Can I just sleep until the mail runs tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Hey y'all! I'm here to officially introduce myself.
My name is Amy, and I am an analog :smokie:addict (among other things but they are not as important right now as kicking the cig habit). I'm also a nurse :oops: I know, I know if anybody should know better it's me. As sick as it is I started smoking as a freshman in college b/c I was the "fat girl" in the dorm & got convinced smoking would help me get the weight off...ah thenaivety of youth. Needless to say I didn't drop any weight but I did help my spiral into the land of multiple addictions...it runs in the family I guess you could say.

Anyway, I've wanted and tried to quit many times but just could never do it. Lately my son has REALLY been on me to quit:angel: but his insistence along with the most stressful 2 years of my life actually made my 1PAD habit go to 2-2 1/2PAD. My Father,Grandmother & Aunt died in less than a year. My husband got laid off the day Dad got his Cancer dx, I've been very sick with various things and we've generally just had a bad go of it. Things are finally starting to look up but the smoking has not gone down any. Thankfully my brother turned me on to ecigs and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for tomorrows mail run.

I ordered a Joey 510 and 6 flavors to try out.

I need to get out of cyber world for awhile (yep it's another of my addictions...well at least my husband thinks so, I'm pretty much in denial about that one still :matrix: ) but I do have two quick questions.

My husband doesn't smoke but get's his nic habit in the form of dipping Skoal Longcut Wintergreen. Has anyone successfully switched to the ecig from dipping? any tips? We are both very intent on this working so we need all the tips and encouragement we can get.

Second...I've just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which is LONG overdue and yeah no wonder I'm still the "fat girl" so I'm hoping/wondering if anyone has managed to lose weight? I ordered yummy sounding sweet flavors as sweets are my down fall hoping that a drag of strawberry cheesecake will also curb my sweet tooth and help with the 70+lbs I want and need to lose just as much as I need and want to quit the analogs.

Thanks for any help, I'm so glad I found this forum!
Have a nice day y'all and vap on my new friends!
Amy the Addicted Nurse

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey y'all! I'm here to officially introduce myself.
My name is Amy, and I am an analog :smokie:addict (among other things but they are not as important right now as kicking the cig habit). I'm also a nurse :oops: I know, I know if anybody should know better it's me. As sick as it is I started smoking as a freshman in college b/c I was the "fat girl" in the dorm & got convinced smoking would help me get the weight off...ah thenaivety of youth. Needless to say I didn't drop any weight but I did help my spiral into the land of multiple addictions...it runs in the family I guess you could say.

Anyway, I've wanted and tried to quit many times but just could never do it. Lately my son has REALLY been on me to quit:angel: but his insistence along with the most stressful 2 years of my life actually made my 1PAD habit go to 2-2 1/2PAD. My Father,Grandmother & Aunt died in less than a year. My husband got laid off the day Dad got his Cancer dx, I've been very sick with various things and we've generally just had a bad go of it. Things are finally starting to look up but the smoking has not gone down any. Thankfully my brother turned me on to ecigs and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for tomorrows mail run.

I ordered a Joey 510 and 6 flavors to try out.

I need to get out of cyber world for awhile (yep it's another of my addictions...well at least my husband thinks so, I'm pretty much in denial about that one still :matrix: ) but I do have two quick questions.

My husband doesn't smoke but get's his nic habit in the form of dipping Skoal Longcut Wintergreen. Has anyone successfully switched to the ecig from dipping? any tips? We are both very intent on this working so we need all the tips and encouragement we can get.

Second...I've just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which is LONG overdue and yeah no wonder I'm still the "fat girl" so I'm hoping/wondering if anyone has managed to lose weight? I ordered yummy sounding sweet flavors as sweets are my down fall hoping that a drag of strawberry cheesecake will also curb my sweet tooth and help with the 70+lbs I want and need to lose just as much as I need and want to quit the analogs.

Thanks for any help, I'm so glad I found this forum!
Have a nice day y'all and vap on my new friends!
Amy the Addicted Nurse

Hello and welcome to ecf. Glad to have you here. I too, have hypothyroidism, and I have managed to lose weight by vaping, tho it was unintentional. All the good flavors without the calories....no that's what I talkin about. LOL. I would think that ecig (being a nic replacement/alternative) system would help your husband. The only ingredient is the ejuice that goes into ecigs is pg/vp nic, and flavorings(mostly food). Not any of those 4000 chemicals found in tobacco products.
I think you will enjoy your 510.
good luck
:)
sas

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
My brother switched from dipping to ecigs. After "quitting" chewing tobacco about 10 times in the past 5 years, he hasn't been back since he upgraded from his old Blu kit to a combination of both a Halo element and an eGo kit recently. He had a Blu for about a year, but because they are such poor quality, short battery life, etc. etc. he kept going back to the dip can, but not anymore.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Joye 510 - excellent choice for starting. I especially like it with Boge soft-cap cartomizers. If you need longer battery life consider the manual mega xl batteries or for super-long life a Joye Ego or its more thrifty clone Riva 510. And re the short standard 510 batteries - NoSmokeVA.com has a really nice roomy PCC - just search for PCC there. I think if you open it you need to restart the charge but it is so roomy.

Re flavors - hopefully you bought some eliquid. If not, order some now, in a couple of different strengths. Prefilled carts don't last very long. But those carts used with an atomizer can be refilled over and over and over. And when the stuffing gets gunky you can replace it with the precut blue foam stuffing for 510 from strictlyejuice.com

You can also use VaporSearchUSA.com to see if there are any vendors near you that might carry eliquid (hopefully for a reasonable price)

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I too, have hypothyroidism, and I have managed to lose weight by vaping, tho it was unintentional. All the good flavors without the calories....no that's what I talkin about. LOL.

again Thanks! that's just what I wanted to hear! I had to stop myself at the 6 flavors cause they all sounded so good!

KJ22

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
Texas
Welcome Amy, you've found a great place full supportive and helpful people. I too have a sweet tooth (Hello, my name is Kristi and I'm a chocoholic) but hey, at least I don't smoke anymore. I'm one of the "accidental quitters", I started vaping with no intention of quitting analogs but completely lost the tast for them after starting. It'll be a great way to indulge you sweet tooth calorie free plus once I was free of the analog's I got a great burst of energy and started walking. Enjoy! I just got some blueberry juice in and added it to some waffle juice for blueberry waffles. Yum.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Joye 510 - excellent choice for starting. I especially like it with Boge soft-cap cartomizers. If you need longer battery life consider the manual mega xl batteries or for super-long life a Joye Ego or its more thrifty clone Riva 510. And re the short standard 510 batteries - NoSmokeVA.com has a really nice roomy PCC - just search for PCC there. I think if you open it you need to restart the charge but it is so roomy.

Re flavors - hopefully you bought some eliquid. If not, order some now, in a couple of different strengths. Prefilled carts don't last very long. But those carts used with an atomizer can be refilled over and over and over. And when the stuffing gets gunky you can replace it with the precut blue foam stuffing for 510 from strictlyejuice.com

You can also use VaporSearchUSA.com to see if there are any vendors near you that might carry eliquid (hopefully for a reasonable price)

Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind as I get use to things and have to order more stuff. I went ahead and ordered some of the blue foam since it was cheap and wouldn't add to the price of shipping. I got 6 (well 7 counting my husbands wintergreen...ick) eliquids ordered from MadVapes and the Joey 510 kit/other supplies I got from the Vapor Pro.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Hi and welcome to ECF. There's a forum forsmokeless tobacco. If you get 5 or more posts you can ask some questions in there.

thanks so much for that I had not even noticed there was a smokeless thread, I'm sure it will help with my husband a lot. He use to smoke and switched to dip but I'm worried it will be too odd for him now so we'll need the support/tricks!

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
Welcome Amy, you've found a great place full supportive and helpful people. I too have a sweet tooth (Hello, my name is Kristi and I'm a chocoholic) but hey, at least I don't smoke anymore. I'm one of the "accidental quitters", I started vaping with no intention of quitting analogs but completely lost the tast for them after starting. It'll be a great way to indulge you sweet tooth calorie free plus once I was free of the analog's I got a great burst of energy and started walking. Enjoy! I just got some blueberry juice in and added it to some waffle juice for blueberry waffles. Yum.

thanks! I'm already getting lots of help and info so I'm even more excited! blueberry waffles sounds delish!

stummies

Dec 6, 2010
Reading, PA

When I started using vaporizers I smoked about 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day, plus I used dip at work (tin every 2-3 days). Since Jan I haven't had any cigarettes and only use dip once or twice a week. I don't have the desire to dip anymore, but I start working at 4PM usually as a graveyard shift webmaster. Since there is about an hour or two that people are still in the office I'll sometimes dip to hold me over. Officially they haven't said if I can or can't use my vaporizer at work, but I'd rather them just be ignorant to it since I'm here alone for 6-7 hours a day anyways.

I wasn't a full time oral tobacco user so I can't say for sure, but I do think it's possible to completely stop using a vaporizer. He may initially miss the tingle/burn in the gums, plus the flavor you get from using it but if he sticks to it he should be able to kick that habit (for another that lets him keep his teeth).

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Hi Amy and Welcome,
I'm a nurse too.
Lost 4 pounds since I started vaping (see my sig). I have stopped analogs from the day I ordered my pv.
I exercise daily now, since I can breathe and have way more energy.
My skin is smoother and more supple.

I have a 750 mah 510. Love it. Key Lime Pie is my favorite vape so far.
Half the battle is wanting to quit smoking. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread