Calling in all Vaporesso Luxe users. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Since my first ever mod kit (Vaporesso Luxe S) is on the way I want to open a dedicated thread to have all info about it. I am a very new to vaping and in process of quitting smoking. So I appreciate your help.

I am use to pod systems only which has no wattage or air flow selection. I never vaped on temperatures above 12 watts. I have few questions: (Many questions may be stupid but I want to get as much information as possible)

1) I ll use freebase 50/50 PG VG (6 mg Nicotine strength) tobacco flavour juice Quatret by Black note. With the stock coils what is the suggested temperature I need to hit the juice to get maximum flavour and nicotine? Its my most important question.

2) Do I need to prime the coils? If yes then what are the things I must avoid while doing it?

3) How often I need to clean the system and what is the best way? And do you clean your tank with tap water or with distilled water and is it ok to dry it with tissue papers?

Please give me any other info about settings and how to make best use of this kit. Thank you.

kashif

May 26, 2019
What strength nic are you using in the pod system now, and how well is it working for you?

I was using 6 mg freebase and don't feel any nicotine at all. After I did a search and members here told me that for pod systems I need a high dosage of nicotine so that is why I bought a regular mod now.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @kashif, the NRG GT CCell coils are quite nice to use. You can also use them in Temperature Control mode as well as the coil itself is SS316L (Stainless Steel).

I use them myself set at 250°C, TCR at 88 and 28 Watts. And this gives a pretty decent vape.

To extend battery life turn down the screen brightness, key light brightness and reduce the screen timeout to the minimum. Turn off smart and auto as well.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Hello @kashif, the NRG GT CCell coils are quite nice to use. You can also use them in Temperature Control mode as well as the coil itself is SS316L (Stainless Steel).

I use them myself set at 250°C, TCR at 88 and 28 Watts. And this gives a pretty decent vape.

To extend battery life turn down the screen brightness, key light brightness and reduce the screen timeout to the minimum. Turn off smart and auto as well.

Thanks dear. But the coils that comes with the luxe kit are QF coils and the tank is Skrr S tank.

Reactions: Diver9543

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
1)With the stock coils what is the suggested temperature I need to hit the juice to get maximum flavour and nicotine?
The recommended wattage setting range is written on each coil. I would innitially choose the lowest setting and eventually work my way up in small increments until the vapor just begins to taste burnt or is too warm, and then back down about 10 or so watts. Wattage setting has no effect on nicotine absorbtion.
  • Power Range
    50-80W

• Best
    65-75W
qf_coil_6.png

2) Do I need to prime the coils? If yes then what are the things I must avoid while doing it?
The wick or cotton needs to be saturated with e-liquid; like a wet slushy drink appearance. Watch the video here; its for a different tank but the principles apply for all coils and tanks.

3) How often I need to clean the system and what is the best way? And do you clean your tank with tap water or with distilled water and is it ok to dry it with tissue papers?
Every review I watched on this mod says it is a fingerprint magnet. I don't see why you would need distilled water. I would use simple tap water and dry with a paper towel.

Last edited:

kashif

May 26, 2019
The recommended wattage setting range is written on each coil. I would innitially choose the lowest setting and eventually work my way up in small increments until the vapor just begins to taste burnt or is too warm, and then back down about 10 or so watts. Wattage setting has no effect on nicotine absorbtion.
  • Power Range
    50-80W

• Best
    65-75W
qf_coil_6.png

The wick or cotton needs to be saturated with e-liquid; like a wet slushy drink appearance. Watch the video here; its for a different tank but the principles apply for all coils and tanks.

Every review I watched on this mod says it is a fingerprint magnet. I don't see why you would need distilled water. I would use simple tap water and dry with a paper towel.

Thanks a lot. This cleared my confusion. I will do exactly as you suggested. Thanks a lot for taking your time to give me links and explanation with pictures .

One question please, as you said that wattage has no effect on nicotine absorption but what I heard that little pod systems like Aurora play or smok infinix etc require high strength nicotine because they run on very low temperature. In order to extract the best possible nicotine from a freebase juice we need a proper mod kit which have high temp settings. Please explain this.

Also I asked about cleaning with distilled water about the tank. Not the mod. Shall I clean the tank from inside and coils etc with tap or distilled water? Just a concern since I will inhale that to my lungs. That's why also asked about wiping the tank from inside with a tissue is ok or not. Please reply. Thanks.

Skrr-S tank can use NRG GT Core coils, no adapter required.

Thanks. Yes I will try the GT coils as well. For now will test how the stock qf coils taste.

Thanks. Sorry not able to find the Coils Compatible section!!!

Reactions: Mordacai

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One question please, as you said that wattage has no effect on nicotine absorption but what I heard that little pod systems like Aurora play or smok infinix etc require high strength nicotine because they run on very low temperature. In order to extract the best possible nicotine from a freebase juice we need a proper mod kit which have high temp settings. Please explain this.
OK, I see what you mean now. I guess temperature plays a role indirectly. Pod systems make very little vapor compared to a high wattage mod setup. Therefore they require high nic or nic salts to be effective.

With 2 - 3 times the volume of vapor in a sub-ohm, high wattage device such high nic is not required to be used. With a typical non-sub ohm vape setup you might use something like 12mg nic concentration, but if you switch over to a sub-ohm setup you'd need to cut that 12mg nic down by half to 6mg.

So it is the quantity or volume of vapor that determines the nic content, I hope that helps.

Also I asked about cleaning with distilled water about the tank. Not the mod. Shall I clean the tank from inside and coils etc with tap or distilled water? Just a concern since I will inhale that to my lungs. That's why also asked about wiping the tank from inside with a tissue is ok or not. Please reply. Thanks.
I typically never clean my tanks, except the drip tip or mouthpiece. A Q-tip with tap water works great. If I decide to change the flavor in a particular tank, I'll take the top off and rinse with tap water. Air dry or use a Q-tip to dry the inside. A little tap water inside the tank harms nothing.

Sorry not able to find the Coils Compatible section!!!

Vaporesso SSKR tank and coils compatibility

SSKR tank coil compatibility

Last edited:

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
Looks like you got most of your questions answered, so I'll just add that you have chosen wisely. The Luxe/Skrr kit is a winner. Fun to use and great flavor and clouds with the GT series coils. The QF coils are not Vaporesso's best yet. They are aware of the muted flavor problem and are working to fix that so I expect better QF coils in the near future. As far as the fingerprint "problem," just rub it on your shirt like you would an apple and that problem is solved. Let us know how you like the kit once you get it and try it for a little bit.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

If you're not feeling satisfied then increase your nic strength. Typically high ohm pod devices vaporise less nic than low ohm cloud making devices. Just see what works for you with the devices you have...there's no real harm if you get it wrong as your body will soon tell you to stop if it's too high strength. If you buy too high strength you can always dilute by adding plain PG/VG.

• Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

kashif

May 26, 2019
OK, I see what you mean now. I guess temperature plays a role indirectly. Pod systems make very little vapor compared to a high wattage mod setup. Therefore they require high nic or nic salts to be effective.

With 2 - 3 times the volume of vapor in a sub-ohm, high wattage device such high nic is not required to be used. With a typical non-sub ohm vape setup you might use something like 12mg nic concentration, but if you switch over to a sub-ohm setup you'd need to cut that 12mg nic down by half to 6mg.

So it is the quantity or volume of vapor that determines the nic content, I hope that helps.

I typically never clean my tanks, except the drip tip or mouthpiece. A Q-tip with tap water works great. If I decide to change the flavor in a particular tank, I'll take the top off and rinse with tap water. Air dry or use a Q-tip to dry the inside. A little tap water inside the tank harms nothing.

Vaporesso SSKR tank and coils compatibility

SSKR tank coil compatibility

Thanks a lot for explaining. This makes sense. Now I understand. I understand it completely. I was about to ask that how to clean if switch juices but you already answered that. I will clean the tank from inside when I need to try new juice.

One more thing please that is it ok if I fill in the tank with very little juice when to try it? Don't want to waste my juice while trying a new one. So the juice I want to try I will pour only a little. Is this ok? Any effect on flavour if the tank is well filled or if less filled?

It's at the top, under the images of the tank in very small writing. Took me a while to find it, I'm definitely not liking their new site design.

Oh dear. This is actually like hidden object game. Lol. Really very very hard to find. Thank you so much for taking your time to put the pic with directions. Thanks you dear.

Looks like you got most of your questions answered, so I'll just add that you have chosen wisely. The Luxe/Skrr kit is a winner. Fun to use and great flavor and clouds with the GT series coils. The QF coils are not Vaporesso's best yet. They are aware of the muted flavor problem and are working to fix that so I expect better QF coils in the near future. As far as the fingerprint "problem," just rub it on your shirt like you would an apple and that problem is solved. Let us know how you like the kit once you get it and try it for a little bit.

Thanks dear. Yeah I ll definitely gonna try the GT coils with this Mod and I am not concerned at all about the fingerprint magnet issue because I love the glossy look and with glossy look there are always fingerprints. I don't understand why people complain so much. When companies make mat finish people complain that they should have put something more premium and when companies make a glossy look people complain it collects fingerprints.

Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

If you're not feeling satisfied then increase your nic strength. Typically high ohm pod devices vaporise less nic than low ohm cloud making devices. Just see what works for you with the devices you have...there's no real harm if you get it wrong as your body will soon tell you to stop if it's too high strength. If you buy too high strength you can always dilute by adding plain PG/VG.

Thanks dear. I will try and experiment as you mentioned. For pod device, high nicotine and for regular mod the normal nicotine strength.

Reactions: Mordacai

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
One more thing please that is it ok if I fill in the tank with very little juice when to try it? Don't want to waste my juice while trying a new one. So the juice I want to try I will pour only a little. Is this ok? Any effect on flavour if the tank is well filled or if less filled?

It's ok to not fill it up full, and ok to only put in 20% full. However the tank's best performance will be when filled about 75- 80 % full. This has to do more with the inner air/fluid pressure inside the tank, but doesn't affect flavor at all. Just make certain to never vape the tank dry because the wick/coil could burn; once the cotton wick burns you'll never be able to remove the burnt taste and will have to start out new with a new coil head after cleaning out the tank.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

kashif

May 26, 2019
It's ok to not fill it up full, and ok to only put in 20% full. However the tank's best performance will be when filled about 75- 80 % full. This has to do more with the inner air/fluid pressure inside the tank, but doesn't affect flavor at all. Just make certain to never vape the tank dry because the wick/coil could burn; once the cotton wick burns you'll never be able to remove the burnt taste and will have to start out new with a new coil head after cleaning out the tank.

Thank you so much. Yes I will prime the coil and will never hit the tank dry. Actually its good that tank is very visible so I will always know when I am running out of juice.

I see on reviews there is a smart option where the tank choose the best possible settings according to the coil installed. What you suggest shall I start with that mode or set the temperature according to the coil manually. Also there are lots of settings with this tank which I think I will never use. I hope the manual tells in detail about thd settings.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I see on reviews there is a smart option where the tank choose the best possible settings according to the coil installed. What you suggest shall I start with that mode or set the temperature according to the coil manually. Also there are lots of settings with this tank which I think I will never use. I hope the manual tells in detail about thd settings.
I think you meant to say the mod chooses the best possible setting for the coil installed. The AI is in the board, not the tank. I honestly don't know what to advise you about that. All I know is what I've seen in review videos. I don't personally mess with TC (temperature control) or other mode functions. I guess I'm old school and use just wattage mode because that's what I am familiar with.

Reactions: stols001

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
Unless you've bought some GT Ccells, your only option at first will be the Power mode. The coils that come with the kit are a mesh and a strip coil, neither of which are compatible with Temp mode. The GT Ccells are the only coils made with Stainless Steel. Initially, I would turn off Smart and Auto modes. You're going to need to prime the coil you start with so you'd have to ignore the smart setting anyway (it would be too high for priming). Set your Watts to around 15W and work up from there. Find the setting you like and enjoy it for a while and then play around with the different settings at your leisure knowing that you can easily get back to where you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread