Can I change the VG/PG ratio of a nic salt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the world of vaping and this forum so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I’m using a 70/30 35mg nic salt in a smok Nord.

I have multiple bottles of 50/50 Nic Salt but the Nord can’t run them without spitback.

Is there a way to take a 50/50 Salt to a 70/30 VG/PG Salt? Hate to waste them or the money I spent on them.

Thoughts?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
New to the world of vaping and this forum so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I’m using a 70/30 35mg Nic Salt in a SMOK Nord.

I have multiple bottles of 50/50 Nic Salt but the Nord can’t run them without spitback.

Is there a way to take a 50/50 Salt to a 70/30 VG/PG Salt? Hate to waste them or the money I spent on them.

Thoughts?
It’s possible but it’s a pain in the .... to get the ratios right again. You’ve got to add nic and flavoring and VG. If you just add VG you’ll get a weak juice.

The simplest thing to do is buy another two bottles of the same juice but with a really high VG content and mix them.
Or just buy another vape that can handle the 50/50 juice. SMOK products have a rep for self destructing very quickly anyway so a backup device isn’t a bad idea.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Actually, it's very easy! Just go to local drug store and buy some VG (glycerine USP) add some and shake to mix. Yes, it will dilute the flavor and the nicotine, but it costs almost nothing and it will work better in your device. Try mixing 2 parts of your 50/50 juice to 1 part VG... should be enough to work. I don't understand why people suggest 50/50 juices... just too thin for any device IMO.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Actually, it's very easy! Just go to local drug store and buy some VG (glycerine USP) add some and shake to mix. Yes, it will dilute the flavor and the nicotine, but it costs almost nothing and it will work better in your device. Try mixing 2 parts of your 50/50 juice to 1 part VG... should be enough to work. I don't understand why people suggest 50/50 juices... just too thin for any device IMO.
This will work, but the result may well be unvapable . Best to try it with a small sample first

Reactions: Nermal

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes it will work but it will dilute nic strength and flavoring. I would suggest using a 15ml bottle as per your 2/3 to 1/3 ratio and allow it to set at least overnight before trying. This gives the ejuice time to make sure the vg is incorporated. After combining shake it well and stick in a cabinet or at least out of light. Since commercial ejuice is so highly flavored this could be to his liking if he doesn't mind the lesser nic strength.
As for 50/50 ejuice.... I mix my own and cannot tolerate a higher vg ratio. Not everyone can use high vg plus I have never had any problems with that ratio. I build my own rta coils and have used stock coils in smok baby x without any problems. Usually spit back occurs when the juice is not properly heated enough to vaporize the juice. (Known as flooding) Or the coil is too hot to run properly. Try allowing the coil to cool for a few mins and see if spitback stops.

• Agree
Reactions: FΛDED

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
... I don't understand why people suggest 50/50 juices... just too thin for any device IMO.

Well, people have different experiences. For the record, I vape 50:50 eliquid all the time and have never had issues using it in anything --- including in RDAs, RTAs, drop-in coil tanks, and a few different pod mods.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Let me start by saying welcome, and it's great you're getting off the stinkies!

Have you tried the other head that came with the nord? I find one wicks faster than the other, also the quality control of replacement heads is aweful and some just don't like to wick, save the thin stuff and get some thicker juice, you'll find a use for the thinner stuff later and/or mix them as needed.

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Well, people have different experiences. For the record, I vape 50:50 eliquid all the time and have never had issues using it in anything --- including in RDAs, RTAs, drop-in coil tanks, and a few different pod mods.

That means your wick game is on point. :) I don't have spitting/flooding issues using thinner liquids either.

Some have a habit of over-priming their coils when it's really unneeded, especially 50/50, 80/20 sure.

Let me start by saying welcome, and it's great you're getting off the stinkies!

Have you tried the other head that came with the nord? I find one wicks faster than the other, also the quality control of replacement heads is aweful and some just don't like to wick, save the thin stuff and get some thicker juice, you'll find a use for the thinner stuff later and/or mix them as needed.

Agree. The MTL Nord coil would be best.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks for the replies.

Stopped by the local store today to pick up some coils.

Got talked into buying a bottle of Halo Tribeca 70v/30p 12mg regular juice (not nic salt). I’m using that in my Nord with the 1.4 coil. Loving it.
I support your change. If you don’t NEED to vape protonated nic because of throat hit issues it strikes me as risky.
I’m not trusting of protonated nicotines myself. They need to be researched and they haven’t been afaik. Unprotonated they’ve been playing with for a long time and there is a lot of research out on them. There has been research one one protonated nic, nicotine tartrate, for use in nicotine gum, but of the various others I know nothing.

I support your change. If you don’t NEED to vape protonated nic because of throat hit issues it strikes me as risky.
I’m not trusting of protonated nicotines myself. They need to be researched and they haven’t been afaik. Unprotonated they’ve been playing with for a long time and there is a lot of research out on them. There has been research one one protonated nic, nicotine tartrate, for use in nicotine gum, but of the various others I know nothing.

The throat hit on this Tribeca is almost too harsh. Which is good for me because in a very short period of time I have become a chain vapor and there is no way I’ll be chain vaping this stuff. But the flavor is amazing. Hands down the best of all the flavors I’ve tried during my very short time vaping (only 37 days so far).

Berniejap

Moved On
Aug 11, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi guys, I am the owner of a ... brand name justcbdstore.com and am currently looking out for ... reviewers to review my products on my ... blog. I have a range of ... products just like ... gummies, ... e-liquids, ... tinctures and oils, ... treats for dogs, dried fruit infused with ..., pain ointments with ..., ... doobies and much more. I am ideally searching for individuals who are either vapers or are open to trying ... goods. If you are interested, please get in touch via the web site.
You may notice from your heavily autoredacted post that dot dot dot stuff isn’t dealt with in this fourm. The only interest here is nicotine vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread