My pneumonia was not due to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
My experience may be relevant to clarify the yet unfunded claim found in many articles published on the web that vaping may cause pneumonia. I've been analogs free for 8 months now, vaping, and enjoying the healing of my lungs since then by exercising consistently at least 3-times per week. My aim has been to run a 10K in 50 minutes, which I almost reached last Saturday getting my sweating body very hot. As I usually go for a swim after the run, I jumped into the pool cold water while my body was still hot from running (how stupid). I felt the first chill throughout my body at that time, and the full pneumonia symptoms during the nigh and I barely could got out of bed the whole Sunday. Still felling pretty sick on Monday, I noticed that my phlegm was nasty brown with some fresh blood in it... Scary enough to take myself to the ER where, after a bench of tests and scans, I was diagnose, as i was expecting, with pneumonia. It was relieved though because I was afraid of something much worse. Anyway, when I told my story to the pneumologist, he explained that in many cases pneumonia can be induced by exposing the inner body to such drastic temperature shifts in the presence of dormant infectious lung pathogens. vaping was an unlikely cause. The heavy antibiotic regiment they put me through the 3 days I spent in the hospital seems to help but I'm still in recovery as my phlegm still pretty nasty. I hope my experience provide some valuable information, but yet this is just my take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread