"Cake Batter" vs. Yellow Cake Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I have a friend who is a little picky about what flavors they like to vape (fair enough, I live in America after all) and they are wanting me to make them a "cake batter" flavor like one they get from a local vendor (who will not sell me their flavoring or tell me who it is from...which is fair enough) . So my question is.... are there any "cake batter" junkies out there who can tell me where they get a killer cake batter type flavor from OR if yellow cake should be the right thing and the local supplier just gave it a "fancy name".

Thank you! You all are so helpful and willing to help me with my frustrations LOL

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I haven't tried it but, I would think both would be close, but yellow would be a bit creamier and, have butter. In baking cake unless specified would be a white cake so, done with oil and egg whites only, yellow cake would have whole eggs and butter in it. Other than that both have sugar and vanilla flavors as well as flour and leavening and, of course a hint of salt that you don't taste, but that enhances the rest.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Yeah, I can see where that would make sense.... should have asked them if they thought it was a yellow or white cake batter haha..... I am sure that the yellow cake will work fine...... I am going to go with Flavor West's yellow cake and then give an update so probably in a week I should know if its the "yummy" or not haha

Beer before Liquor, never been sicker.
Liquor before Beer, you're in the clear.
Beer AND Liquor, get drunker quicker!

Jo Patterson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Yellow Cake Batter BY:Skwerl on ECF http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/59517-yellow-cake-batter.

Yellow Cake Batter
This is for all the people [like me] who like to lick the cake batter off the beaters. Tastes just like Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Golden batter, in a nice 3ml batch so as not to waste anything.

60 drops Unflavored e-liquid in desired strength
5 drops Cappela’s Vanilla Custard
3 drops Cappela’s Caramel

Another version here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/100652-french-silk-cake-batter.html

cake batter e-liquid
Sold here Vanilla Cake Batter E-Liquid
and here Cake Batter e Liquid - New Orleans USA Hand Made e-juice & e liquid New Orleans Electronic Cigarettes & eJuice

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Just an FYI that DuanNeveu posted a review of the FW yellow cake in the FW thread that didn't make it sound very tasty. I've also never seen it get any love in the Mt Baker thread.

Cake (Yellow) | 7% | 1/5 | This flavour has me believing that my perception of Yellow Cake is erroneous, and it must be some kind of American treat I've never eaten. The yellow cake I know from childhood tasted nothing like this! This tastes like some horrible confection flavoured with cinnamon candy. Some may love it, but it'll likely just collect dust in my pantry.

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Just an FYI that DuanNeveu posted a review of the FW yellow cake in the FW thread that didn't make it sound very tasty. I've also never seen it get any love in the Mt Baker thread.

I did go look through the Flavor West thread and saw that review right at the begining of the thread and you are right that he said it wasn't very good. ALTHOUGH, later in the thread I found a couple different people who said they really liked it so I am going to have to see if DuanNeveu posted where he got the flavors as I tend to purchase straight from Flavor West so I have very little fear of dilution or product "inconsistency".

Thank you for telling me though, it gave me the "push" I needed to go through that whole thread and absorb all the information I could from it LOL

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
Got the flavor, speed steeped it in my ultrasonic cleaner. At 15% I thought it tasted quite cake..y? I thought it was pretty good myself

The friend it was for says its not quite there though (not bad tasting, just not what they had before from their old supplier) so we mixed it at 17% and we all couldnt stop from drooling. Very good, like licking the beaters :)

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread