Custard Note-Free Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Without panicking (which I almost did the other night), just how harmful are custard notes when it comes to vaping?

Right now, my taste-of-choice, my ADV, is Cinnamon Roll, and when I decided to get back into DIY, I purchased some Baked Cinnamon Roll flavor and received it yesterday. However, all the Cinnamon Roll flavors I've seen have had custard notes (the stuff that can contain small amounts of Diacetyl).

Just how bad is this stuff?

Should I toss my CR Flavor and try to come up with my own that does not contain these chemicals (I see that one TFA vanilla flavor does NOT contain the custard notes)?

I also notice that there are a lot of people talking about milk and dairy flavors without any concern. As far as I can tell, every one of those dairy flavors I've seen have contained the custard notes.

So I'm wondering how much of a concern it is for those going for the greatest harm-reduction?

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Capella has Vanilla Custard v2 and French Vanilla v2 without the baddies.

TFA has Vanilla Swirl, which is real good also.

FA (FlavorArt) has the best selection of safe flavorings, if there is such a thing anyway.

No one can be sure any vaping is really safe, so it's up to you in the end to decide.

I don't worry to much about it myself tho.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Nobody knows how harmful it will be if at all, but you shouldn't be panicking in the short term. If these chemicals have an effect, the effects will appear over extended use (years to decades). If you wish to avoid them altogether, I would recommend FlavourArt concentrates, as well as TFA concentrates. For FA, anything under their "Electronic Cigarette" section is free of all diacetyl-related chemicals. With TFA, you need to visit their site, as each flavor that has the questionable ingredients in it will have a red warning underneath it letting you know.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks.

I say all this coming from a lifestyle of sucking down at least 30 analogs a day for about 25 years and living with one of the unhealthiest diets in the world, but I've recently had a couple of near-death experiences, and I'd like to turn my life around. I know the only sure way of removing the harm from any form of smoking or vaping is to quit completely, but I do enjoy smoking and vaping, and I'd like to continue vaping, if at all possible, while reducing harm as much as possible with that goal.

I don't want to be paranoid, but lately I can't seem to help it.

Reactions: anjelvape77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread