Status
Not open for further replies.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I got this DOA mod from an acquaintance but he does not know the history of it. Perhaps someone can identify it ??? It's a 1-14500 basic 3.7 mod built into a project box. It has a 3a push-button switch on the side, magnetic catches on the lid, a homebrew battery compartment, and a 510 sealed connector with a drip cup. It is all sealed with hot-glue. He said he dremel'd the cup shorter so he could connect other things on it (presumably a tankmod).

So the question is: did this come from a company or is it a homemade model? Does anyone recognize it? I will be rebuilding it, but I thought it may be a blast from the past :)

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
It looks like a homade boxmod to me too. There's nothing wrong with that though. I've built a couple and they work nicely. Go ahead and rebuild it. If you're looking for parts check Madvapes.com.

I have all the parts I need for this job .. I just wanted to be sure and do a "before" picture

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
i got this doa mod from an acquaintance but he does not know the history of it. Perhaps someone can identify it ??? It's a 1-14500 basic 3.7 mod built into a project box. It has a 3a push-button switch on the side, magnetic catches on the lid, a homebrew battery compartment, and a 510 sealed connector with a drip cup. It is all sealed with hot-glue. He said he dremel'd the cup shorter so he could connect other things on it (presumably a tankmod).

So the question is: Did this come from a company or is it a homemade model? Does anyone recognize it? I will be rebuilding it, but i thought it may be a blast from the past :)

omfg thats my mod!!! I sold that thing like 3 weeks ago!

I love that drip cup too. I was in a hry when I built that, I was going on a trip out of state and needed a back up and it was only half done. Thats so mind blowing you ended up with it.

If I had to guess whats bad in it it would be the connector. It was used on another mod before that one, I harvested it. Theres a chance that rubber ring that seperates the positive post from the negative melted. Start with the switch cause it will be easiest (though I've used the switches in almost very mod I've built and never had a problem with them) but it might be worth a look and the connector.

Last edited:

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
omfg thats my mod!!! I sold that thing like 3 weeks ago!

I love that drip cup too. I was in a hry when I built that, I was going on a trip out of state and needed a back up and it was only half done. Thats so mind blowing you ended up with it.

If I had to guess whats bad in it it would be the connector. It was used on another mod before that one, I harvested it. Theres a chance that rubber ring that seperates the positive post from the negative melted. Start with the switch cause it will be easiest (though I've used the switches in almost very mod I've built and never had a problem with them) but it might be worth a look and the connector.

If it were mine I would have remained silent lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread