The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Call to action for all minnesotan's!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Super T Manufacturing' started by atavanhalen, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. Freckle

Freckle Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Mississippi
    Just coming here to post it!

3. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    WOW, 95% , now is this on items sold in stores that sell products in the state? Seems like this is going to hurt those with the local B&M shops. I guess if you mail order that will be the only to avoid it. That's terrible.

4. Cjax

Cjax Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    RVa USA
    I would think if you are a resident of Minnesota you would still have to pay the tax even if it was ordered from somewhere else. Only way to avoid the tax is have someone else order it from another state and ship it to you. Either way, that's gonna hurt if it passes.

5. Broodwich

Broodwich Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2013
    Charleston, SC
    I know it sounds bad, but I would recommend starting a petition b/c many people won't want to take the time to write/call. I could be wrong though and maybe I'm just the lazy one lol.

6. Freckle

Freckle Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Mississippi
    It is always good when you write out your first letter, to always keep it and just make modifications to it. Okay maybe that is me being lazy! haha

7. jamesd1628

jamesd1628 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Chattanooga/Ringgold
  8. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    CO
    What makes me ill is that even the ones that aren't greedy think they're doing humanity a favor by making such evilness cost prohibitive. Stupid .......s.

9. jamesd1628

jamesd1628 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2010
    Chattanooga/Ringgold
    Greedy AND stupid is a very dangerous combination.

10. rcbell.N51

rcbell.N51 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    Going to need to start producing a light bulb with a 510 connection soon David. I'd really like to be able to place an order for that Precise ELA Flashlight at a reasonable price.

11. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    CO
    I'm not sure what they propose to tax. If you read the description, it seems like they're already taxing *something* at 75%, it must be a tax on those premades and disposables you find at retail shops. I don't know how/if they propose to tax Internet, and I doubt they even comprehend that what Super-T sells contains no nicotine.

12. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    Yea, I was half joking and totally agree with you snork. I don't see how they'd be able to tax anything without nicotine. I would think they'd have to add the same tax to pretty much any kind of battery operated "tool" otherwise. Time to figure out that eggplant nic extraction process and buy 0mg liquids.

13. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

but most are greedy :)

14. rcbell.N51

Oct 6, 2012
    Minnesota
    I really hope my bad jokes and thoughts on the matter haven't convinced people that we don't need to take action on this issue. We really do need to contact our representatives and make sure they don't pass legislation on matters they clearly don't understand. What they are proposing is obviously not very workable coming from our more knowledgeable perspective, but that's never stopped silly legislation before. Particularly if no one speaks up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.