Camoflage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskydawg

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Sheboygan, WI
Idk why one would want to camouflage something they are using legally and make it some like they are doing something illegal. It would make you suspicious and invite more questioning. I had an officer follow me into a parking lot and approach me when I was vaping in my car. I pulled it out right in front of him and took a vape. He could tell it was not something illegal in there and I was just vaping ejuice. He then changed his line of questioning to "have you seen a person that looks like this". With all the pressure from people wanting to make vaping illegal the less fuel we add to the fire the better imo.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The closest I have come to camouflaging my PVs is to put them in my boot pocket in my ACU's..
And since I spent my first 5 months as a vaper wearing my uniform around LEO's...
I had just gotten my vamo in and the Sheriff walked in and asked "What is That Thing??!??!?"
Told him it was the latest ASP baton with built in taser and smoke screen device.. and took a vape for demonstration...

cdf294

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
30° 16' 0"/97° 44' 34"
I agree with the others that there is no reason to camouflage your e-cig.
I personally prefer not to draw unwanted attention to myself so there will be no stacked battery mods in my future.
I also believe there is a fine line between not drawing attention to yourself and looking suspect, regardless of legality.

I sneaked around for awhile when I first started vaping, I'm not sure why. More recently though I thought, I'm not ashamed that I gave up a near 30-year habit for an ecig. I use a vmod xl though which does not look like a trad cig or even an ecig though. I did see some pix of mods people did for fun I think, making their ecig look like a bomb or whatever--if you do this, don't take it through airport security!

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
No need to hide a perfectly legal device. I keep my Vamo, KTS & Winder on my computer stand in my shop bay. This is in a Government Maintenance shop, too. Any questions I get about them are an opportunity to explain vaping. To smokers & non smokers. On my breaks I just sit at my station and,,,,,

VAPE ON !!!! :vapor:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I went through 2 airports last week with mine, no problem. I even used it while sitting in the departure waiting areas. I did however take smaller hits than normal and then held it in long enough to not exhale any vapor. I'm sure that a few people wondered what I was doing but, no exhale vapor = no nasty stares.

BTW, I was using an ego so it wasn't "that" obvious and I did try to be discrete.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Has anyone tried to camoflage their eciggs in terms of hiding from the authorities?

Like perhaps make it into a real looking pen or idk whatsoever breaking the spare parts down to small segments to say it was for other purposes? Anyone tried? How did it went and what method you used?

Best Regards!:p

:blink:

What "authorities" are you talking about?

...breaking the spare parts down to small segments to say it was for other purposes

What other purposes!? (You is scaring me...)

Seriously, where are you actually located that this might be a concern? Are e-cigs illegal in "Laid back & chilling out"-istan?

Last edited:

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I leave my MVP on the desk and often put a V2 in my pocket. It is blue and looks almost like a pen...except for the clear tank on the top. They make penclips for Evos and such. That seems easy enough, just don't try to write with it. A lanyard would also fix your issue as it would keep it under your shirt. A small battery would be extremely easy to conceal.

stan404

Jul 7, 2013
Florida, USA
I just started vaping a few weeks ago and gave up a long smoking habit instantly and with no remorse. I got called to jury duty last week. Entering the courthouse, I had to run everything in my pockets through the metal detector. The police that were manning the security line took a looong look at my ecig charging case (I have the Apollo starter kit charge case, wonderful device I must say, and it was charging my spare battery at the time, so it had the bright red LED glowing on the side), before they finally realized what it was. After one of the cops figured out it was an ecig "pack", she said "Oh so you've quit smoking? That's great! I hope it works out for you. Keep up the good work." and handed me back my stuff. I was proud to be a vaper at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread