Can heavy vaping cause pneumonia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
There actually is water (in vapor form) in what we exhale while vaping. PG bonds to your own moisture in your mouth, throat and lungs and that's what gives us dry mouth and makes the vapor visable. Chelstar has it right.

Yes, yes. That was my point exactly. It just seems that a lot of people think we are inhaling water vapor, which could lead to a fluid build up in our lungs. In a way, its quite the opposite. This is why I said in my first post that I've wandered if we aren't causing damage by drying out our lungs in an unnatural way. Not sure if I just didn't explain myself properly, but there seems to be a bit of confusion.

By the way your pic is freaking hilarious. Not sure what is going on, but it kinda reminds me of those old Herbal Essence shampoo commercials. I've seen your pic twice, and had to laugh both times.

Last edited:

Aaeli

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Kansas, U.S.
Quitting Smoking can cause pneumonia, or at least thats what my doc told me the last time I tried to quit before ecigs, and got it. She explained it had to do with all that tar and junk leaving your lungs, basically leaves raw open lung tissue which is more vulnerable to infections.

I could see that. When I finally went to just vaping, I had a period where it felt like I had a chest cold. I was hacking up some nasty stuff. If I were exposed to something in the same time period I could see getting pretty sick. Your lungs haven't had time to return to business as usual.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. You finally quit smoking and get pneumonia for your troubles LOL.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Yes, yes. That was my point exactly. It just seems that a lot of people think we are inhaling water vapor, which could lead to a fluid build up in our lungs. In a way, its quite the opposite. This is why I said in my first post that I've wandered if we aren't causing damage by drying out our lungs in an unnatural way. Not sure if I just didn't explain myself properly, but there seems to be a bit of confusion.

By the way your pic is freaking hilarious. Not sure what is going on, but it kinda reminds me of those old Herbal Essence shampoo commercials. I've seen your pic twice, and had to laugh both times.

We just need to remember to drink alot more water than we used to, not a problem. Besides, it'll help flush out all the nasties from smoking faster! (Thanks about my avatar, I was just goofing around for my daughter with her camera. I think it looks like someone put an ice cube down my back!)

Bubbafuzz

Feb 24, 2011
Indiana
Quitting Smoking can cause pneumonia, or at least thats what my doc told me the last time I tried to quit before ecigs, and got it. She explained it had to do with all that tar and junk leaving your lungs, basically leaves raw open lung tissue which is more vulnerable to infections.

And I had a problem from exactly this. I don't have insurance so I couldn't actually go to the doctor and get a certain diagnoses. But it felt like pleurisy to me, sharp pains at the bottom of my right lung when I inhaled. It was worse in certain positions, had to sleep sitting up. And that rasping noise, like stuff rubbing together when I took a breath. I'm sure it's because of the lungs getting rid of some gunk and the vaping drying em out a bit too much or just irritating them some. It happened about 3 or 4 weeks after I quit. I'm doing fine now. I lil tender still at times but I'm pretty much back to normal and vaping fine.

Tracy68

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Australia
I'd just like to echo that I usually get sick at the drop of a hat during winter - and I mean in bed sick and feeling like death.
This winter since vaping I've had one mild cold and a few instances where I could feel my body trying to fight something off but otherwise I have been thinking to myself how amazing it is that I've escaped most of the winter colds and flues this year.
All of my family have been sick at least a couple of times around me and still I have fared very well.
(Touching wood madly here!)

Reactions: Ipster

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
Well, I've never known anyone who uses an inhaler to get p.monia. My 5 y.o. And I both use one, so do a lot of neighbors and friends. Same ingredient. Would dr.s really Rx it if it did? And what about childrens room vaporizers? Talk about inhaling moisture! Isn't that a recommended chest REMEDY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread