CALL TO ACTION! *UPDATED 5/22/13* New York Bill to Impose 95% Tax on E-Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco -- A.B. 7106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
The best thing a New York citizen can do (after sending an e-mail) is ask for a meeting with their own representative, and then perhaps bring a petition with some signatures from people who live in your district to that meeting.

Another thing to consider: Go through the list of legislators and look at the cities these members represent. Is it a nearby district? Do you know any vapers there? Is there a vape store in or around that district? If so, get the vendor involved.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
It is getting ridiculous in NY.. People need to stand up to this tyrant. I can't stand it anymore. I used to like flavored smokless tobacco and I can't get it here anymore. NY is the most liberal yet nazi place in the world. It runs by being politically correct and liberal but they want to tell you exactly what to do like the freaking gestapo. I am totally sick of it, If all the pieces of .... politicians were all assassinated I would cheer.

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
This Bill has been left in Committee. It has not passed there and will not go before the full NYS Assembly for a vote in this session. My local Assembly Member, and good friend, though not on the Health Committee has been informed of this Bill and will work to prevent it from including e-cigarette products.

Im also reaching out to several other Assembly Members whom I know to ask them to either block this Bill in its current form, or Amend it to remove the electronic cigarette products, or just bury it in the Committee to never be heard from again in its current form.

Edit: If it happens to pass in the Assembly, it still has to go before the NYS Senate. There are a few Senators I know whom I can ask to bury this Bill as well, but we still need to put pressure on the Sponsoring Members of the Assembly, and any Co-Sponsors they may pick up within the Senate to put a stop to this.

Last edited:

Natey

Moved On
May 26, 2013
Email sent, this is crazy, its our lives, let us live them, I'm sick of giving away all our money to tax this, tax that, ban this ban that. But smoke cancer sticks and die, process of elimination... Whats next a tax for taking a whizz... Im sorry i know im venting and ranting, but lets get real, Vaping is saving lives, leave us Alone...... Please????? :evil:

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
To those who asked if they would know whether the email came from out of state.

There is a very easy way to tell where the e-mail came from. Every e-mail that gets sent out records the IP address that it gets sent from. That IP address, in most people's cases, will be mapped to your Internet Service Provider, which is usually close by to where you live.

Now, will they check IP addresses of your e-mail, I don't know ... The only reason why I mention it is because if they do, lying about where you live may not be the best idea ... Perhaps the email message should say something along the lines of: "I don't live in NY, but I am writing this e-mail because ... "

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Legislative session has ended :)

While its extremely likely this or another similar bill will come back up again down the road so its important to continue to speak to your legislators about ecigs and what they are and what they are NOT so these people are informed, for the moment we here in NYS can breath a sigh of relief again :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread