around the PayPal issue by buying gift cards from FT with PayPal and then using them to buy vape gear.

There's also faster shipping - it's on page 2 of their checkout shipping options called "...Expedited Air". It costs about $4 and takes a week to10 days to Australia. The free and cheaper options take up to 3 months.
    Pretty sure there's a similar option to the States.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There's also faster shipping - it's on page 2 of their checkout shipping options called "...Expedited Air". It costs about $4 and takes a week to10 days to Australia. The free and cheaper options take up to 3 months.
    Pretty sure there's a similar option to the States.

Yes there is. It's called USPS Expedited which is DHL Ecommerce service (which is what all the other Chinese vape retailers are using since about a year ago now). Goes on DHL plane to USA to an import agent company. DHL picks it up and delivers it to a holding point, then USPS picks it up and delivers it (it can sometimes stay at this holding point for over a week). This can take anywhere from 15-30 days but it seems to be more reliable than epacket. Cost can be anywhere from $2-$5 for normal order of say 1 mod and 1 tank, which is far less than others are charging. Others are charging $7 or more these days for the same DHL Commerce service from China and $10+ from Hong Kong.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    This was my initial Gearbest experience, their "card processer" went into self destruct mode and instead of 1 mod, I wound up paying for 3 which my bank promptly declined but one arrived for some reason and I contacted them and I was like, "Oh hay here is this mod you sent me for free do you want it," and they were like, "Meh write RETURN to sender on it" all disinterested in my honesty and goodness, like WHATEVER.

Then I accidentally bought something using some other card etc., and the address was wrong. EVERY other vendor I contacted (it was my old house, not far they sent them back and I believe it, except GEARBEST. They said (even though I was like, OH HAY every other vendor was totally understanding, some just sent it again, some charged me shipping.

I was like: Charge me shipping! Send me it! And they were like, "No. It is in our TOS."

So I did not argue and I was like "I could have read them better." But, I was also like, "I have ADHD GEARBEST so your terms of service do not work for me AND you are jerks." I have never ordered from them again, and when I feel like it, I trash talk them.

It's kind of a shame, really, that the things happened in THAT order, because I would have kept that mod and emailed them every day saying "I have a free mod, nanana nana what are you gonna do call the Chinese COPS on me?" That might have been fun."

Anna

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    This was my initial Gearbest experience, their "card processer" went into self destruct mode and instead of 1 mod, I wound up paying for 3 which my bank promptly declined but one arrived for some reason and I contacted them and I was like, "Oh hay here is this mod you sent me for free do you want it," and they were like, "Meh write RETURN to sender on it" all disinterested in my honesty and goodness, like WHATEVER.

Then I accidentally bought something using some other card etc., and the address was wrong. EVERY other vendor I contacted (it was my old house, not far they sent them back and I believe it, except GEARBEST. They said (even though I was like, OH HAY every other vendor was totally understanding, some just sent it again, some charged me shipping.

I was like: Charge me shipping! Send me it! And they were like, "No. It is in our TOS."

So I did not argue and I was like "I could have read them better." But, I was also like, "I have ADHD GEARBEST so your terms of service do not work for me AND you are jerks." I have never ordered from them again, and when I feel like it, I trash talk them.

It's kind of a shame, really, that the things happened in THAT order, because I would have kept that mod and emailed them every day saying "I have a free mod, nanana nana what are you gonna do call the Chinese COPS on me?" That might have been fun."

Anna
    I think I loved buying stuff from them so I could tell people I just bought something from a vendor called GearBest. "Chinese company?" the usual response.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread