Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I just tried that vertical build and I had a problem with the rayon just loosing all structure and I just ended up with a ball of lint. How do you keep control of such small fibres. :(

It kinda worked but it was ugly.
1. Start from one side. Wick slot side
2. If some shreds drop off, don't worry, work with what you have already inserted - and later add those shreds
3. The moment first layer has been pushed / poked in - prime the wicks (slightly)
4. Then continue with the rest of the rayon / cotton
:)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
1. Start from one side. Wick slot side
2. If some shreds drop off, don't worry, work with what you have already inserted - and later add those shreds
3. The moment first layer has been pushed / poked in - prime the wicks (slightly)
4. Then continue with the rest of the rayon / cotton
:)

I actually have a nice coil going. Even ugly it's working and wicking well. So I will give it some time and see what happens. I suppose practice makes perfect.

Something else, thanks for reminding me about the adjustment of the airflow via the bottom. I had let that slip

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Billie I think my pkg has been lost. Tracking says it left NY on the 19. It doesn't take 4 days to get to Indiana.

2015-06-19 20:44

GARDEN CITY, NY 11599, Departed USPS Facility, Your item departed our USPS facility in GARDEN CITY, NY 11599 on June 19, 2015 at 8:44 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2015-06-19 16:06
GARDEN CITY, NY 11599, Arrived at USPS Facility

Would you please check on this if you can? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually it's been 5 days. Mail still moves on Sunday.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie I think my pkg has been lost. Tracking says it left NY on the 19. It doesn't take 4 days to get to Indiana.

2015-06-19 20:44

GARDEN CITY, NY 11599, Departed USPS Facility, Your item departed our USPS facility in GARDEN CITY, NY 11599 on June 19, 2015 at 8:44 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2015-06-19 16:06
GARDEN CITY, NY 11599, Arrived at USPS Facility

Would you please check on this if you can? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually it's been 5 days. Mail still moves on Sunday.
I will start an investigation from here, but if you can communicate in any way with them it will be much faster. It takes about a month to get an answer for the invastigation and I believe by then it will be delivered to you. If it left for a wrong destination, it will be noticed when it gets scanned again.
I will start the investigation nevertheless. :)
Please let me know if they lost it and I will send another one

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I will start an investigation from here, but if you can communicate in any way with them it will be much faster. It takes about a month to get an answer for the invastigation and I believe by then it will be delivered to you. If it left for a wrong destination, it will be noticed when it gets scanned again.
I will start the investigation nevertheless. :)
Please let me know if they lost it and I will send another one

If it's going to take a month for you to get an answer than don't bother. I only asked you because I thought the sender had to check on lost packages. Know USPS they are probably taking the Polar route and it will show up eventually. This always happens with something I'm really looking forward to and it's happen so many times. :-x

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
The check with ELTA is done at a moment's notice,because I go there with the receipt of the specific package and an ID. But to communicate with USPS, we have to send a request through ELTA, because they can't be sure if I really am the sender so they don't give up any information.
If it doesn't show up in a few days, let me know:)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The check with ELTA is done at a moment's notice,because I go there with the receipt of the specific package and an ID. But to communicate with USPS, we have to send a request through ELTA, because they can't be sure if I really am the sender so they don't give up any information.
If it doesn't show up in a few days, let me know:)

Thanks for offering to investigate but it sounds like too much of a hassle for you. I'll give them a couple more days and then I'll go to my local PO but I don't expect much from them. I'll let you know when and if it shows up.

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks for offering to investigate but it sounds like too much of a hassle for you. I'll give them a couple more days and then I'll go to my local PO but I don't expect much from them. I'll let you know when and if it shows up.
It is almost certain it will show up. It is extremely rare for a package to get lost, but not so rare for it to have some information "gaps" during its travel, with regular mail :)

Reactions: Krisma

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I actually have a nice coil going. Even ugly it's working and wicking well. So I will give it some time and see what happens. I suppose practice makes perfect.

Something else, thanks for reminding me about the adjustment of the airflow via the bottom. I had let that slip

Rule number 2 with this build make sure you close the Sophia at night. She had a bit of a dummy spit last night. Oops

Reactions: qorax

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Besides closing, I also give my Sofia a night cap.
She does not really need it, but it is good for arachnophobics like me (a spider! a spider!).

Oh, I wish Leo would make a Calix in small. A Tinix ... not a shortix , I'd prefer a slimix :hubba:

I agree

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Imo, he did more harm to this splendid RTA than [any]good :(

It's hard for me to watch Grimm and not yell at the video when he says things that are wrong or does stupid stuff - that's why I can't watch him anymore. I'm vaping on my Calix right now taking very satisfying lung inhales (and I never use the drip tip AFC feature).

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Someone got jealous and made a vertical coil in the Apollo, Q :D
cutmypic.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread