CA Gov to issue MASS VETO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
While I wrote him myself and do want the e-cig bill vetoed, the mass veto is a horrible idea and just another one of his games. There are some good bills in there that can help people of California. Arnold's power trips only hurt the people of this state. Like last year when he put every government employee on Federal minimum wage to "punish" the legislature. How exactly did that punish them? The workers on the other hand couldn't afford their rent or feed their families.

I do hope he individually vetos SB 400 but not this way. Yes, the water thing is very important but work on that next.

Kmel

Aug 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Fuller history of the bill is here: Assembly Bill List. Interestingly, it was the Assembly that changed the purpose from 'prevent ecig sales to minors' to 'prohibit ecig sales', between August 24 and September 2.

j
That's because Ellen Corbett had two bills, SJR 8, a complete ban on e cigs, and SB400, basically a tobacco bill that put e cigs in with tobacco, prohibiting their use by kids under 18. When the bill was revised a few days before the vote, they simply rolled the elements of SJR 8 into SB400.

Kmel

Aug 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Vote in Assembly was 50ayes, 29 nays SB 400 Senate Bill - Vote Information.

Fuller history of the bill is here: Assembly Bill List. Interestingly, it was the Assembly that changed the purpose from 'prevent ecig sales to minors' to 'prohibit ecig sales', between August 24 and September 2.

j
And by the way, I now realize that SJR 8 was passed in both the House and the Senate before SB400 ever hit the floor. SJR 8 was a joint resolution of both the Senate & Assembly banning e cigs until the FDA approves them.

So this political game was lost in the House & Senate before we ever even started organizing. Arnie really is out last hope on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread