can someone help me with the vmax ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapbrat

Jul 5, 2012
canada
Hi everyone!

I just recieved a vmax and was wondering why sometimes (usually when it sits for a minute or two) it flashs 3-3 digit numbers at me when i press the power button. Also how do i check the resistance on the atomizer? I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks everyone!

lol another quick question.....I want to make some liquid with mentol crystals which I have done a dozen times but want to do it in glass vials this time. Will it crack the vials like it does the tanks sometimes?

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I just recieved a vmax and was wondering why sometimes (usually when it sits for a minute or two) it flashs 3-3 digit numbers at me when i press the power button. Also how do i check the resistance on the atomizer? I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks everyone!

That is either your battery voltage, the VV power level you have it set at, or the resistance of the carto/tank/atty you have on the unit.

The factory settings for the display is to display the battery voltage when you press the button. (you can also set it to display the carto/atty resistance, or the wattage being delivered by the mod to the carto/atty)

Once your battery drops below 3.4v it SHOULD display the error code LOU.

Since your ZMAX isn'd displaying LOU when you hit the button, my guess is that it is displaying the Resistance or the Voltage setting...

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
What exactly comes up on the display when you press the button?

Accessing menu: Press button 4 times until you see 1. If you want to advance to 2, 3, 4, etc press button again.

1= Voltage up, press button to increase, let sit until screen is blank.
2= Voltage down, press button to decrease, let sit until screen is blank.
3= Power On/Off, press button for On or Off (Of on display), let sit.
4= Displays remaining battery voltage.
5= Displays ohms and operating voltage. do=operating voltage. dA=current ohm rating of whatever carto/atty you're using. du=ohms under load (while you are firing the device)
6= LED on/off

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Hi everyone!

lol another quick question.....I want to make some liquid with mentol crystals which I have done a dozen times but want to do it in glass vials this time. Will it crack the vials like it does the tanks sometimes?

What brand and exact type (nipple top or flat top) batteries are you using? Were the batteries fully charged? I'm asking because the Vmax can be finicky about the type of battery used.

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
What brand and exact type (nipple top or flat top) batteries are you using? Were the batteries fully charged? I'm asking because the Vmax can be finicky about the type of battery used.

Good point, I thought of that initially but forgot to include it in my post. #vap: Make sure you are using IMR 18350's

vapbrat

Jul 5, 2012
canada
Awesome! Thanks everyone for the suggestions :). I already earlier downloaded the manual but it wasn't much help. It's not part of the menu or anything. It seems to only happen when I use the stubby tank from canvape. The cart I'm using in it is a single coil 2.0 ohms. The batteries I'm using is from them to and they are nipple top. It seems to happen when I push the button to vape. It's weird it displays three seperate three digit numbers. But if I push it again after it fires. But than when I do it again it happens again lol.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
IMPORTANT! Since you just got the Vmax you want to be careful to not over tighten anything when putting it on the Vmax. The pin is soldered directly to the board and over tightening can damage that connection. Just screw it until you start to feel contact being made with the post and then only about 1/16 of a turn more to snug it up.

Look at the bottom of the carto you are having problems with. If the post is pushed too far up inside the carto it can cause problems by not making good contact with the pin. Take a very small screwdriver or anything else you have that would fit inside the small hole on the bottom post of the carto post and gently pull the post down just a little and see if that helps.

Also is there any brand name on the batteries such as AW, Efest, Panasonic, or are they just blank with numbers on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread