caliburn g device spoilt by dud coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdpancake

Aug 4, 2021
I have a cali G device that i have used for almost 1 year. Recently, i bought a new pack of 1.0ohm coils. When i put it in and tried firing, it seems to brick the whole device. Thereafter, whenever i press the fire button ,it flashes 3 times in red color and when i try to fire using the mouthpiece, it will flash red green blue. So i actually tried using back other coils that was working before that, now it shows the same colors error as the coil that seemingly spoilt it

Initially I thought it was my device dying, so i ordered a new cali g. Everything was working fine, so i tried using that coil again, end up it spoil my new device again. The same issue as above.

Is there even such possibility that a dud coil will spoil my caliburn g device?

Reactions: Superuser187

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
The Uwell Caliburn G claims to have short circuit protection. I believe there may have been a release of bad coils. When my device stopped working I tried a new coil but it still didn't work so I tossed it in a drawer. Months later I found a coil and decided to try the G again with the new coil - after charging it's working now.

The G was supposed to be an improvement over the original Caliburn - it isn't! I have two original Caliburn devices that are still working. I would buy more if they were still available. Their flavor is still the best.

• Informative
Reactions: Superuser187

jdpancake

Aug 4, 2021
ya,issue is the dud coil spoilt my device already so a working coil wont help. It can charge and on and off but just wont fire anymore. Because if flash blue 3 times means there might be juice in pod but mine is flashing red 3 times. red means short circuit protection activated for dont know what reasons.

by the way, do u charge ur caliburn g using PC or do u charge using adapter?

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Did you make sure when you install the coil to line up the flat side?
It has type "C" USB... did you use the supplied charging cord? I never charge anything with a computer port (but not sure that matters) Have you checked to see if e-liquid got into the pod mount or USB port? I'm just throwing out anything I can think of.

jdpancake

Aug 4, 2021
both device is still chargeable. yes.

That's why i narrowed down to a dud 1.0 ohm coil. plus i switch coil when both charging was off and during firing as well.

So basically,if i ever buy a 3rd caliburn g device and i use that dud coil, literally immediately when i press the firing button or fire through mouthpiece, the device will be bricked immediately.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I re-read your post... sorry if I assumed you didn't install/use coil correctly. Sounds like a short (you mentioned that) Something else is going on (not sure what) I wish I could help, but feel we are missing something. This doesn't seem to be a common issue (with the cali g) I have had (years ago) bad coils that were shorted (cheap clones of an EVOD... never liked that thing anyway) I also had a few bad coils that I got off e-bay) other than that, just an occasional dud (but very rarely) Hope you get his sorted out.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
FYI....I have been vaping 11 years and have never had the problems with a pv that I have had with the Caliburn G.....I have gone through 3 of them in a month. Yes....I got one, loved it so well, I ordered 2 more. My mistake. They have all quit working....I had leaking problems galore and suspect juice got into the battery, but have no way of knowing. One flashes green but no draw, one flashes red but no draw, and one just quit flashing anything. I sent Uwell an email, but got no response. I changed the name from Uwell to Usuck.

And I tried everything....changing the coils, wiping off the connecting posts, using a different charging block. I had been charging at my computer so I changed that......none of these things made a difference. I think there is a big problem with the device. I still have two of the original Caliburns, never had a problem, so will go back to those. I will never buy another thing from Uwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread