Can i use juice and soda to fill cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
chickenwaffles said:
well... ya i thought it would be kinda fun to smoke sprite or coke. i mean if you can put some of that e-liquid into the cartridges why shouldnt you be able to put in coke?

Hokay?.....ahem....you go ahead and try and do let us know what happens..OK?and make sure you have your device warranty covered and also your health insurances too :p :lol:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
chickenwaffles said:
well... ya i thought it would be kinda fun to smoke sprite or coke. i mean if you can put some of that e-liquid into the cartridges why shouldnt you be able to put in coke?

The componants of E-liquid will vaporize, but the sugars in soda or juice will just be left behind when the water in it vaporizes, and will either burn or clog the atomizer. Or both, they're not mutually exclusive.

Evenif it did work, I doubt they'd taste the same. THe flavours in soda weren't meant to be heated.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Chickenwaffles - guess this is a good place to tell about dutch experiments that get slightly near to your wishes. What you do is: go to a supermarket, or reform-store; and look up what they have as cake-flavouring (essence). Look for essences that are based on either water or propyleen-glycol (don't take those based on oil!). And of course looke for taste-essences, not colour-essences...
People use these, mixed with e-liquid or (as to the PG-based ones) even pure if it's not all too strong taste, in an e-cig. With about the same results as liquid from e-Cig (which includes clogging after a while if you don't clean and/or dry-smoke it regularly; but yes, quite a few háve smoked this and don't seem to have noticed any unhealthy effects; after all, probably not much to no difference with the flavours in e-cig liquid, minus the nicotine).
Quite a variety of tastes around: cola-champagne, rum, vanilla, pine-appel, lemon, pistache-nuts... and more. So basicly, if using this pure or mixed with pure PG, one is e-smoking at strenght 0.
You might want to take into account, that a number of brands don't cover you using other liquid then that in their own cartridges though - if you do, no guarantee anymore. But well, if that's no problem...

As to using pure juices, cocacola etc: that really doesn't seem to work, sorry. No PG; and often lots of sugar (when heated: clogging, caramelizing)

:idea: I do have to think at this moment though about the fact, that I use coca cola in a jar to clean heavily rusted stuff like bicycle-chains... keep it in there for a few weeks, now and then changing the layer of cola for a fresh one; and out comes a chain without rust in the end... hmm... I think it's time for someone to drop a rusted atomizer in such a jar for a while... thanks for the idea! :D

chickenwaffles

May 13, 2008
thank you katink! are you basically saying i could take some left over e-liquid, mix it with you special cake mix, and then have my own liquid? If that is so cant i just mix the cake mix into water (if i dont want the nicotine anymore) and then put it in the cartridge ? Also, could i put non sugar drinks like sugar free cranberry juice or even sugar free coke?

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I'm just telling what people have tried, not recommending anything (though I understand the fun of experimenting, and sure do enough of it myself too!). Just... you do need to use your own best judgement at all times about where to draw your lines on what you are doing... don't 'just step into doing things'. Of course you coming here first to ask around is a good first step. But even then: don't just take one person's word for absolute truth: investigate/check yourself álso.

I'm sending you a PB with some basics as to 'be careful- be careful - be careful' (bit too long this post, else).

When you say 'special cake-mix', I am seeing, in my mind, you looking for some cake-powder or something (better not ever do anything with any powder...). Food-/taste-essences you will find in small bottles, mostly on or around the cake-ingredients-shelves. And yes, that is (IF those essences have the right base, so water or PG) what some people here mix with e-liquid or pure (top-quality) PG (= propyleen-glycol; something else then polypropyleen-glycol which is dangerous mind you!!).
Mixing such an essence with e-liquid holding nicotine instead will of course produce a nicotine-holding liquid. Any e-liquid on too heavy water-base doesn't work as far as I know (just a small portion can be water).

I wouldn't advise putting any pure juice of any kind into your atomizer. Fruits have their own sugar... and sugar-free coke is sweetened by other sugar-replacers. Those are (as far as I know: all) burnable just like sugar is... and you want to rule out experimenting with ANY burnable matter.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
thank you katink! are you basically saying i could take some left over e-liquid, mix it with you special cake mix, and then have my own liquid? If that is so cant i just mix the cake mix into water (if i dont want the nicotine anymore) and then put it in the cartridge ? Also, could i put non sugar drinks like sugar free cranberry juice or even sugar free coke?

Are you serious?? What's this "cake mix" %^&*&*???

What is being said is that you can use "flavorings" for like making candy that are NOT oil based, and add it to unflavored (usually), or other juices (e-liquids) like menthol for the kick, and can create your own flavored juice...

If you wish, you can purchase VG (Vegetable Clycerine) or PG (Propylene Glycol) along with flavorings, and the juice.. This way you can buy the highest mg you wish and cut it with the flavorings and either PG or VG to get the amount of nicotine you want..

If you do not wish to use nicotine, you can just use the VG or PG and mix it with flavorings and you will have 0mg juice..

Also, there are sites where you can buy Cola and other soda flavored juice if you'd like...

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Let me jump in here, too....

Katnik is talking about the little bottles of imitation flavoring found in the baking section by the spices....not a cake mix.

You cannot put just anything in your PV and expect it to vape. It's the PG/VG in the PV that produces the vapor when heated....that's part of its chemical property.

If you try to put a regular juice or soda pop in your PV, you're going to ruin the attomizer. even IF you can get it to produce a vapor (doubtful without the PG or VG) its going to taste nasty (like burnt soda or juice) and you will either burn out or gunk up your atty.

If you want to mix your own juices - buy some loranns flavorings https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx
*Note: do not buy any flavorings that are oil based*

some Proplyne Glycol (PG) - you can ask for it at your pharmacy.
and some glycerine(VG) you can get this in the cake-decorating supplies of most craft stores.

2 to 1 PG to VG - add your flavorings, and thin the mix with a bit of distilled water if its too thick.

That will give you a wealth of flavor combinations without the nic and without major damage to your atty.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Let me jump in here, too....

Katnik is talking about the little bottles of imitation flavoring found in the baking section by the spices....not a cake mix.

You cannot put just anything in your PV and expect it to vape. It's the PG/VG in the PV that produces the vapor when heated....that's part of its chemical property.

If you try to put a regular juice or soda pop in your PV, you're going to ruin the attomizer. even IF you can get it to produce a vapor (doubtful without the PG or VG) its going to taste nasty (like burnt soda or juice) and you will either burn out or gunk up your atty.

If you want to mix your own juices - buy some loranns flavorings https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx
*Note: do not buy any flavorings that are oil based*

some Proplyne Glycol (PG) - you can ask for it at your pharmacy.
and some glycerine(VG) you can get this in the cake-decorating supplies of most craft stores.

2 to 1 PG to VG - add your flavorings, and thin the mix with a bit of distilled water if its too thick.

That will give you a wealth of flavor combinations without the nic and without major damage to your atty.

I just wnted to add this link to your post, main try the roast beef flavor LOL i ordererd some should get it next week :D

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Guys (and girls/ladies)... this Chickenwaffle-post you are reacting to is more then a year old... and did, albeit after quite a bit of exchanging PM's to get the basics across, end with chickenwaffles understanding what he could, and more to the point what he couldn't, do and try... if I recall correctly (long time ago...) he did become a successful DIY-liquidmaker later on (and I don't think he even secretly tried any of those wild idea's he was having) ;)
And I was indeed alking about the flavourings in those small bottles - something you can use when really in a pinch, I certainly wouldn't recommend them for any serious vaping, not much taste to them. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread