Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Lilteapot, something that might help you right now....because you probably haven't run out to Petsmart yet for that blue foam (which is great, by the way)....here's what someone told me early on and it really helped: Take one of your cartridges (carts) and pull the white filler out. If it's dry, just proceed with the next step. If it's wet with juice, rinse it out and dry it by pressing it between a paper towel. Anyway, when you get it out, take a pair of scissors and trim about 1/3 off of the long side of the filler then put it back into the cart. You might want to fluff it a little. Then add some juice, put it on the atomizer (atty) and vape. When we talk about "wicking"....the filler wicks (like a candle) the juice out of the cart (slowly) down into the atomizer so that the hot coil down there can heat it and turn it into vapor. The wicking is very important if you're using carts. Anyway....the filler that comes in the carts is usually a little too dense and this will thin it out a little and your juice will be able to reach the atty better. It worked for me until I started using the blue foam...which I still use. And I've been vaping for over 6 months and have tried dripping, cartomizers, mega cartomizers, etc.....and I always come back to my blue foam carts. It's just my favorite way.

Phil Ruh

Jan 8, 2011
houston
:confused:Jynn: thanks for your information sharing, I got my e-cig last week from a tobacco shop near the house. It is a health e-cigarette, Horrible taste, but worth the effort. It doesn't have a filler in the cart, it is just a little plastic thing, with a foil cover on one end and the plastic thing has no filler, and on one side of the plastic thing it is flat.:confused:::oops:

BAZYRKYR

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2010
USA
This is most likely from Dry hits because of a lack of fluid caused by either some sort of wicking issue inside the Atomizer (poor construction techniques from factory)and a lack of fluid in the cartridge. The material the factory use in cartridges tends to be too dense to let the e-liquid flow properly and the fact that its usually glued makes it even worse. If you look into the cart you'll notice that you still have what appears to be half of a Cart. of fluid, but its actually about a quarter full because the glue(silicone) takes up a lot of space. That's why your always having to refill your carts and getting dry hits more often. Make sure to blow out your Attys often to prevent them from getting gunked up and keep fresh liquid in them. After you blow them out put 2-3 drops of fresh liquid in the Atty and let it set for a few minutes so the liquid has time to work its way through the Atty and then put your full Cart. on. You should also probably try a 510XL Atty (Totally Wicked calls it a Mega Titan) and then use blue foam to fill the Cartridge. You can find everything you need on this forum to get this done.

If you hear a gurgling noise, and are not getting much vapor, then you have probably flooded the atomizer. Unscrew it and place a piece of paper towel or napkin over the threaded end of the atomizer and blow into the mouthpiece until the excess juice squirts out. Wipe off the threads and try again. If you flooded it too bad, there may also be liquid in the battery threads, make sure to wipe those clean as well.

Ah! Thanks!~

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
i have always blown into the battery end of the atomizer and put paper towel on the bridge/wick end of the atomizer....and i have been vaping for over 2 years.............................have i been doing it wrong this whole time? well, all i know is that it works and i have never had at atomizer die on me (except for one that i attempted cleaning by dropping it in boiling water)...i never clean my attys anymore!

Those are carts :) Carts notoriously have wicking issues. You can look in the mod section, people have come up with all kinds of ways to modify the carts themselveswith different fillers, little straws, etc to make them wick better.

You might also just want to try swapping to Cartos or dripping. Cartos (cartomizers) are kind of like an atty built right into the cartridge, many people prefer these as they work better and need to be refilled less frequently, They are simply filled with juice as you would your cartridge, and then screwed directly onto the the battery where the atomizer normally goes. I personally have wicking problems with them too tho.

Dripping is when you drip juice directly onto the bridge of your atomizer, instead of relying on the cartridge filler to "wick" the juice to the atomizer. Many people feel that direct dripping gives a purer flavor and better vapor production than using cartridges. It also eliminates wicking problems with carts and the hassle of constant refilling and transportation of different carts.
You have two types of batteries a sealed manual battery (with the button) and an auto battery. Dripping is not recommended on the auto battery as it has a hole in it where excess liquid could leak in and ruin the battery.
You can get a drip tip to facilitate dripping, A drip tip snaps onto your atomizer where the cartridge usually goes, snap it on and simply drip 2-3 drops of juice into the hole in the center. Blow lightly into the tip to make sure the drop doesn’t get stuck to the wall of the drip tip instead of flowing down into the atomizer.
That’s it! Put it in your mouth and vape away. When you notice vapor production slowing down or your juice starts to taste a little burnt, your atomizer has probably become too dry, Just add another drop. Try to remember how your e-cig vaped JUST before you got that burnt taste, and with time you will be able to tell when you need to add juice before that happens.

If you hear a gurgling noise, and are not getting much vapor, then you have probably flooded the atomizer. Unscrew it and place a piece of paper towel or napkin over the threaded end of the atomizer and blow into the mouthpiece until the excess juice squirts out. Wipe off the threads and try again. If you flooded it too bad, there may also be liquid in the battery threads, make sure to wipe those clean as well.

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
Amazing the help out there.
When you go to the vendors to buy this stuff there is no explanation of what is what or how to use it, or what goes with what.
That is the most frustrating part.
This forum is awesome.
Yes, you can learn a lot, but it is overwhelming.
It is a fast pace learn though.
Thanks to you all.
I am introducing a few friends to vaping, and I get overwhelmed trying to explain so I direct them here.

Yeah, directing to this forum is the best thing to do. Which reminds me. I need to get some ECF cards to pass out when people ask and I try to explain e cigs.
Oh, and :lol: @ your avatar.

When my atty gets dry, I will get a harsh hit. So you first need to check the liquid.

From experience, I hate filling the cartridges (the black tip that you inhale from) with liquid. I just recently switched to dripping the liquid on the atomizer (the metal piece that heats up the liquid). I could only use the SS Choice No. 7 liquid when filling the carts without getting the burning sensation. As soon as I switched to dripping, I can use any liquid I prefer and don't get that burning throat hit. There are many different mods for the cartridges if you prefer to do this, but I have tried many and none seem to work all the time and have some kind of issue.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread