Calipitter Chow Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
Received some Calipitter Chow Concentrate from M+P's direct yesterday - Thanks Scuba :angel: - (with a couple extra fa a future competition ;) ) - and mixed some up today. Couldn't resist trying it - and not bad straight off. Looking forward to it in a week or so - Luckily will be away fa a week to make sure that steepage happens LoL

Also did a 10ml mix of: CC + Praze, CC + PF5L and CC + Praze + PF5L - just fa Kicks n Giggles :headbang:

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hey just passing thru Bearfoot. How are ya?
barefoot+running.gif
:laugh:

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
:blink:

Wow. No graham, chicken or biscuit flavouring in it :?:

It does evolve with steeping--but with that start I'd hope you don't end up with bacon and mozarella ;)

Yes. Has had only a day of steeping. It's definitely sweet and savory. And just like Barefoot stated in his video, sometimes a puff will be more one or the other. I was excited to try it and forgot the steeping instructions from the website. It will be interesting to taste the transformation.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
Having been away an ickle longer than planned the bonus is that the DIY CC had longer to steep (a full 2 weeks fa a change) :p

Mixed at 15% - so 70ish ml to a bottle - and not bad. Maybe not quite as pronounced as the premixed but think i slightly prefer it this way.

Still have me mixes with CC + Praze and CC + PF5L to try yet too :D

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
The Calipitter Chow I have loaded in a M&P Submarine is starting to change color, darkening a bit. The data from my olfactory and taste nerves are telling me hint of marshmallow. The Chicken in a Biskit has faded quite a bit. What I thought was graham cracker now seems like... pie crust, maybe. There's also a.....like a butterscotch or caramel hard candy note buried deep in the taste.
I didn't mind the taste right out of the box, but I can tell after about 5 days the taste is headed somewhere good. :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
The Calipitter Chow I have loaded in a M&P Submarine is starting to change color, darkening a bit. The data from my olfactory and taste nerves are telling me hint of marshmallow. The Chicken in a Biskit has faded quite a bit. What I thought was graham cracker now seems like... pie crust, maybe. There's also a.....like a butterscotch or caramel hard candy note buried deep in the taste.
I didn't mind the taste right out of the box, but I can tell after about 5 days the taste is headed somewhere good. :)

The Calipitter Chow does darken a bit with maturity, but it also seems to be fairly colour-sensitive as far as temperature goes. The steeping-induced darkening seems to go hand-in-hand with the evolution of the flavour, but the temperature-based colour change seems to be purely cosmetic (in my experience). I can usually tell when the steeping process is finished based on the colour of the juice, on the other hand... If I'm running a relatively large tank and pulling long enough draws on a genesis wick that the steel mesh heats up regularly, sometimes the CC will be close to black by the time the tank runs out even though there won't be a noticeable change in the taste. Deliberately limiting myself to short draws and avoiding heating the juice will have the juice the same hue at the end of the tank as it was when filled.

Hmmm...that doesn't really add to the conversation after all. Oh well, enjoy your CC, and I hope it continues to evolve in the right direction for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread