Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I believe brass is used for conductivity reasons...but I could be wrong!

Wouldn’t be the first time!
I’m sure it is but I will not vape off of anything brass. I am so sensitive to it. I ripped a brass 510 and squonk nipple out of my sunbox e7 and replaced it with ss. My coils stopped rusting and tasting metallic after switching to ss.

The brass being in contact with my e liquid was even turning my cotton bright red; i confirmed this when testing my same diy liquid and rayon wicking on the same atty but on a different mod and it did not happen again. Anything brass is a no no for me and many others who are sensitive to it. I wouldn’t trust anything brass personally but everyone is different and has their own opinion.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I’m sure it is but I will not vape off of anything brass. I am so sensitive to it. I ripped a brass 510 and squonk nipple out of my sunbox e7 and replaced it with ss. My coils stopped rusting and tasting metallic after switching to ss.

The brass being in contact with my e liquid was even turning my cotton bright red; i confirmed this when testing my same diy liquid and rayon wicking on the same atty but on a different mod and it did not happen again. Anything brass is a no no for me and many others who are sensitive to it. I wouldn’t trust anything brass personally but everyone is different and has their own opinion.

Oh I see what you’re saying!

Well, from how the ByLeo kit works on the Rev3, the brass nut is just a pass-through for the upper section of the Sophia chimney.

It doesn’t make contact in any way that would lead to the spoiling of wicks/coils.

I think my earlier guess of conductivity is incorrect.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Oh I see what you’re saying!

Well, from how the ByLeo kit works on the Rev3, the brass nut is just a pass-through for the upper section of the Sophia chimney.

It doesn’t make contact in any way that would lead to the spoiling of wicks/coils.

I think my earlier guess of conductivity is incorrect.
You are correct. It is made from brass for better conductivity and of course it does not touch the liquid. We don't let the liquid touch anything but SS304L (not even SS316 or SS303), glass and Ultem/ Plexi :)

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
You are correct. It is made from brass for better conductivity and of course it does not touch the liquid. We don't let the liquid touch anything but SS304L (not even SS316 or SS303), glass and Ultem/ Plexi :)
Good to know!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
The Calix v5 (the last version) is in the works. Stay tuned :)

ff59ac6758c18208d3ded50570bb5827.gif

24684c2f51a8e0e76b4b9bdc12c41073.gif

588e055b3ea031e7e129ef531b5b59da.gif

52e9bd4ec6f430002cae95bd004d42db.gif

97efff2910a6083c06f8aeac9c208a89.gif

I...HAVE...NO WORDS.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Don’t cry Billie!

Good things take time!

And ByLeo innovation is a GREAT thing!!!

Hey Billie!

Just checking in for an update!

Still drooling over the announcement post...

Vaping on a v1 all day today!

Still as good as ever!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey Billie!

While we eagerly await the newest member of the Calix legacy...is it still possible to purchase older models?

I’ve come to realize just how much I love my Calix v3...

And I’ve also realized that it needs a mate.

Any hope of a last v3, or even just a base, rolling around the stock room somewhere?

Or...anyone reading this, maybe you’ve got one gathering dust? And maybe it will find its was to the Classifieds...?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey Billie!

While we eagerly await the newest member of the Calix legacy...is it still possible to purchase older models?

Any hope of a last v3, or even just a base, rolling around the stock room somewhere?

Or...anyone reading this, maybe you’ve got one gathering dust? And maybe it will find its was to the Classifieds...?
My V3 has been in constant use since it arrived.
There's not a speck of dust on my tough, reliable, trusty #0258. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

@HBcorpse best of luck!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers
I

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hey Billie!

I'll send you a PM and see what we can come up with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread