Buying in Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Of course, I'll still need to get flavors every once in a while, but as a cost-saving measure, I purchased the 1 gallon PG and VG package from Essentials Depot. It finally arrived today.

My husband is still a dual-user, and it's mostly analogs (though he's really cut back), so, for the most part, I'm only mixing for myself.

I only go through about 2ml per day, so I'm figuring that the PG/VG I purchased should last a good, long time. I also received my 120ml of 100mg nic, which should also last quite a while as I'm on 6mg strength right now and plan on cutting back until I'm on 0mg. That may very well have been the last nic I'll ever need to buy. :)

Unfortunately, I purchased my strawberry flavor before I read around and asked here, so I have 120ml of TFA strawberry, which isn't as garden-fresh as I'd hoped. It was cheap, yes, but I should have gone for FA Strawberry, instead, from what I've heard people saying.

I'm also going to try to mix up a custard-note-free substitute for cinnamon roll. Again, I wish I'd read before purchasing, as I got 30ml of OSDIY's Baked Cinnamon Roll before knowing anything about the problem substances. I also figured that their warning was more of a "precaution" rather than a real concern. That's on me. I just figured that since they basically catered to the vaping market that anything they sold was actually okay. Silly me.

It actually makes me want to start an e-juice business catering to those that want custard-note-free vaping. Someone should do that.

Once I find a couple of recipes that work for ADVs for me, I'll get (somewhat) bulk flavors and not need to spend any more money on vaping for quite a while, unless I need replacement batteries or APVs.

All I need now is time to mix. Time I have.

Sure beats a $7.20/day (now more) smoking habit.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
I learned to buy all my TFA flavors in 4oz and everything else in 30ml or greater. I supply a bunch of friends with juice at $6 for 30ml which actually makes me a tiny bit of money. Although I invested pretty heavy going in which has saved me in the long run. So if you can share the cost with friends, co-workers, neighbors or family and just break even it's still worth it. I probably have close to a thousand dollars just in flavoring but it's still cheaper then buying cigs. Even some of my old hardware has been traded or sold off to friends to help pay for my new stuff.

And people who start a business usually aren't doing it to help people even if they use that as a marketing angle. Starting a juice company on a commercial scale is very costly. Sure it's cheaper to buy bulk but having to buy liters of many different flavors to make it worth while is still not cheap. Nor is spending thousands of dollars for PG/VG/Nic and all the other expenses involved in starting a business. I see guys on Ebay selling tons of zero nic juice with food coloring in fact and scratch my head wondering who is buying (probably minors) that crap. But that is exactly what will eventually help the FDA pass regulations and hurt everyone in the DIY community who try to be responsible.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
FA Cinnamon Ceylon 2%
FA Cookie 2%
FA Custard 1%
FA Meringue .5-1% for sweeter

This might get you close.

I usually don't buy more than 30ml flavorings, just been bit before.

Thank you! :)

OSDIY's Baked Cinnamon Roll

Is one of my very favorites!! I mix it 10% in a 50/50-1.2% base. It's ready to go - just shake and vape!!

I like raw-ish dough, but this tastes just a little too raw for my tastes. And I think, after vaping it, I can really tell what a custard note tastes like now.

It's good tasting, but I prefer the one from my local shop, which is more cinnamon than roll, while still not being overpowering.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I learned to buy all my TFA flavors in 4oz and everything else in 30ml or greater. I supply a bunch of friends with juice at $6 for 30ml which actually makes me a tiny bit of money. Although I invested pretty heavy going in which has saved me in the long run. So if you can share the cost with friends, co-workers, neighbors or family and just break even it's still worth it. I probably have close to a thousand dollars just in flavoring but it's still cheaper then buying cigs. Even some of my old hardware has been traded or sold off to friends to help pay for my new stuff.

And people who start a business usually aren't doing it to help people even if they use that as a marketing angle. Starting a juice company on a commercial scale is very costly. Sure it's cheaper to buy bulk but having to buy liters of many different flavors to make it worth while is still not cheap. Nor is spending thousands of dollars for PG/VG/Nic and all the other expenses involved in starting a business. I see guys on Ebay selling tons of zero nic juice with food coloring in fact and scratch my head wondering who is buying (probably minors) that crap. But that is exactly what will eventually help the FDA pass regulations and hurt everyone in the DIY community who try to be responsible.

Yeah, as I said, I'd love to start a company selling "safe" e-juices, but I just don't have the money nor the will to do such a thing. I'll purchase a few flavors for myself and possibly my husband if he gets more into vaping, but I'm pretty much done with throwing thousands of dollars out the window. :)

clh2121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2014
Keota, Oklahoma, United States
Actually, it was Strawberry Ripe. :)

I also just received FA Strawberry, so once this TFA mix bottle is gone, I'll mix up some FA Strawberry and see what I think of that. :)

So far I like the TFA Ripe better, but like I said it may be my nic.... I'll have to give the FA another shot later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread