• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Calling all Carto users..... I'm ready to start and looking for hot tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
So the F16 showed up yesterday, and I'm ready to fire it up. Do I just pop the top, fill 'er up, drip (how many drops?) into the carto and let 'er rip?.... Or is there something I should be doing to prep or prime it? Is there primer in the cartos that should be blown out, removed, burned off? I've been a tank girl (haha!) since day one, so this is all new and strange to me.

12.12.10-SV-F16.jpg

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Drip around 20 drops into the carto give or take. Till the filler looks wet. Let it sit for 10 min or so and vape away. Oh and you have to fill the tank. I just insert the filled carto 3/4 of the way into the tank then fill the tank with a needle tip.

Ok thanks! Gonna get this puppy firing.....

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
What's the resistance? I sounded like it had dual coil is that right. I read it on alibaba because didn't see a vendor with it? Lu's know how you like it after a few days!

It's a 1.6 ohm, single coil, dual punched. I found it online at a price I couldn't refuse trying one at ;)

Careful when filling and NEVER do it while connected to the battery...it can be messy. I use a tank-filling drip tip like this and it really helps. A few strong no-fire puffs to start out with usually helps to prime the coil as well.

Oh! I did fill it attached to the battery before I saw this. But I was lucky - not one drop of mess. If you fill it unattached, how do you tighten it to the battery when full and assembled? Wouldn't the carto just spin in the tank and not tighten down properly?

I'm just using the plain delrin tip that came with, but those are pretty handsome tips you pointed out ;)

I let it sit with tank and carto full while we had lunch, took a few "waste puffs" that I just spit out.... then started vaping. I have the exact same juice (MapleLeafVape's Black Cherry Tobacco) in a drip atomizer for comparison. Even without any sort of break-in, I have to admit that I'm pleasantly surprised with the taste. I *do* notice a difference, but in all fairness, it's pretty darn good out of the carto. Better than I expected! It'll be interesting to see if it improves even more with use, but right now, I'm satisfied. And pleasantly surprised. Pretty sharp looking tank too. A little "hissy" when you take a puff (it'd be hard to stealth with), but I don't care. And it's producing nice thick clouds of vapor. $6 (no shipping!) well spent! I'm glad I sprung for extra cartos at the same time, because I think I'm going to like this.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I test my cartos by blowing thru the drip tip until I have liquid come out some. 1.6 is pretty hot, have your voltage down?

I've been looking at these as an option to SMK 1.7, which I Always get dry hits off of.

Have you metered it?? My 2.0's always come in at 2.2.

If you're new to cartos- I find All have a mild start-up taste that goes away in a few puffs.

Last edited:

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2012
    I test my cartos by blowing thru the drip tip until I have liquid come out some. 1.6 is pretty hot, have your voltage down?

I've been looking at these as an option to SMK 1.7, which I Always get dry hits off of.

Have you metered it?? My 2.0's always come in at 2.2.

Well so far I'm very pleased.... and surprised lol. I'm using it on a plain old eGo knock-off right now, so I supposed it's coming in at around 3.3v. No dry hits so far. And I don't yet have a multimeter, so I have no idea how accurate the rating is.

See was it that bad? Glad you finallytried one out.

Yeeeesssss :oops: I really did think it would be like vaping out of a quilt batt, but it's not too bad so far. I'm surprised at how close the flavor actually is to my drip atty. I could happily vape this, and I will :) I'm still curious to try the fillerless cartos, but for now, I'm quite satisfied with what I have here.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've heard many longtime clearo users say that when they finally tried a real carto that it was MUCH more flavorful. And w/o all the clearo hassles.

I've been using these-
    Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
    They hold Very tightly, and are easily cleaned. I put a 14GA. plastic needle cap on my 30ml. juice bottle, and open the sidescrew, and squirt it full quickly- and I'm done for the day.

With the grommets, you can use an inexpensive small carto in the big 6ml tank, making it very compact.

RicZilla

May 9, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I used to love my Boge XXL carto's a bit of a hassle to slot but tasted great. Then the manufacturing went to hell switched to VIVI nova's and taste is about the same as original Boge's. I had 2 of the simmilar DCT tanks and they both cracked after 2-3 months and found the o-rings a bit loose on the carto. I found the Smoketech DCT V2 with the black caps tighter and tougher.

One note before charging your EGO batt's check the 510 connector for juice carto's tend to always be wet on the batt connector give your batts a quick wipe befor plugging them in.

Are those Pre punched I find the pre punched carto's with one hole too small and don't leech juice enough and have less flavour.. I usually enlarge my prepuched holes with my punch tool or add a second hole on the opposite side and that seem to work as good as dremmel slots.

Hope you enjoy them !

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 16, 2012
    A million and one very satisfied filler-carto customers out there!!:)

Can you post a link or info on where you got these at?

Well, I like to support our Canucks, and you can get similar or identical items from many vendors in Canada a *lot* faster (this wasn't quick, I'll admit). Keep in mind too, that this puppy is wider than an eGo batt, and our locals carry narrow ones made for eGo. I don't want to break rules and start listing vendors, not to mention I'd feel bad if I left someone good out, 'cos we have a lot of great vendors in Canada. PM me if you need more help sourcing locally.

That all said, this one came from surevapes[dot]com for $5.99 with free shipping. It took 17 days to get here. I went with it because I wasn't at all sure I'd want to use it more than once, but now I'm a believer lol.

Are those Pre punched I find the pre punched carto's with one hole too small and don't leech juice enough and have less flavour.. I usually enlarge my prepuched holes with my punch tool or add a second hole on the opposite side and that seem to work as good as dremmel slots.

Hope you enjoy them !

These are dual pre-punched and seem to be keeping up with me, though I haven't really chain-vaped on it yet. So far so good! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread