Can dealextreme be trusted? Any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vini

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Northern NJ, USA
Hello everyone,
In my search for one place to buy 14500 batts, battery cases and spacers , Google got my to dealextreme.

Everything looks great [TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh 2 batts for $5.40 + free shipping - doesn't get any better], but they based in China and I was wondering if any of you have any experience with this supplier.

Another product got me suspicious - they sell sort of Ego e-cig, but title says "Quit Smoking Rechargeable Electronic Cigar"; on image of the box it says "Ego"; on image of battery it says "Ri..." + after all they claim it has 750mAh.
It looks like have Riva packed in Ego box or they got completely new product...

On another end, if this e-cig is something good, it could be one of the greatest deals.

2 questions:

1. Any experience with dealextreme?

2. What u think about that e-cig (I checked pictures, it looks like standard Riva)?

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Another product got me suspicious - they sell sort of Ego e-cig, but title says "Quit Smoking Rechargeable Electronic Cigar"; on image of the box it says "Ego"; on image of battery it says "Ri..." + after all they claim it has 750mAh.
It looks like have Riva packed in Ego box or they got completely new product...

On another end, if this e-cig is something good, it could be one of the greatest deals.

2 questions:

1. Any experience with dealextreme?

2. What u think about that e-cig (I checked pictures, it looks like standard Riva)?

I have to laugh that it comes with tar-filled carts. And you can get bottles of tobacco tar. Yummy!!

The only thing I'd worry about would that you would indeed end up with an e-cigar instead of the eGo (based on the box) or the Riva (based on the picture).

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I don't trust them anymore and won't use them. I bought some batteries from them. A month later they e-mailed me and said they needed to buy some batteries first and then the sale could go through. I said no just refund my money because by the time they finally got some then sold them to me it might be qanother couple of months. So they did a partial refund or tried to. I got ahold of Paypal, filed a claim and only then did they give me my money back in full.

Drex

Aug 17, 2010
Titletown, WI
I've ordered from DX several times and only one order was delayed. I recently ordered some e-liquid from them and am satisfied. It took 2 weeks to get my order, but I expected that since it was shipped from Hong Kong. I've been happy with their products. I plan on buying some batteries and attys from them next month. I have been happy with DinoDirect too. That is where I bought my 4081 pv. The thing is built like a tank and the batteries last longer than my 510.

instamix

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Kansas
I ordered from them a bunch of times (not e-cig stuff) you can expect some spotty performance from a knock-off company like them.
The last thing I ordered from them was 10440's 14500's they shipped about 2 days after I bought them,today will make 21 day's since I ordered...still not here...I've had things show up 8 of 9 days after I ordered and some that took 3 or 4 weeks,Now I remember why I stopped using them.

I'm in no hurry for the battery's to get here but I also wonder if save 3 or 4 dollars was worth waiting a month..........

unless I need some super cheap LED's again I don't think I'll be needing dealsextreme anymore.
and yes ALL the e-cig stuff they have are likely low grade knock-off's(I WOULD NOT TOUCH E-JUICE FROM THEM!)

Vini

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Northern NJ, USA
Thanks everyone.

Honestly, the bigger problem to find is a battery case. I want to have a case to hold 2 14500 batteries [ DealExtreme: $2.42 Soshine Protective Case 4-Piece Set for CR123A AA AAA ]
That's the reason why I've got to DX at the first place.

But since I've got there, its hard to pass DealExtreme: $5.40 TrustFire Protected 14500 3.7V 900mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack) + some other little things.

Total trial order is $14.90 - transactions going through PayPal - not a high risk.

Delivery time doesn't really matters in this case.

Last edited:

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
I ordered from dealextreme many many times, not ecigs tho, I believe what they sell is only disposable ones, as for the batteries I have no idea but if you do order, be prepared that it will be a knock-off, this is what they specialize in to, I wouldn't suggest ordering from them. I just received 3 knock-off playstation 2 controllers, one has a problem with the X button, the other 2 is the analog controller. They do have a few things cheap and good but you have to try it.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
I ordered from them once. They didn't send me a order confirmation so I e-mailed them 3 times to find out the status of the order. They did not respond to me. I filed a complaint with Paypal they did not respond to them. After another week I escalated the comlpaint to a refund request. Now I am waiting the 10 days for their responce. I have 5 days left on that and still no responce.

It is mind boggling how a company can be good to some of its customers and horrible to others.

Last edited:

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
I order from them all the time and love it! For me, it takes a month to arrive. The cheaper $10 e cigs will quit after a week or so (battery failure) but the newer ones (riva clone, 510 clone, DSE 601,905, ect) look real good and do have great reviews. Im vaping some Dealextreme juice right now (effective level high= 18mg) and its tasty stuff, great TH, vapor.

I just ordered a pinhole camera detector for $30 that retails for $200 on a Canadian site, so yes its a great place.

Neon.

Kevin Freeheart

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Live Free Or Die
I'm a recurring DealExtreme customer and I have to say, I'm generally happy. I've ordered ROM carts and memory cards and dozens of other things from them. My latest purchase was a DSE-905.

In EVERY order except the latest one, I've been pleased. The most recent order (which happens to be vaping related) is a disappointment. I ordered on September 25th and the item didn't ship until October 11th, with no explaination as to why it was delayed (a "Hey, we're out of stock" would have been fine by me.)

They're not a dishonest company. I've had them more than make up shipping issues in the past and while their customer service isn't spectacular in terms of speed (ValueVapor has excellent service... 40 minutes from order to shipping confirmation, for example) they're honest about how long it will generally take to answer inquiries and within that time frame, they always have.

DealExtreme is SLOW and like all businesses, they make mistakes. Keep that in mind when you order anything from them and you'll generally be happy if you decided to go ahead and order.

solaar

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I would say they are not only the slowest I've ever experienced, they are also rather "approximate" in their service.

After almost 2 months I'm about to write off to actually receive anything. I ordered a few batteries which stayed on hold for a couple of weeks. Then I noticed that I ordered one pair of the wrong ones. As they weren't shipped yet - probably really far from being shipped - I notified them to make a modification to my order. And suddenly, miraculously, they sent me a shipping notice a couple of hours later. The next day I got an email stating that it was too late to make any changes to my order since it had been shipped and I should "wait patiently". That's 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting...:?:

Never again. I'd rather pay double but get proper service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread