Calling on US E-Liquid Suppliers: SHOW US YOUR FACILITIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

parisbabe

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Lake Elsinore, CA
RadicalJD No!!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!!
The government doesnt need to have its hand in everything!!!! Once they have stuck it in something it becomes more tainted and expensive!!!

I agree 100% with this post and all your comments. In order for this industry to survive any eventual FDA regulations it will need companies to step up and have actual clean room operations.

I too have been scouring the net for lab videos and the only one missing from this thread is the JC lab video.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pFQsIjFAe8
No!!!!! NO!!!!! NO!!!!
The government doesnt need to have its hand in everything!!!! Once they have stuck it in something it becomes more tainted and expensive!!!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Official ECF Zombie Thread.

Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_RE_mega_zombie_forum-s300x371-97014.jpg

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Please don't take this the wrong way, but both sides of this arguement has valid points. FOR OPEN DISCLOSURE: We enhale things made by these manufactures, so we do have a right to know how the ejuice is handled. Plus; face it, sooner or later the FDA is going to regulate and inspect the process sooner or later, so the manufacturers should invest in things that will eventually be required when that happens. IF I found out that a supplier with mixing MY juice in the same room that his cat littler box, I wouldn't order from them anymore. But I also don't expect the total clean rooms that I experienced in a government acility or hospital either. The Johnson Creek video showed a very clean environment, with even better personal protection than what the original Vape4Life video had. But they didn't have the special lights that is supposed to kill germs and the actual air locks of the Vape4Life facility. BUT they did require the full body suits versus the lab coats. AND the gloves which I was shocked to see weren't used in the Vape4Life facility. Since Nicotine is a poison, I was shocked that this wasn't used. AND neither facility had emergency showers in the event of a spill on a lab technician.

BUT the people that were saying that asking manufacturers to show videos and to have the same or better facilities than the Vape4Life Chinese favilities, was not needed - have a point also. I have visited a Phillips Moris facility and they didn't have anywhere close to clean room facilities, in fact, I say some really nasty stuff in the tabocco drying facilities, and we all smoked that directly for many years.

Personally, I am NOT going to demand that the ejuice suppliers provide me videos of their facilities, but I will encourage them to work towards developing facilities that would stand up to FDA scrutiney when (not if) it happens. I would also encourage them to take the appropriate measures for the protection of themselves and their workers.

TandT

Unregistered Supplier
Quality should be a huge part to US E-Liquid sales. You wouldn't order in a restaurant that received a low health inspection rating, would you? We should all strive to set a standard that is worthy of being proud of. I personally would like to believe that all suppliers only supply products that would pass the highest standards of excellence.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
A few points in reply to this op.

Vendors owe you NOTHING, and have a bustling business outside of the small world of ECF...remember that.

Utter tosh. If I buy something from you, you owe me for it not to make me sick or be of lesser quality than advertised. otherwise I can and will sue you. Failling that, I owe you nothing except to find out where you live and throttle you. At least with cigarettes I KNEW they were killing me. It would be a real kick in the teeth to find something advertised as healthy (like the poor saps who smoked cigs pre 1950s) and then to find out that it wasn't as healthy as claimed.

2. My opinion is this - the vids may show good, safe production facilities - which is important - but what is also important is good quality, good vapor producing and tasty e-juices. Many vendors seem to fail in this respect and this leads me to believe they are skimping on flavorings. The last batch I ordered were good for nothing but mixing with better juices or throwing in the bin, so practically 40usd down the drain.

3. I do not buy the 'they pump pg into kids wards so it is harmless' routine. Even though I believe chronic vaping is healthier by far than chronic smoking - the kids in those wards are not directly inhaling like we are and also they are not inhaling anything near close to the quanitiy we are vaping directly into out throats and lungs in even a cpl of draws on the pv. Until long term studies have been carried out; no-one really knows. I'll say it again -N.o o.n.e r.e.a.l.l.y. k.n.o.w.s.

Just my tuppence worth.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Recently, I saw this video: video It was filmed by Vapor4Life showing the inside of a Chinese manufacturing facility in Shenzen, China. The point was to demonstrate the cleanliness and purity control measures taken by Chinese manufacturing facilities in the face of a lot of negative publicity questioning the purity of Chinese liquids.

At the outset, I should say that I am no fan of Chinese e-liquids. To me, their flavor and quality do not compare to the liquids I have tried from US manufacturers, particular TastyVapor.us, NicotineNirvana.com, Backwoods Brew (no website), and others. I have purchased liquids from those suppliers and have been quite pleased, and continue to enjoy them.

Nevertheless, I was very impressed by Vapor4Life's presentation, at least as it concerned the particular Chinese e-liquid manufacturer they profiled. Obviously, that manufacturer has taken incredible steps to ensure the purity of their liquids. To me, this raises a valid point: What measures to the US e-liquid manufacturers take to ensure puriity? I mean, they taste good and all that, but let's face it, no one is regulating these suppliers. For all we know, they could be mixing this stuff in their kitchen sink.

So, I feel it in appropriate for the ECF comminity to demand that each and every e-liquid supplier provide a video demonstration of their facilities and quality control procedures for scrutiny by their customers and prospective customers. This is a reasonable request, and certainly in the best interest of the industry as a whole.

So folks, what do ya say?

RadicalJD

No offense, but isn't that basically a commercial? I've worked in labs always and it takes a little more to impress me than a bunch of people with hairnets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread