Excited about mods! Kanger MT3 SS mesh wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazoo

Oct 15, 2011
San Antonio Texas
Well I am truly a happy camper today!

Discovered the awesomeness of buying Kanthal wire on ebay! 100ft 30g A1 for under $7 shipped!

So with all this spare kanthal I decided to try something crazy with some old SS mesh I had prerolled for my Vivi Nova. Kanger MT3 SS mesh wicks!

While building some fishwicks for my AGA-T I discovered the HotWrap method, I combined that with the Micro coil method.
This has worked really well so far on my AGA-T, I am only on tank #5 though, so we will see.

I took it one step logically forward, If I'm burning a SS mesh while wrapping a coil as tight as I can it should have plenty of carbon built up to not short out?

Well, I WAS RIGHT! (maybe, at least my theory worked)

Built my first MT3 coil with a solid core SS mesh wick, popped it on my Vamo, checked the ohm at about 2.4ohms. Fired it up and it was perfect all the way up to 15watts! not a single hot spot!

I tried it with every juice i have on hand, about 18 juices, and every single one was PERFECT!
Some even better then with my IkenVape Cannon 2.5 ohm atomizer.
All it took was one drop to wet the wick enough to get 2 maybe 3 good puffs out of it.
The best part is it will accept my 100% VG and 70/30 VG/PG juices like a champ!
But its gentle enough for my 30/70 VG/PG juices to not leak like a sieve.

I had all but given up on SS mesh until today! But then I went and built my second MT3 SS mesh wick. Same method.
Preburnt the wick, Torch Hot Wrapped Micro coil, mount and check. Checked at 1.8ohms this time.

I fired this one up and there was a small hot spot on the back. I poked at the wick for a second and bam, hot spot gone, 2.0ohms.
You can't poke at the coils with this method, they are WAY too tight.

I am so happy with this discovery that I just had to share with everyone!
I am currently putting out clouds and have a great nicotine buzz, the SS mesh is just so efficient!
The microcoils are fantastic as well, vaping at 6watts now but it will go up to 15watts without burning!

This may not sound like a newbie thing but trust me, I am still a newbie to all this.
These are my first working coils since I first got my AGA-T almost a year ago.
I was never able to make a good coil again after that, until now.

Hopefully this will help someone else trying to get the best vape for their dollar!

EDIT: Crappy cellphone pictures coming soon once the phone charges lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread