Can’t Find a Coil That Will Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike101202

Nov 27, 2018
Any help is appreciated. I recently bought my first vape pen. I have no knowledge on it except it’s a sigelei. It was getting really hot and hitting on it’s own. So I took it apart there is only a battery, the pen itself, a cartridge in the front that holds the juice( it is disposable. Used mostly for CBD oil from what I have seen), and this screw which i suspect is the “coil” and looks burnt. So problem is I can’t find any replacement coil that look the same. Anybody know where I can find the same one as a replacement.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Mike101202

Nov 27, 2018
image.jpg
image.jpg
Any help is appreciated. I recently bought my first vape pen. I have no knowledge on it except it’s a Sigelei. It was getting really hot and hitting on it’s own. So I took it apart there is only a battery, the pen itself, a cartridge in the front that holds the juice( it is disposable. Used mostly for ... oil from what I have seen), and this screw which i suspect is the “coil” and looks burnt. So problem is I can’t find any replacement coil that look the same. Anybody know where I can find the same one as a replacement.

Mike101202

Nov 27, 2018
The coil I took out isn’t inside the pod it screws into the pen. The pod could be changed with the coil moving. It’s a Sigelei and it says C766 on the bottom. I don’t think it’s disposalable considering the coil isn’t in the pod. I think I just need a replacement coil( but I can’t find one)

Attachments

• 7E30836F-F8C8-4E5D-873D-31907240A2CE.jpeg
    7E30836F-F8C8-4E5D-873D-31907240A2CE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • AEBF3217-43C4-4F47-9FAF-93576973C46C.jpeg
    AEBF3217-43C4-4F47-9FAF-93576973C46C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The coil I took out isn’t inside the pod it screws into the pen. The pod could be changed with the coil moving. It’s a Sigelei and it says C766 on the bottom. I don’t think it’s disposalable considering the coil isn’t in the pod. I think I just need a replacement coil( but I can’t find one)

Yeah I'm not sure what atomizer that is..

@Katdarling may know, or @DPLongo22 or @Baditude ..

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
What you have there is an fairly old Sigelei mechanical usually called a #3, there are many clones with all sorts of different identifying numbers & names. It has both 510 & ego threading.

The auto fire / hitting on its own is very dangerous and very likely what burned out your 'coil' which is not an actual a coil/ replaceable head like we use for vaping normal e liquids.
The auto fire/hitting on its own needs to be corrected, sure it could've been caused by the burner/coil shorting or 510 insulator cracking, melting or being fubar or the firing button being dirty, malfunctioning or assembled incorrectly.

From your pictures the tank/delivery device appears to be a for something other than normal e liquid single use clearomizer and by removing the burner/coil you have broken the coil / burner leads that make contact with the appropriate areas of the 510/ego connection to provide power to the coil.

Use of mechanicals by those not familiar with them can become dangerous, I'd suggest getting a much safer power device.
For help with the tank/delivery device / coil you'll have to find a site or shop that deals with that sort of thing.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't recognize the mod nor the atomizer (juice attachment). The tank might be a "nano" clearomizer. These were disposable tanks that you could not replace the coil.

zvegp4.jpg

I agree with the others before me. You'd be better off getting a new, modern vape setup rather than trying to rehab that ancient setup you currently have.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...PLEASE buy a regulated battery device. Be safe.
This probably can't be stressed enough for new vapers.

We generally do not recommend new vapers to start out using a mechanical mod because they have no protection circuitry. Quite often, new vapers don't yet know what they don't know because of their inexperience. Most e-cigarette explosions occur when newer vapers are using a mechanical mod.

@Mike101202, since you are new and may not know the difference:

• A regulated mod has a circuit board or electronic chip which "regulates" the power output and protection circuitry to help guard against short circuits.
  • A mechanical mod has no chip for power regulation nor protection circuitry to guard against short circuits; therefore they should be reserved for more advanced/experienced vapers.
  • A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Since you need out of what your using and into something modern, I'm going to suggest the Pico. Its nice, has much of what 2018 has to offer and is a nice sturdy little device..

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W Mod

^^^ 16.95 is a good price

And this for a topper:

Aspire Nautilus 2S Tank - $36.00 : Aspire online shopping

Other than that just some juice, a battery (Sony 6a from IMR Batteries), a charger (xtar) and your good to go!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Any help is appreciated. I recently bought my first vape pen. I have no knowledge on it except it’s a Sigelei. It was getting really hot and hitting on it’s own. So I took it apart there is only a battery, the pen itself, a cartridge in the front that holds the juice( it is disposable. Used mostly for ... oil from what I have seen), and this screw which i suspect is the “coil” and looks burnt. So problem is I can’t find any replacement coil that look the same. Anybody know where I can find the same one as a replacement.

Just me, I don't think the OP wants a delivery device for 'normal' e liquids.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Mike, the fact that ANY device "hits on its own" is the most concerning part of your post. That really should be issue #1.

I agree with those who think the atomizer is most likely a very old skool Nano Clearo, and speaking for most of us who used them, I'd say toss it. They weren't even close to any good.

You've had some great suggestions here in terms of what to get that's a lot newer, a lot better.

Please keep us posted?

PS. Elvis, I think you're on to something. ;)

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I can't help much but going by what others said
if it is a clearomizer
then yeah, you just destroyed it....
the "screw" is the 510 connection and those clearomizers are not meant to come apart...there's no putting it back together again...you need to buy a new one
but keep in mind as well, those tend to be plastic and most juices will eat through plastic
try to stick to glass tanks

and if your mod is firing on its own then it needs to be scraped and a new one purchased and as stated, please stay away from mech mods and get a regulated mod
if you wish to use mech mods then please study up on battery safety and ohms laws
we really don't want you to explode your hand....

if you are wanting to stick with the pen type style i've heard a lot of good things about the uwell nunchaku currently on sale for $50.90, this includes a tank
all you will need is an 18650 battery (well 2, to rotate them out while 1 is charging) and a charger
I typically buy my batteries from IMRbatteries.com they are reliable and when you order 2 or more batteries they give you a battery case for safe storing and transporting. I would suggest either a Sony VTC6, LG HD4, or Samsung 25R (well 2 of them as stated) and then you can find a charger usually pretty cheap
however the Sony VTC6 is actually on sale for $6.19/each and you can get 11% off with code: VAPECHEAP

so in the end you'll be paying about $62 (then plus shipping) for a new mod, tank and 2 good batteries....just need a charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread