• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Calling all Carto users..... I'm ready to start and looking for hot tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I've heard many longtime clearo users say that when they finally tried a real carto that it was MUCH more flavorful. And w/o all the clearo hassles.

I've been using these-
Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
They hold Very tightly, and are easily cleaned. I put a 14GA. plastic needle cap on my 30ml. juice bottle, and open the sidescrew, and squirt it full quickly- and I'm done for the day.

With the grommets, you can use an inexpensive small carto in the big 6ml tank, making it very compact.

TBH I think part of that is that some people use juices higher in PG and some like me use high vg juices.

IMO there isnt much of a difference between a ViVi Nova and a carto tank with high pg juices * I still think the carto tnk provides more flavor, just marginally so in this instance.

Ive noticed a DRASTIC difference in taste between a clearomizer (which a ViVi Nova essentially is with the added convenience of a tube tank) and a carto tank with high vg juices and I think thats due to wicking.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Okay, don't everybody go buy them at once, because the last time I tried to order more, Canvape was out of stock, but...

I got a pack of these Smoktech 1.7or 2.7ohm Single Coil Cartomizers (5 Pack Stainless) for myself a couple of weeks ago on November 26th, at the same time that I got my Dad's starter kit. I wanted a fistfull of cartos that I could fill with different juices for some variety while at work without having to explain the big honkin' "thing" on the top of my mod (a cartomizer tank, of course).

When they arrived the next day, I filled 'em up and started sampling. By the time I visited my parents four days later, I'd been vaping the one filled with "Banana Bonanza" from the 30ml bottle I got from Canada E-Juice quite regularly. I let my Dad try the one I'd filled with RY4 when I introduced him to his gear (and he loved it, so I let him keep it), and get this...

I'm still using the same carto that I just keep refilling, and refilling, and refilling, and refilling...well, you get the picture. Oh, and that banana juice in it is absolutely delicious (and I've probably got one more fill from that 30ml bottle left) and better than it tasted in either of the bridgeless attys I tried it in. The RY4 carto that I left with my Dad has succeeded in turning a 40-year smoker into a vaper.

I'll probably get another 4 or 5 more packs with my next order (unless you folks clean out their stock), mostly because I expect to introduce more people to vaping, and these are the cartos I'll be using to do it.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
By the way, I've got a couple of the F16 Tanks as well that I use pretty regularly.

If you fill it unattached, how do you tighten it to the battery when full and assembled? Wouldn't the carto just spin in the tank and not tighten down properly?

I'm just using the plain delrin tip that came with, but those are pretty handsome tips you pointed out

BEWARE: Those F16 Boge Cartos won't easily fit just any drip tip, especially one with a rounded and slightly more bulbous o-ring than the included tip. Some of my other drip tips won't snap in without forcing them A LOT, and that's not good for the drip tip, or the battery post on your device.

To secure the tank to your device, just twist it on by the tank just until the tank starts to spin freely around the cartomizer. Then, for some added peace of mind if you like, give it another quarter twist by the drip tip to snug it down a little.

Last edited:

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Personally, I found the F16 to be a great tank. Yea, the F16 cartos are a hair smaller ID (.25-.5mm), found most of my tips don't fit properly. The good news is if you have a tip that tends to be loose, like CherryVapes tend to be, they fit nicely. With higher VG juice you may have to "prime" them occasionally, just draw on them without firing the battery once or twice till a bubble exits the hole. You may want to thin it a little with pga/distilled water if they're causing a lot of trouble. As duane said, just turn it by the tank, you don't want to over-tighten, just enough to fire and not wobble.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
It's a 1.6 ohm, single coil, dual punched. I found it online at a price I couldn't refuse trying one at ;)because I think I'm going to like this.

I've been using the F-16 for the past couple of months. It's been pretty good.

The F-16 is available with 2 different resistance - LR & SR. The LR is 1.8ohm to 2.0ohm. Ego knock-off batts are generally 3.7v(4v after charging).

Boge also offer pre-punched XXL carto's without the flange. Not sure if there is any difference with taste/volume etc.

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I'm pretty settled on using the M&P sidefill tanks- do you guys think that the F16 carto would not seal well in another tank?

As a matter of fact, I'm using the F16 Cartos right now in my SmokTech U-DCT 6ML Tank. I absolutely love these tanks, but have absolutely hated the "No-Filler" cartos that they make use of.

SmokTech-U-DCT-6ML-Tank.jpg

The flanged bottom on the Boge F16's fit quite perfectly, although they do protrude from the top of the tank slightly, whereas the intended no-filler cartos sit nice and flush. Regardless of the size difference (smaller diameter), no leaks whatsoever.

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
how are the no filler catoz?

I tried the "no-filler" carto that came in my SmokTech U-DCT 6ML Tank, and was hugely disappointed. It ends up working better as a dripping atty, totally negating it's use in a tank because its "wicking" action is virtually non-existent. It was a festival of dry acrid hits, one after another.

In fairness, I haven't tried it again with one of the five back-up no-filler cartos that I bought at the same time, but that's because I'm a little wary of them now...and I still feel it in my chest when it rains.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
But how about those F16's...WOOHOO! :w00t:

(Just didn't want to become guilty of being a thread hi-jacker)

Don't worry about it! I'm glad you said so, as I've been very curious about the fillerless cartos also. Although, now that I see I'm not minding the normal ones, it's less of an issue.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
cartos are cartos are cartos, and the same can be said for the tanks that enclose them....

I hate cartos, but if i had to use them, i stick with the horizontal coils.
The coil is below the filler, and almost works like a gravity feed.
the regular cartos have the coil in the middle of the filler, and taste burnt after 2-3 days, due to, well... burning.
then off into the bin they go.
This carto tank phase hasted about a month for me...

i used to keep a 5 pack handy for my bottom feeder, when my RBA didn't want to cooperate.

if your using a carto with a tank, you really dont have to worry about topping up the carto during the first juice fill, just enough drops to get it all moist is enough. let the tank itself do the rest of the job.
a moist sponge works faster than a dry sponge;)
this way you dont over fill the carto, and it makes it easier to diagnose any problem cartos that flood on their own(for whatever reason).

I was patial to the VIVI's, beacuse back when CE2 MAP Tanks were the craze, i loved them. vivi novas are just a modern iteration of them.
Carto-tanks are convenient, and that is as far as i will go on giving my opinion on them.

Tiger, cartos arent worth cleaning due to the burnt filler, jst swap them out and keep the flavour train goin!

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
cartos are cartos are cartos, and the same can be said for the tanks that enclose them....

I hate cartos, but if i had to use them, i stick with the horizontal coils.
The coil is below the filler, and almost works like a gravity feed.
the regular cartos have the coil in the middle of the filler, and taste burnt after 2-3 days, due to, well... burning.
then off into the bin they go.
This carto tank phase hasted about a month for me...

i used to keep a 5 pack handy for my bottom feeder, when my RBA didn't want to cooperate.

if your using a carto with a tank, you really dont have to worry about topping up the carto during the first juice fill, just enough drops to get it all moist is enough. let the tank itself do the rest of the job.
a moist sponge works faster than a dry sponge;)
this way you dont over fill the carto, and it makes it easier to diagnose any problem cartos that flood on their own(for whatever reason).

I was patial to the VIVI's, beacuse back when CE2 MAP Tanks were the craze, i loved them. vivi novas are just a modern iteration of them.
Carto-tanks are convenient, and that is as far as i will go on giving my opinion on them.

Tiger, cartos arent worth cleaning due to the burnt filler, jst swap them out and keep the flavour train goin!

Thanks BuzzKilla.... can always count on you for good experience and well-put concise info :)

So far, the F16 is going good. It's dependable. Fill it, forget it, pick it up, vape. No muss, no fuss and no leaking or dry hits. Still tastes good day 2. We'll see how long it lasts when I start really getting into the RBAs... got my first Genesis Clone, but not having success with it so far. I realize it's a process though and I have TONS of learning and experience to gain. It was wicked and set-up for me by a veritable pro (darksidevaper) but shipping might have knocked it around a bit, and it's not giving me anything for vape.... might be making hotspots too. I'm just not sure what's going on just yet, but we'll get it figured out ;)

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
do yourself a favour... if you want to keep using cartos, dont take them apart after a few days of use... you'll never want to vape off a carto again. lol

as long as you have a spare PV with some juice flowing, you will be alright with getting the shorts sorted out.
If you have an experienced friend next to ya helping, watch them like a hawk. It's the little overlooked things that fix the gremlins of a genesis style BRA;)

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
Hey buzz how long after that picture was taken were you crucified?

do yourself a favour... if you want to keep using cartos, dont take them apart after a few days of use... you'll never want to vape off a carto again. lol

as long as you have a spare PV with some juice flowing, you will be alright with getting the shorts sorted out.
If you have an experienced friend next to ya helping, watch them like a hawk. It's the little overlooked things that fix the gremlins of a genesis style BRA;)

Finally found a use for my cartos. Needed an insulator for the Zen where the wick goes into the tank. Just take the Dremel cut the connector away from the cartoon. Remove the stuffing. In stuffing is the insulator. It's a sheath of material that provides insulation for the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread