Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I am new to DIY and just made my first batch. I used flavor concentrates that were diluted with PG for a 10% solution. My nic is 60 mg/ml. My recipe is as follows:

Cherry 2ml
Vanilla 2ml
Rum 1 ml
Nic base 2ml
VG 10ml (rounded up from 9.94ml)
PG 3ml (rounded down from 3.06ml)

Overall a 20ml batch of 50VG/PG with 6mg/ml nic.

I mixed everything last night and allowed it to steep in a glass of water that was on a candle warmer. I am vaping it right now in a Kanger Subtank with a .5-ohm coil on my ipv 2. Flavor is nice although a bit dry. Overall, I am happy. I hope I haven't given away any secrets as to how simple this can be. Oh, I used the e-liquid tab on the Steam Engine for the mixing.

Reactions: seapeach

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I am new to DIY and just made my first batch. I used flavor concentrates that were diluted with PG for a 10% solution. My nic is 60 mg/ml. My recipe is as follows:

Cherry 2ml
Vanilla 2ml
Rum 1 ml
Nic base 2ml
VG 10ml (rounded up from 9.94ml)
PG 3ml (rounded down from 3.06ml)

Overall a 20ml batch of 50VG/PG with 6mg/ml nic.

I mixed everything last night and allowed it to steep in a glass of water that was on a candle warmer. I am vaping it right now in a Kanger Subtank with a .5-ohm coil on my IPV 2. Flavor is nice although a bit dry. Overall, I am happy. I hope I haven't given away any secrets as to how simple this can be. Oh, I used the E-Liquid tab on the Steam Engine for the mixing.
nice I like the steam engine too I have made a couple juices only one that I really really like. the DIY forum crowd is great I am so not an expert but one of the more qualified vapers told me steeping seems to improve desert type vapes I made one with eng toffee and kaluha and stevia and it seemed much nicer about 3 weeks later. I am DIY for a number of reasons mostly because I figure taxes and supplies will skyrocket and by DIY I have some idea what is in my juice if Big tobacco takes over I would highly doubt they would be helpful of beneficial to providing me with ability to have some control, and of course when BG taxes it to death I can protect myself

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
I just started vaping on May 13th and am enthralled. Certainly got in at a prime time

I started DIY after much research and helpful advice from the prochers. Join us on the front prorch for vaping discussions: Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part Three | Page 496 | E-Cigarette Forum and on the back porch for everything else: Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three | Page 402 | E-Cigarette Forum

Us old-timers have this DYI under control. After much research and advice. I set up my lab and made my first batch of Flamingo yesterday. It's perfect. Strawberry, coconut and peach 18 mg, 70/30. I used E Juice Me Up calculator: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator Once you download the calculator, which makes it sooooo easy peasy, there's also a list of recipe files under the "file" tab. Another good place for recipes is E-Liquid Recipes | DIY E-Juice | e cig Liquids

Happy mixing
Weird_science.gif

Reactions: Diver9543

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Welcome to the world of DIY. I started DIY'ing last Oct and it gets even easier the more you mix. You will start getting a feel for what goes together and works well in a recipe. I will occasionally buy a bottle of premium stuff just because yet around %95 of all that I vape now is what I mixed up.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I used E Juice Me Up calculator: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator Once you download the calculator, which makes it sooooo easy peasy, there's also a list of recipe files under the "file" tab. Another good place for recipes is E-Liquid Recipes | DIY E-Juice | e cig Liquids

Happy mixing
Weird_science.gif

Thanks seapeach! I had downloaded eJuice me up, but had never really understood how to use it. I had no idea that there were recipes available under the file tab. I saw quite a few that I will have to try. After another flavor order. Now to research what I need and decide who to use for my order.

Reactions: seapeach

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Apart from the ease of it and the fun in creating new recipes there is also the savings. When I started vaping I bought some premixed Space Jam juices from the UK. My favourite was the Eclipse which I bought to close to £9.00 for 15ml which is the equivalent of €12.23 not including the shipping. I've made a very decent clone of it which cost me all of €0.90 for 15ml!

Good luck and have fun. :)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Apart from the ease of it and the fun in creating new recipes there is also the savings. When I started vaping I bought some premixed Space Jam juices from the UK. My favourite was the Eclipse which I bought to close to £9.00 for 15ml which is the equivalent of €12.23 not including the shipping. I've made a very decent clone of it which cost me all of €0.90 for 15ml!

Good luck and have fun. :)

Amen to that Papillon, yesterday I picked up a bottle of Unicorn Milk just because I had a new Kanger subtank. Last night I killed that $12 15 ml bottle. But now I know what to aim for in trying to clone it.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've been DIYing for about 10 months now. As long as I do my math correctly (I've had a couple of "senior moments" the last couple times I've mixed....) I'm quite happy with my results.

I appreciate all the suggestions and advice from the more experienced folks, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread