Can someone tell me what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty new to vaping and picked up my first vape at a local kiosk. It looked pretty cool and easy to use, so I figured I could look up some information online on how to use/assemble. Can anyone tell me what this is called? I used up an entire tank of juice so any tips on how to clean/change it would be awesome! Thanks!

IMG_20140812_201157_683[1].jpg

Evilocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Washington DC
Looks cool enough! I have no clue what it is though lol. I'd say you can just refill the tank without any special cleaning as long as you use the same juice. Once you find out more about it, you can proceed with cleaning /replacing coil heads etc. I'm surprised the shop didn't give you some basic info on how to care for the device. Good luck, looks great!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Got a good charger and xtra batteries yet?

It looks like it's Selectable voltage. Usually 3.4, 3.8, 4.2 volts.

Selectable settings aren't usually regulated, the top two settings may all drop down to the 3.4 volt range as the battery drains.

Looks like a modified Vivi Nova clearomiser, so it should be easy to find parts and utube videos on how to use.

Hi, welcome, and happy vaping!

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    The battery is just someone's design so the battery and tank match. I do believe the tank is for wax and that substance we don't mention. The tank should separate once you remove it from the battery

Nah - you can see the wicks in the tank. It's a variation of a basic top coil clearo.

That sorta looks like it. But not really.

How do you charge the battery? Do you have to remove the battery and stick it in a charger? Or did it come with something that screws onto the "battery part" itself that you plug into a USB power supply?

As far was how to clean and how much you can clean... Have you filled it yourself? In most cases for a clearo like that the drip tip - the black plastic part - unscrews for filling.

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2013
    City of Angels

That is so cool! A handheld battery case that takes rechargeable IMR18350 batteries instead of having to charge the whole unit up by itself (like a spinner)? That's genius! I'm not crazy about the coil/atomizer set-up, but the battery pack looks like a definite win. According to one of the reviews, it is compatible with 510 atomizers like my favorite, the Kanger Protank 2 (with an airflow control valve), and apparently it's available for separate purchase, too. If I'm wrong, please let me know quickly, because I'm going to have to get one for myself very soon, if no one persuades me otherwise!

PS - apparently it's called an Elite E-cigarette from UNICIG:

Elite Kit, Elite battery and elite atomizer wholesale UNICIG E-Cig Manufactory

PPS - okay, maybe there is a slight difference in the design of the battery tube, but still, I've never seen one like that before.

Last edited:

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2013
    City of Angels
    Lol, Manufactory....

There are probably better options out there for this type of mod.............

Well it is in China, after all :)

I wonder how long the battery lasts... it's a 800mAh 3.7V, so it it wouldn't last as long as my 1300 spinner, but still, you can keep any number of backup batteries charged and simply replace them as needed.

Last edited:
    Nah - you can see the wicks in the tank. It's a variation of a basic top coil clearo.

That sorta looks like it. But not really.

How do you charge the battery? Do you have to remove the battery and stick it in a charger? Or did it come with something that screws onto the "battery part" itself that you plug into a USB power supply?

As far was how to clean and how much you can clean... Have you filled it yourself? In most cases for a clearo like that the drip tip - the black plastic part - unscrews for filling.

It screws into a USB. I've filled it a few times before. Twice with the same flavor. I tried switching juices but it ghosts terribly. Can I clean the wicks or do I need to buy the "wick piece" every time I want to change flavors? I've noticed that I don't get as good of a vape as when I first bought it and I think the wicks may be the problem.

David1975

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2014
    Northlake, IL, USA
    I'm pretty new to vaping and picked up my first vape at a local kiosk. It looked pretty cool and easy to use, so I figured I could look up some information online on how to use/assemble. Can anyone tell me what this is called? I used up an entire tank of juice so any tips on how to clean/change it would be awesome! Thanks!

View attachment 364430
    Are you able to take the tank off and post a few closer picture of it? I think some of us might be able to compare it to other devices we've used or had and suggest things to help if we could see it better.....

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2013
    City of Angels
    It screws into a USB. I've filled it a few times before. Twice with the same flavor. I tried switching juices but it ghosts terribly. Can I clean the wicks or do I need to buy the "wick piece" every time I want to change flavors? I've noticed that I don't get as good of a vape as when I first bought it and I think the wicks may be the problem.

I have no experience with this clearomizer/atomizer, but I can tell you for sure, your vapor is going to taste bad, or otherwise perform poorly after a week or less, if you don't change your wick (the wick is the white string-like part, and the piece it sits in is the "coil"). I notice you are a new member (welcome!) so I'll assume you're new to vaping; unless you learn how to rebuild your coils with new, clean wicks, you will have to buy new coils to use. It's not so much changing flavors as it is the wick just getting burnt out from regular use. This can get expensive unless your using an atomizer with inexpensive coils. I use the Kanger Protank 2 which uses a single (one wick) coil, and I use a Kanger Aerotank base on it (also known as a Kanger Airflow Control Valve) which reduces gurgling and airflow problems. You will need dual coils for some Kanger "clearos" (clear glass tank atomizers) such as the Aerotank, but these coils are more expensive. The Protank series uses a single coil you can get for about a dollar a piece if you buy bulk (I buy a box of 50 single coils for about $50 and I usually change them once a week). It's a whole lot simpler than learning how to rebuild a coil.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA

Ok, we know roughly what it is - a top coil clearo. The will come in two versions: the kind where the coil assembly can be unscrewed and replaced... and the kind where you can't do that.

If it's they type where the coil assembly can be unscrewed you will have some success removing it and soaking it in cheap vodka overnight. Long term, that only takes you so far.

Here, you need a basic anatomy lesson: Those long wicks have the wire coil wrapped around them, underneath that silicone cap that your drip tip snugs onto when you screw it on. Wicks draw the liquid up and through the inside of the coil, heat it, vapor comes out... and repeat. With use both the wicks and the coil build up residue from the flavorings and sweeteners in liquids. Over time that causes performance to drop. For a clearo designed like that you unscrew the coil assembly - if you have that option - and soak to remove what you can, but sooner or later you have to just replace the coil assembly. Soaking only cleans out so much.

As you figgered out - flavor transfer. :shock: That type of clearo can only be cleaned so well - even if you soak the coil/wick part. They really are the kind of device you use for flavors you are committed to, not so good for sampling or switching flavors.

If you can show us an image of the connector end of the battery with the clearo removed, we can see what's what with the connector type and give you some suggestions for what may work better longer-term for a clearo. Like something with a glass tank that can be fully disassembled for cleaning and will have a coil/wick assembly that is easier to change and clean. Don't know what they are charging you for coils for that one, but replacement coils for something like a Kanger ProTank can be had on-line in 5 packs for about $8.00

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2013
    City of Angels
    If you can show us an image of the connector end of the battery with the clearo removed, we can see what's what with the connector type and give you some suggestions for what may work better longer-term for a clearo. Like something with a glass tank that can be fully disassembled for cleaning and will have a coil/wick assembly that is easier to change and clean. Don't know what they are charging you for coils for that one, but replacement coils for something like a Kanger ProTank can be had on-line in 5 packs for about $8.00

Good advice, Rickajho. According to one review on the "EastMall" Unicig webpage, the atty has a 510-compatible connection. So it should work with all Kanger products. But you got to buy the coils in bulk!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread