By Leo : Attys, mods, Drip-tips, tanks [CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
Yes hacking attacks on small abd medium sized businesses are not so rare. When I had a furniture business got hit twice. Mine was a little different, was some politcal message about Israel with a skull and cross bones as image. Quite intimidating but harmless all tge same. I think they hit wrong target too because I have no affiliation to Israel or Palestine.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
No idea about sources in the US for the for the same ones. Stormy's vapor cellar sells similar ones though, and declares them as Kanthal (the ones from FT are NiCr). I think about trying some from stormy's as well, because I prefer my ohms a bit higher.
Stormy's has both Kanthal and Nichrome. The nichrome pre-zapped ones are black in the middle.

Reactions: tmcase

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
No idea about sources in the US for the for the same ones. Stormy's vapor cellar sells similar ones though, and declares them as Kanthal (the ones from FT are NiCr). I think about trying some from stormy's as well, because I prefer my ohms a bit higher.

I've been buying those from Stormy's and those are the ones I have so much trouble seating and removing the cup without breaking it. The ones from FT went in a lot easier but I haven't yet tried to remove the cup. I'm thinking that Stormy's NR wire is thicker than FT's. :(

Reactions: qorax

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I've been buying those from Stormy's and those are the ones I have so much trouble seating and removing the cup without breaking it. The ones from FT went in a lot easier but I haven't yet tried to remove the cup. I'm thinking that Stormy's NR wire is thicker than FT's. :(

If they go in easily, they should come out easily :D. Stick with this more optimistic view of things.

The 1,7 Ohm FT wires are specified as 0,2 mm=32 AWG, the same as the Kanthal A1 and Ni200 wires I use when I make the wire myself :rolleyes:.
I think this is the upper level of what can be inserted without unavoidably ruining the cup.

I mean I ruin them sometimes avoidably too :p - but such is life.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I did it! :banana:

I've sold some stuff in the classys and bought the Dripper Spiral + beck to go on this (which I found on the classys)

Woodville1.jpg

Right now I'm using the Sofia in the REO but I wanted something shorter. With the Beck on the Dripper, I'm not sure it will be shorter but the Dripper should be sturdier. I'm not very patient so I want them now! :facepalm:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
THE Dripper is 36mm tall and with the Beck adapter is 44mm. In ΣΟΦΙΑ terms, THE Dripper is about the same as the short ΣΟΦΙΑ and with the Beck is about the same as the normal ΣΟΦΙΑ. :)

Well it may not be any shorter than the Sophia but it's wider so it should be sturdier and look better in the REO and frees up my Sophia so I can put it back in a tank. :)

Reactions: Billie-cig

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
I did it! :banana:

Right now I'm using the Sofia in the REO but I wanted something shorter. With the Beck on the Dripper, I'm not sure it will be shorter but the Dripper should be sturdier. I'm not very patient so I want them now! :facepalm:

The lady whose Reo mini/Dripper combination you see here:

Reo and The Dripper

has, in the meantime, not only this one Reo+Dripper combination but two of them and she loves them.

I would ignore the drip tip on the pic :p - then you get the proper impression of the proportions. Looks good!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The lady whose Reo mini/Dripper combination you see here:

Reo and The Dripper

has, in the meantime, not only this one Reo+Dripper combination but two of them and she loves them.

I would ignore the drip tip on the pic :p - then you get the proper impression of the proportions. Looks good!

Yeah, that looks nice, better than the Sophia on it. Thanks for the pic. :)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Yeah, that looks nice, better than the Sophia on it. Thanks for the pic. :)

If you still have any drip shields from a previous life the you can get the Sophia looking good, or even a solid tank. Just for the balance look. :p

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If you still have any drip shields for a previous life the you can get the Sophia looking good, or even a solid tank. Just for the balance look. :p

Great idea and I just happen to have an antique drip shield (gold) that looks pretty good on the Woodville and I like that it protects my Sophia. It gets pretty hot to the touch too when not surrounded by ejuice and the drip shield protects my fingers. Thank you. :)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Was it a REO?

Yes it was. A mini. I would forget to squonk and then I would overcompensate and tip the excess all over my mod. Not pretty. Plus I love my tanks so I was only halfhearted. I also realised that I was a regulated vaper. Even my bod mecha's are kicked. I just don't want to deal with battery levels.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Yes it was. A mini. I would forget to squonk and then I would overcompensate and tip the excess all over my mod. Not pretty. Plus I love my tanks so I was only halfhearted. I also realised that I was a regulated vaper. Even my bod mecha's are kicked. I just don't want to deal with battery levels.

I'm with you on regulated mods. That's mostly what I have but I've had woodvilles before and loved them, partly because they are wood. So beautiful and I love wood. :evil:

Reactions: Krisma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread