Can someone tell me the difference between dripping and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burly

Molon Labe
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Park Hills, MO, U.S.A.
I am moderately new to vaping (less than 6 months) and I love it. I spend most of my internet usage researching products and techniques. I want to learn all I can because I am aware that I am still using the "basic" equipment and am reasonably sure that I could vastly improve my vaping experience with upgrades or mods.

As all of you probably experienced at one time when you first started, the more you learn, the more questions you have. And, I don't have the luxury of a store with a resident guru near me.

Anyway, I have always had a question:

Could someone tell me exactly the difference between vaping and dripping? I have attys and cartos but I don't know which is which or if either is "dripping".

I posted this in the new member forum because I am sure others that are new to e-cigs probably are wondering the same thing.

If anyone could take the time to give me a quick run-down, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: orgnzdkaos

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
Some people prefer dripping into a atomizer,its simple and produces really good flavor. There is a learning curve however. Cartomizers and tanks are more convenient and many prefer them. I really like the extra large cartomizers for use while working. Im my free time I use a genesis type atomizer which in my opinion gives the best flavor and you don't have to keep dripping into it. I also really like variable voltage devices that use 18650 batteries because they last all day on a charge. Thats me and not everyone likes the same thing. The one thing I find universal is don't buy cheap stuff. It just breaks or dosn't perform well in the first place leaving you disappointed.

CSH65

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Maryland
I am new, too. Welcome. Direct dripping is when you place a few drops directly onto the atomizer ( right into the fire, you might say). Cartomizers have a filler inside and you drop the liquid into the filler for extended use. Both methods are vaping but the direct drip method gives you a better flavor and more vape, though it can be a pain and a mess. I'm not that good at it yet, so I get leakage and a mouth full of juice more often than not, but it's getting better. It is also probably cheaper in the long run. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread