Can I get some help getting setup please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Most of the RTAs I've encountered are more leak-resistant than leak proof. One thing you might want to consider is an rta with juice flow control (JFC). I use a kayfun Prime, so I just have to screw it down before putting it in my pocket and it really is leak proof. The only downside is that I have to remember to open the JFC when I take it out for a vape, and that doesn't always happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I use either a 2.5mm Kanthal with .3mm wire touching coil at around 1.4 ohms or a spaced SS coil .28mm at 0.6 ohms. They both work for 12 - 20w range.... I took a punt on this tank purely because it was so cheap and was very surprised at how well it works.
Some people have commented that the coil position will make a difference to how it works but in my experience it is very forgiving and i've had no problems with throwing in a quick 2 minute build !
The only downside is that i have been unable to source spare tank sections - I suppose that when an atty costs about the same as a drip-tip then that isn't really an issue.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
The tank that has surprised me with it's total leak-proofness is; Authentic VXV Soulmate RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (FastTech). Top fill, easy to build, good for MTL and CHEAP ! Airflow adjustable from carto-like up to Doggy. Not the best MTL available (airflow not perfectly smooth like a Doggy) but surprisingly well made and CHEAP. Did i mention CHEAP ?

That may be my next tank, looks very interesting. One of the Fasttech reviews or discussions mentions glass for the Intake will fit.

I've only had it a week, but so far I'm very pleased with the KF Lite 2019 22mm clone I picked up from FT. Zero leaks.

But I was looking for a 24mm to go on a different mod. Soulmate looks good, but I didn't see the capacity listed?

Reactions: bnrkwest

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions and the helpful tips and links. I really learned alot here.
I think I narrowed down the search for my power source.
Jackaroo or the Aegis. I'm really leaning towards the Jackaroo though, but still not sure which one.
I noticed that each of these come in a few different models, so I gotta figure that part out.
After I figure out which one, I will post what a decided to go with.
After I figure this out, I'll move on to figuring out which tank to get. Looking at what has been mentioned here and looking at the reviews.
Couple super expensive ones look awesome, but are out of my budget. Looking in the $30 to $40 range for a MTL RTA.
One that has my top attention so far in the Innokin Ares MTL RTA.
But once i decided on a couple or few options, I'll post them here. So many options to choose from.. Makes it a bit time consuming. But I'm getting close to getting my options figured out.

I shouldn't have any issues rebuilding coils.
Last ecig I had was the Evod KangerTech Mini Protank II (v2) and I use to rebuild the coil in that.
Now that I looked at my last ecig picture, I guess it's only been 4 years since I last used? Feels alot longer..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1583316282621.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583316282621.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Comparing these 2 options Jackaroo or the Aegis, really is no comparison. I don't have a Jackaroo b/c I read many complaints about them. Did not work as expected, too heavy. Loose parts, etc. The Aegis and all of the Geek vape products are quality products. But they are very affordable. Can't go wrong with any of the Geek Vape line.
jmho
:)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions and the helpful tips and links. I really learned alot here.
I think I narrowed down the search for my power source.
Jackaroo or the Aegis. I'm really leaning towards the Jackaroo though, but still not sure which one.
I noticed that each of these come in a few different models, so I gotta figure that part out.
After I figure out which one, I will post what a decided to go with.
After I figure this out, I'll move on to figuring out which tank to get. Looking at what has been mentioned here and looking at the reviews.
Couple super expensive ones look awesome, but are out of my budget. Looking in the $30 to $40 range for a MTL RTA.
One that has my top attention so far in the Innokin Ares MTL RTA.
But once i decided on a couple or few options, I'll post them here. So many options to choose from.. Makes it a bit time consuming. But I'm getting close to getting my options figured out.

I shouldn't have any issues rebuilding coils.
Last ecig I had was the Evod KangerTech Mini Protank II (v2) and I use to rebuild the coil in that.
Now that I looked at my last ecig picture, I guess it's only been 4 years since I last used? Feels alot longer..

You might want to reconsider the Innokin Ares. It's a known leaker.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Ok.. thought it was known not to leak :(

Looking for Jackaroo in Black, AE and Ana Green and the colors I want are sold out everywhere and 1 website even discontinued it.. is there something wrong with it as to why they would discontinue a hot seller or are they not going to be sold anymore since 98% of the stock everywhere is out of stock..

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I need to draw just like a cigarette. Not loose or I can't get a good mouth draw. Not too tight to where I can't get a good pull.[/QUO
Ok.. thought it was known not to leak :(

Looking for Jackaroo in Black, AE and Ana Green and the colors I want are sold out everywhere and 1 website even discontinued it.. is there something wrong with it as to why they would discontinue a hot seller or are they not going to be sold anymore since 98% of the stock everywhere is out of stock..

I've heard people don't like how heavy it is. That's not to say it's a terrible mod. It also may be a supply chain issue because the Corona Virus is wreaking havoc on vape vendors everywhere. Instead of getting the Jackaroo, you may have to consider other good mods because I've noticed supply is getting sparse at several vape vendors lately.

I just saw that you can get a Solo for around $25 at EFun Top. It's a great deal on a great mod, but EFun is a China vendor so shipping will take a while.

If you aren't able to find a Jackaroo, I think you would be happy with either the Solo or the Vaporesso Swag 2. You also might consider a Pico 25. It's a fantastic mod and like the Jackaroo, Solo or Vaporesso Swag 2, it's wide enough to accommodate larger attys that are more common today than when you last shopped for vape gear.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I don't like any other mods. The Jackaroo is perfect for my style on what I want.
The Aegis is second pick, but I really dont like the buttons and the stuck on leather grip look. The no stitch suede looks ok in the Legend, but it seems like these are out of stock on many or all reasonably priced places aswell..
Local stores want double what you can find this stuff for online...
Will still figure out everything else I need and wait for stock to come in if it ever does and buy it then.
Local shop wants over $120 after tax for a Jackaroo for the kit and around $90 for mod only after tax.

Was really excited to get setup..
Some places won't even ship to Washington.. makes no sense. I'm surrounded buy like 50 vape shops in a 30 minute radius who sell everything vape..

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I don't like any other mods. The Jackaroo is perfect for my style on what I want.
The Aegis is second pick, but I really dont like the buttons and the stuck on leather grip look. The no stitch suede looks ok in the Legend, but it seems like these are out of stock on many or all reasonably priced places aswell..
Local stores want double what you can find this stuff for online...
Will still figure out everything else I need and wait for stock to come in if it ever does and buy it then.
Local shop wants over $120 after tax for a Jackaroo for the kit and around $90 for mod only after tax.

Was really excited to get setup..
Some places won't even ship to Washington.. makes no sense. I'm surrounded buy like 50 vape shops in a 30 minute radius who sell everything vape..

$120 is a ridiculous price! Hope you can find better out there. Did you check Element Vape for the Jackaroo? I have no idea if they have it or not, but I always check Element when looking for U.S. Vape Vendors.

Hope you find the gear you want!

Good luck!!

Reactions: Simplejack

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I need to draw just like a cigarette. Not loose or I can't get a good mouth draw. Not too tight to where I can't get a good pull.
If that is your thinking I believe your going to be sadly dissatisfied. This isnt a cigarette. Its not going to feel exactly like a cigarette. You are going to have to learn to adjust to the way a vape feel may it be similar or not but dont set yourself up for failure by expecting it to be exactly the same. It wont be.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
If that is your thinking I believe your going to be sadly dissatisfied. This isnt a cigarette. Its not going to feel exactly like a cigarette. You are going to have to learn to adjust to the way a vape feel may it be similar or not but dont set yourself up for failure by expecting it to be exactly the same. It wont be.

I know what I'm expecting out of what I'm looking to get..

• Optimistic
Reactions: fiddleshe

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Just my dos centavos...

If you are smoking, get in the game. Get a Nautilus Mini, about $25. It doesn't leak, has a good draw for what you are looking for. And I have had mine for 5 years! And use it every day.

Then start vaping! And saving yourself.

And saving money.

Then you can shop for your perfect tank and mod.

Good luck, brother.

• Love
Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread