Older kanger coils fit into aerotank mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuvya

Sep 19, 2014
Van Nuys, Ca
Guys I tried to look around... Hope I'm not doubling another thread

Do the older kanger coils with visible wicks fit and compatible to work with the newer aerotank mini?

id like to rebuild the older dual coils versus having the newer coils being a hit or miss with floods and leaks... In my recent experience.
As i gather the new ones are not rebuildable and you can't take them apart?

thanks so much

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
Really? I compared my Protank II coil with my aerotank coil (I like the flavor of the Protank's coils), and the aerotank coil looked way to tall to work in a protank, meaning it looked like the protank's coil is too short to seal on an Aerotank.

I'm not ruling out optical illusion, but from base to seal seems wrong. :?:

No, you can't take the aerotank's coil apart. I tried. You ruin it getting the chimney off.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
I believe the OP was asking if Kanger's original dual-coil heads fit the Aerotank. Indeed they do. I rebuild them with a single microcoil and rayon. They vape brilliantly in the Aerotanks from 7 to 14 watts. Have fun!

id like to rebuild the older dual coils versus having the newer coils being a hit or miss with floods and leaks... In my recent experience.
As i gather the new ones are not rebuildable and you can't take them apart?

thanks so much

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
If you are refering to the Ver1 Aerotank/protank3 dual coil coils, then YES you can use those in the Ver2 Aerotank base, no problem, as a matter of fact I am happily vaping away on such right now.

You can also buy partial components(stem, insulators, base, etc) or whole assemblies of the Ver1 coils from Lighting Vapes, they work just fine;
Kanger Protank 3 Dual Coil Head Assembly - Whole Unit or Parts | Lightning Vapes

Tuvya

Sep 19, 2014
Van Nuys, Ca
Thanks so much...

'Think I read someone saying if your doing a microcoil which is what I'm going to try it doesn't matter if its dual or not?

I don't fully understand how to make these V1's dual coil? I looked around on youTube.

'Just ordered rayon as AldenF says he uses and I googled it with looking like great results.

WIll be making my first coil. I should probably go to HomeDepot for an Ohm reader

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Thanks so much...

'Think I read someone saying if your doing a microcoil which is what I'm going to try it doesn't matter if its dual or not?

I don't fully understand how to make these V1's dual coil? I looked around on youTube.

'Just ordered rayon as AldenF says he uses and I googled it with looking like great results.

WIll be making my first coil. I should probably go to HomeDepot for an Ohm reader

I dont bother to rebuild these for myself often, but I have done a double coil and I have done a single coil rebuild on them a few times. With Silica and with cotton. I found the single coil with cotton to be just as good as the double with silica or cotton.

Tuvya

Sep 19, 2014
Van Nuys, Ca
Why does the first hit taste bad even after soaking it with juice?
I think you still need to let it sit with a rayon wick. I cudnt wait for my materials as I burnt thru another addy within a few hrs and asked the bar for some wire and rayon.
I won't bother with double right now as FallenRaw mentioned and think I've read before.
All these batteries have short protection... I don't have an ohm reader yet but I can tell by how hot the tank gets and by the number of wraps I think.
Made a successful coil after 3 tries... Smokes well. I put in a few different juices so I don't waste my good ones and can't really get any flavor as a result.
And my battery is on empty... Finally gonna give it a full charge.

But I feel pretty good after making my first reel coil. I hope my kanthol arrives tomorrow, don't wanna make a homedepot trip.

It's not flooding with a flavor wick on top of the coil. I'll try for a thicker wrap after getting some more kanthol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread