Mixing up Salt nic with free base juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
So here's a question, I've made the transition to salt based pod style and a few smaller rebuildables devices. I still have about 350 mls of free base juice left over in various flavors of 3mg free based nicotine. Hate to see it go to waste. It's all pretty thick stuff and very dense on the flavor. I was thinking of attempting to home brew the free base into a salt nic. The VG would definitely need to be thinned out with PG (it's all 70 or 80 VG based juice), but could I add a concentration of salt nic to the mix to make it compatible with my pods?

Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So here's a question, I've made the transition to salt based pod style and a few smaller rebuildables devices. I still have about 350 mls of free base juice left over in various flavors of 3mg free based nicotine. Hate to see it go to waste. It's all pretty thick stuff and very dense on the flavor. I was thinking of attempting to home brew the free base into a salt nic. The VG would definitely need to be thinned out with PG (it's all 70 or 80 VG based juice), but could I add a concentration of salt nic to the mix to make it compatible with my pods?

Absolutely.

You will of course drop the flavour % down as you add more nic base - but you are obviously aware of that. If your salt nic base is in pg, that will help adjust the VG/pg ratio.

• Agree
    Reactions: Brewdawg1181

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

You can. But you don’t have to use salts in pods. I’ve used both in my pods. The bigger issue, that you already know, is viscosity. Get your pg/vg close to 50/50 and if you need more nic, you can add whatever type you like.

I think the reason pods are advertised as salt compatible is that you can use them at a higher level without as much throat hit as FB, and people tend to need more nic in these little devices that don’t give much vapor.

dc53751cb2

Moved On
    Mar 2, 2020
    • Deleted by classwife
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread