Bwb & v4l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracj007

Mar 3, 2011
stafford va
Hi All,

Everyone has been so helpful! I ordered my kit from V4L for hubby and myself on Saturday and got shipping confirmation yesterday that it is on it's way! OMG...I can't wait! When i did my order I just ordered the kit and one extra 5 pack of carto's for each of us. After watching so many vidoe's of how to refill carto's 2-3 times before throwing them away, it seems simple enough I though maybe I should order a small bottle of ejiuce to do refilling.

So I decided after looking at at least 20 different juice websites and products that I was gonna order from Backwoods Brew- BWB. I almost ordered from Gourmet Vapor, had my selection picked out and everything but then double checked the form to see if I missed checking into any of the other places that had good reviews and came across BWB, although it took me awhile to figure out what BWB stood for. So I went there and ordered from their instead! Gourmet Vapor will be my next order when the time comes. I ordered the Applewood for me The menthol for hubby. I wanted to try the cherry tobacco but they were out, also the RY4 blend but that too was out of stock.

I have final question and then I think I'll be question free for a while.....
My carto's are coming prefilled so when I'm done with a carto and I want to refill with Applewood is the Applewood going to taste like the previous flavor that was in the carto? Am I suppose to clean the carto before I put a new flavor in it. Maybe it will be a combo flavor for the first hit or two then be the flavor of Applewood? I think I'm a bite confused on that.

Thank you everyone soooooo very much for all the tips, help, input and countless hours of reading from this forum! I can't wait for my kit to get here...will be stalking the mailman starting tomorrow!!! :laugh:

ninjamunky

Feb 7, 2011
Ohio, USA
Yes the prefilled carts will keep some of their taste if not cleaned. Not always a bad thing. I got a small bottle of snickerdoodle from GV it was double flavor. I liked it and made it last longer by mixing it with some vanilla I had. Vanilla wasn't as good as I hoped by itself, but is good to mix with other things.
BWB applewood is one of my favs. Vaping some right now. The flavors are great but subtle so I would clean those prefilled cartos before filling with those juices.
I clean them by boiling for about five mins. Boiling again if I can still smell the old flavor. Then I put em in the oven at 225 for at least 90 mins. They have to be completely dry before you refill them or they won't work.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Don at BWB is obviously having too much success! I've been waiting for a while to get my Malty Toffee fix. He's in and out of stock on MT, my favorite. Yesterday, I got an email that it was back in stock and went right to the BWB site only to find out that it was out of stock again. I emailed Don and he returned the email saying that he put 50 bottles in stock and they sold out in an hour!

I like the Applewood, also. My staple is Don's 555, which is pretty much always in stock.

bella76

Feb 11, 2011
over the river,pa
I second what CES said. Sometimes, especially at first, the boiling and cleaning of previously filled cartos is not 100% successful.For example, if u let them run too dry. Instead of taking a chance of running out, I'd buy blanks.I like V4L coolcarts.I have tried a few different vendors for juice, and will always and forever order BWB. Sign up for his stock notifications....soooo worth the wait, and good luck 2 u and your hubby!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Buy some blank cartos because it is not a good idea to run a carto dry - you could singe the stuffing and ruin it. I add juice to a carto whenever the vapor seems light or a bit dry and I can't revive it by tilting the ecig carto down for 5 seconds. And I do mix flavors - top off with a different flavor than what came with it, and eventually after days and days it will finally be mostly the new flavor. If you get a prefilled carto you don't like, you could spin the juice out of it then try filling it well with a new flavor - that would speed up the process. (search Youtube for Reverse Taryn Spin to see how to spin out the juice - I do not normally use the condom filling method he shows - too messy for me)

For cheaper shipping, you could get some of these soft-cap blank cartos
KR808d-1 PREMIUM Blank Cartomizers

You might also want to pick one or more 510/901/KR808D-1 drip tips there - plastic or delrin are good for using on hot cartos as a mouthpiece instead of the small end-cap (or use that way just because you like the size/feel of the mouthpiece and because it is easy to pull it out to add juice). You could also pick up a DSE901 atty (standard, not LR) and use it on the V4L battery with a drip tip for trying new juice samples and juices - it will be an airier lighter effect but it can help you check a flavor first before you fill a carto with it. Note - atomizers are usually shipped with awful tasting primer on them - find out about how to remove that before inhaling anything off a new atty.

Cleaning cartos is something that works for some people to get more life out of a carto, not really something to do just to change flavors.

Last edited:

Tracj007

Mar 3, 2011
stafford va
Buy some blank cartos because it is not a good idea to run a carto dry - you could singe the stuffing and ruin it. I add juice to a carto whenever the vapor seems light or a bit dry and I can't revive it by tilting the ecig carto down for 5 seconds. And I do mix flavors - top off with a different flavor than what came with it, and eventually after days and days it will finally be mostly the new flavor. If you get a prefilled carto you don't like, you could spin the juice out of it then try filling it well with a new flavor - that would speed up the process. (search Youtube for Reverse Taryn Spin to see how to spin out the juice - I do not normally use the condom filling method he shows - too messy for me)

For cheaper shipping, you could get some of these soft-cap blank cartos
KR808d-1 PREMIUM Blank Cartomizers

You might also want to pick one or more 510/901/KR808D-1 drip tips there - plastic or delrin are good for using on hot cartos as a mouthpiece instead of the small end-cap (or use that way just because you like the size/feel of the mouthpiece and because it is easy to pull it out to add juice). You could also pick up a DSE901 atty (standard, not LR) and use it on the V4L battery with a drip tip for trying new juice samples and juices - it will be an airier lighter effect but it can help you check a flavor first before you fill a carto with it. Note - atomizers are usually shipped with awful tasting primer on them - find out about how to remove that before inhaling anything off a new atty.

Cleaning cartos is something that works for some people to get more life out of a carto, not really something to do just to change flavors.

LOL....I have to laugh at myself....my level of ignorance....lol....you lost me about halfway through what your saying! I got the part of being able to change the flavor a bite by putting a few drops of another flavor but then you pretty much lost me. I am starting this being really basic and simple and will just keep reading what everyone says and determine at a much later point whether or not to "get into vaping" to the degree I am reading about. I probably will in time. First step is getting off the analogs.

So if I can get simple advise and suggestions that would be great...nothing to deep or complicated. I know I'm just not getting it all...I'm sorry...

Boiling them and letting them dry seems simple enough. Having the original flavor it came with and adding a juice that would go with it sounds good and simple too for a couple extra uses before throwing it away. I can do that. I've also ordered my mom a kit too, so when all arrives I've got to teach my elderly mother and my husband all this stuff cause they are not getting up here on the forum to learn about it. They will get their kit and then say.." how do I do this...what do I do...what's this for....what's that for...what does this do... " looking to me to answer all their questions and inquires. So that's why I say not to deep, gotta keep it simple. my brain is on overdrive!:oops::oops::

sj74

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Virginia
I would suggest that you get blank cartos to refill, there are so many out there, but would recommend that you give Drew from NHALER a try, he has the wide range of blank cartos that are all latest design that will work well with your V4L batteries. Good juice too!!! I would not even attempt to clean cartos out, everything is so wound tight in there you take a good chance of breaking the wick

Tracj007

Mar 3, 2011
stafford va
Hi All,

Everyone has been so helpful! I ordered my kit from V4L for hubby and myself on Saturday and got shipping confirmation yesterday that it is on it's way! OMG...I can't wait! When i did my order I just ordered the kit and one extra 5 pack of carto's for each of us. After watching so many vidoe's of how to refill carto's 2-3 times before throwing them away, it seems simple enough I though maybe I should order a small bottle of ejiuce to do refilling.

So I decided after looking at at least 20 different juice websites and products that I was gonna order from Backwoods Brew- BWB. I almost ordered from Gourmet Vapor, had my selection picked out and everything but then double checked the form to see if I missed checking into any of the other places that had good reviews and came across BWB, although it took me awhile to figure out what BWB stood for. So I went there and ordered from their instead! Gourmet Vapor will be my next order when the time comes. I ordered the Applewood for me The menthol for hubby. I wanted to try the cherry tobacco but they were out, also the RY4 blend but that too was out of stock.

I have final question and then I think I'll be question free for a while.....
My carto's are coming prefilled so when I'm done with a carto and I want to refill with Applewood is the Applewood going to taste like the previous flavor that was in the carto? Am I suppose to clean the carto before I put a new flavor in it. Maybe it will be a combo flavor for the first hit or two then be the flavor of Applewood? I think I'm a bite confused on that.

Thank you everyone soooooo very much for all the tips, help, input and countless hours of reading from this forum! I can't wait for my kit to get here...will be stalking the mailman starting tomorrow!!! :laugh:

I've also just ordered from Gourmet Vapor after all....RY4...Stafford #1....Vape...and I can't remember the last one but it has menthol, VA tobacco and two other ingredients! Menthol for hubby! And a pack of empty carto's. I've read that BWB usually is better if it's been steeping...once I figured out what steeping was! lol...I'm getting there!:laugh: So that should keep hubby, my mom and myself supplied for about a week or so. Bet you after a week or so my mom and hubby are up on this forum and all the vaping websites buying their brains out! LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread